Jump to content

2021 NFL Draft Thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

LOL!

pulled a fast one on us and then said DEAL WITH IT.

One of my best friends...Packer fan for sure, but doesn't spend near the amount of time following the team/game/draft as me said a couple days before the draft..."I heard we might take Jordan Love". Of course he probably saw it on one of the ESPNs 100 different mock drafts, and I said ehhh I highly doubt it. Couple days later we were drinking some beer and playing cards on day 1 of the draft and it ******* happened. Couldn't believe it lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VonKarman said:

Cincy needs to strengthen the IOL, the OTs aren't their biggest problem.

Yea, but kicking Jonah Williams inside would help the interior and it would be hard to pass up on Sewell if they think he is that good of a prospect at LT. Seems like they could flip that oline around pretty quickly. They do need a couple pass catchers though but I would wait until the second or third if Sewell is there in the first. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Victor1124 said:

Yea, but kicking Jonah Williams inside would help the interior and it would be hard to pass up on Sewell if they think he is that good of a prospect at LT. Seems like they could flip that oline around pretty quickly. They do need a couple pass catchers though but I would wait until the second or third if Sewell is there in the first. 

Personally I'd go Pitts or trade down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Packers have selected 29th overall 5 times in their history. 

2003 - Nick Barnett - LB from Oregon State

1993 - George Teague - Safety from Alabama

1957 - Dalton Truax - OT from Tulane

1955 - Buddy Leake - QB from Oklahoma

1937 - Bud Wilkerson - OL from Minnesota

Truax, Leake and Wilkerson were actually 3rd round picks. Truax played a total of 14 games for the Packers and that was the end of his NFL career. Leake never did play for the Packers, instead of playing in the NFL he played 3 seasons as the starting QB for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL. Wilkerson played Guard and QB for the Golden Gophers, but never played for the Packers either. Wilkerson would go into coaching out of college, first as an assistant at Syracuse and Minnesota before his legendary run as the Oklahoma Sooners Head Coach from 1947-1963 which included  a 47-game winning streak from 1953 to 1957, an NCAA I record that still stands. Wilkinson was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a coach in 1969.

And now you know the rest of the story.  

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a TDN mock draft just because. Here's how it went. 

29. Christian Barmore IDL

62. Elijah Molden CB

92. Trill Williams CB

135. Seth Williams WR

142. Tommy Kraemer OL

173. Demetric Felton WR/RB

178. Divine Deablo S/Hybrid

214. Cole Van Lanen OL

220. Shaka Toney EDGE 

256. Camryn Bynum CB

 

One can dream...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Did a TDN mock draft just because. Here's how it went. 

29. Christian Barmore IDL

62. Elijah Molden CB

92. Trill Williams CB

135. Seth Williams WR

142. Tommy Kraemer OL

173. Demetric Felton WR/RB

178. Divine Deablo S/Hybrid

214. Cole Van Lanen OL

220. Shaka Toney EDGE 

256. Camryn Bynum CB

 

One can dream...

Worth noting that the packers have had visits with Williams and Felton, so you're in the ballpark

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pgwingman said:

Worth noting that the packers have had visits with Williams and Felton, so you're in the ballpark

There were no visits this year. There was no limit on Skype calls I believe, so I don't think it means anything that we spoke to them. Would imagine every player that's in the top 100-200 spoke to close to all 32 teams. 

Unfortunately this year it's going to be like last year. No clues via visits to utilize. We'll probably take another QB and RB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking at the positional depth of positions and where the Packers currently select it would not be surprising if the first 2 picks were EDGE and WR and that would probably cause a freak out within the Packers fanbase also.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, R T said:

Just looking at the positional depth of positions and where the Packers currently select it would not be surprising if the first 2 picks were EDGE and WR and that would probably cause a freak out within the Packers fanbase also.  

EDGE is one of the positions always worth investing in, given the value is right. 2nd most important position after QB if you ask me. If Z or Gary goes down for some time(knock on wood), and Preston is still playing patty cake out there, we'd be in big trouble. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So why did Rodgers have perhaps his best year ever in his career?

1 - Offense scheme and working relationship with LaFluer = check.

2 - OL playing at a high level = check.

3 - An effective running game = check.

4 - Drafting Jordan Love = check check check

Packers fans love Aaron Rodgers but he can be moody and difficult. Coach LaFluer has certainly helped Rodgers redefine his game to more quickly find an open receiver and it has paid huge dividends and has made Rodgers a better and happier QB. But.....drafting Love reminded Rodgers he is not irreplaceable and it was up to him to prove he is irreplaceable for at least the next few years. I think Aaron Rodgers has done just that and I fully expect the Packers to extend Rodgers likely soon but certainly prior to next offseason. Jordan Love, IMO, will either have to wait 3 years to play or he will be moved once he proves a value by his preseason play.  Drafting Jordan Love may have been the best draft move Gute will ever make. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VonKarman said:

Big ni to Rousseau, he tested quite poorly.

Was reading over at the Bucs board and there's a keen interest to bulk up along the DL.
They're looking to become the Niners East.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...