2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

I try to read this forum every day, but I've been laid up for a long spell due to back surgery--so my question may have already been discussed at length. If so, please forgive and maybe point me to a page. If not, I think it's one that still could receive plenty of attention: Assuming for a moment in the unlikely event the Packers trade away Jordan Love to a quarterback-needy team like New England, etc., at the end of this April, what do you think the Love trade would bring in draft choices and/or players?

44 minutes ago, Gypsy1027 said:

what do you think the Love trade would bring in draft choices and/or players?

I don't think it would fetch a first.  Maybe a low 2nd if you're lucky.  

It's a draft with 5+ qbs, and 3rd year rookie contract qbs with no experience aren't going to fetch that much even if they were former 1st rounders playing behind a star.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Gypsy1027 said:

I try to read this forum every day, but I've been laid up for a long spell due to back surgery--so my question may have already been discussed at length. If so, please forgive and maybe point me to a page. If not, I think it's one that still could receive plenty of attention: Assuming for a moment in the unlikely event the Packers trade away Jordan Love to a quarterback-needy team like New England, etc., at the end of this April, what do you think the Love trade would bring in draft choices and/or players?

They are not trading him no matter how much some fans may wish it to be so. If there was any chance they would even consider trading him they would of re-signed Boyle to backup Rodgers. Add in there would be over 2M cap hit to trade him, he is not going anywhere regardless of the trade offer.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gypsy1027 said:

Page 69...

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Damm! I just saw this now. Eric Stokes RAS score is insane!!! Is that 40 yard time legit?

Nope his 40, 20, and 10 splits were not official. His RAS score is 9.37. 

But Jacee Horn has a 9.99 RAS.

Edited by Kenrik
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, cannondale said:

Packers met with Samuel Jr. again ?

Yup. I'm assuming there's genuine interest there even after his measurements and he tested just "okay." Smart, because Samuel is going to be a player. Some guys just have "it" and I think he's one of them. Winfield was that guy last year and so many teams (including the Packers) missed it. 

22 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yup. I'm assuming there's genuine interest there even after his measurements and he tested just "okay." Smart, because Samuel is going to be a player. Some guys just have "it" and I think he's one of them. Winfield was that guy last year and so many teams (including the Packers) missed it. 

How happy would you be IF....IF GB were to trade out of round one, pick up some extra picks, draft Samuel Jr, then use those acquired picks to move back up for a tackle like Raddunz or Eichenberg?  (Apologies for spelling.)

As in GB would have two, second round picks and end up with a corner and tackle?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

How happy would you be IF....IF GB were to trade out of round one, pick up some extra picks, draft Samuel Jr, then use those acquired picks to move back up for a tackle like Raddunz or Eichenberg?  (Apologies for spelling.)

As in GB would have two, second round picks and end up with a corner and tackle?

That's my hope, in a draft supposedly rich in CB and OT.  I really don't follow NCAA football enough to know and this has got to be a terrible year, even for the pros, in evaluation.  I hope our guys have done their homework and we also get blessed with a bit of necessary luck to grab some players for the future and hopefully some contributors for this season.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I think that would be the most ideal scenario for Packers' fans to end up taking a CB and OT with our first two picks of the draft.  Just not sure how realistic it is tbh.

• Like 1

This is the first time I feel like this, but my dream scenario is Bateman in the first round. We do not have WRs in 2022 and we need some leverage to deal with Davante's extension. Then DB in round 2 (even a S to have Savage playing close to the LoS would be great).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I think that would be the most ideal scenario for Packers' fans to end up taking a CB and OT with our first two picks of the draft.  Just not sure how realistic it is tbh.

I referenced an article the other day in which Gutey seemed to be pretty happy with the CB room after bringing King back. That said, the same article suggested that Gutey is going to use this draft to wheel-n-deal with picks in order to move around for specific players. I'm wondering if he'll work out a deal with a team like Jacksonville who has multiple picks within the first 15 picks of the 2nd round(33 and 45) and multiple picks on the top half of the 4th round(106, 130). I'd be more than happy to draft Samuel at 29 and then trade our 2nd, a 5th, and swap picks 92 and 106 for 33 and draft Jenkins/Radunz/best OT at 33. Heck, we may be able to be lucky enough to trade 29 and 62 for 33 and 45(maybe pick up pick 130) respectively and still hit our marks. Just an idea.

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Except Winfield had the build to play all over the defense. Samuel doesn't. He's an inch taller but 25 lbs. lighter than Winfield. He's 15 lb. lighter than Alexander. Samuel's size limitations probably make him a slot-only and I don't see the elite cover skills that would justify spending a 1st round pick on a part-time player. 

If GB's interest is genuine, its likely with an eye towards the 2nd round or later. Samuel at 29 would be a reach, particularly with several quality every-down CB's likely still be available. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Except Winfield had the build to play all over the defense. Samuel doesn't. He's an inch taller but 25 lbs. lighter than Winfield. He's 15 lb. lighter than Alexander. Samuel's size limitations probably make him a slot-only and I don't see the elite cover skills that would justify spending a 1st round pick on a part-time player. 

If GB's interest is genuine, its likely with an eye towards the 2nd round or later. Samuel at 29 would be a reach, particularly with several quality every-down CB's likely still be available. 

Agree with all of this. The Samuel Jr. thing is starting to look like a smokescreen of interest, way to out in the open for the Packers style of doing draft business.