2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

3 hours ago, persiandud said:

If Cincy watched Burrow tear his ACL and drafts Chase/Pitts over Sewell that's malpractice 

If anybody drafts Chase/Pitts in the top 10 that is malpractice. 

I don't want to hear about how good a prospect Pitts is. 

Rob Gronkowski is the best tight end of my lifetime and he isn't worth a top 5 pick.

I mean he would be, but if you're assuming a healthy 10 year career for your top 5 pick, you better have a 10 year QB, OT, DB, EDGE, DL and even WR before you decide to go picking a TE top 5. 

Rob Gronkowski over the past ten years, 100% healthy, in Jacksonville, NY, Cincinnati, Miami, Detroit, Arizona, Oakland, Chicago...

Completely worthless. 

Even though the Bengals seem to have their QB, they still have nothing of note on defense.  They'd score a lot of points and get beaten 4-8 times each regular season by teams outscoring them, and lose nearly every postseason game where all the offenses are good and all the defenses are average at worst. 

An OT improves your offense as much or more than a TE, too.  Keeps QB healthy, gives the QB more time for lesser options to get open...

If you're a losing franchise and you want to sell tickets, take the TE/WR/RB.

If you're a losing franchise and you want to change decades of poor performance, build the lines, then the QB, then the defense.

This is a rant, granted, but how many times did people want us to take a TE in the 1st/2nd/3rd, but instead we got Gary, Savage, Alexander... And then got Tonyan at the cost of nothing? 

There will always be skill position nobodies who turn into somebody through draft and develop, but the elite EDGE/DB/DL talents aren't frequently found 3-7. 

• Like 1

Not sold on Pitts. His numbers jump off the board and he's got the film and all, but I just have a bad feeling about the prospect. He's going to have to go somewhere where they already have some nice offensive pieces around him. Atlanta would be a great place for him...

10 minutes ago, Joe said:

Not sold on Pitts. His numbers jump off the board and he's got the film and all, but I just have a bad feeling about the prospect. He's going to have to go somewhere where they already have some nice offensive pieces around him. Atlanta would be a great place for him...

Not sure how you came to this conclusion. He's the safest pick in the draft to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe said:

The AFC would be a better place for him IMO.

Edited by Leader

40 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Is it me or is the NFL draft one of the most long awaited things every year. Like the first game of the season and opening day of gun season to me. Those 3 God damn days are the best days of the year.

3 more weeks...

Watch us wait around for hours on the first day for Gute to trade out of the 1st round. The ultimate gut punch.

50 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Is it me or is the NFL draft one of the most long awaited things every year. Like the first game of the season and opening day of gun season to me. Those 3 God damn days are the best days of the year.

3 more weeks...

Hate football, but in like the way you hate a really attractive ex who makes you miserable but she’s really attractive so you still kinda want to explore that again knowing that it’ll be a lot of ups and downs with a really disappointing ending virtually guaranteed and the wait will seem a lot less.

55 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Watch us wait around for hours on the first day for Gute to trade out of the 1st round. The ultimate gut punch.

Fully expected that last year with how the draft played out. Then BOOM. WE TRADED UP FOR A QUARTERBACK???!!!

44 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Hate football, but in like the way you hate a really attractive ex who makes you miserable but she’s really attractive so you still kinda want to explore that again knowing that it’ll be a lot of ups and downs with a really disappointing ending virtually guaranteed and the wait will seem a lot less.

🤣🤣🤣

Honestly I've had to remind myself numerous times that this is just a stupid game that elementary kids play, and people get paid millions to play it and to stop taking such a silly thing so serious. It helps. The less you care the less stress follows. 

59 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Being a sports fan is a losing proposition. In the end it just gets me yelled at by the Mrs. for over drinking.