Jump to content

2021 NFL Draft Thread


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Except Winfield had the build to play all over the defense. Samuel doesn't. He's an inch taller but 25 lbs. lighter than Winfield. He's 15 lb. lighter than Alexander. Samuel's size limitations probably make him a slot-only and I don't see the elite cover skills that would justify spending a 1st round pick on a part-time player. 

If GB's interest is genuine, its likely with an eye towards the 2nd round or later. Samuel at 29 would be a reach, particularly with several quality every-down CB's likely still be available. 

What "several quality every-down CB's" are you talking about? Newsome is likely to be gone by 29. Obviously Surtain and Horn are long gone. Farley more than likely won't be on our board and frankly if he is, his medical must be good enough to where another team will take him well before 29. So who's left? 

Are you rating guys like Campbell, Melifonwu, Stoke, etc. above Samuel? Because if so, I think you're in the minority there. If you include Farley, by most accounts, Samuel is CB5 in the draft after the guys listed above. Don't see him as a reach at 29 at all. He sure as hell won't be there at 62. You could probably get him with a slight trade down like some have suggested, but he's likely gone by mid-30s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Norm said:

Random but does anyone watch Chris Simms rankings?

I watched 3 of them and part of the Safety one. He probably gets a short list of 10 or so at each position from someone in a front office (probably John Lynch) and throws together his top five from that. A lot of self promotion, selling the Simms brand. Still interesting, but I wouldn't take any of his ranking as gospel, still interesting to see another persons take. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

This is the first time I feel like this, but my dream scenario is Bateman in the first round. We do not have WRs in 2022 and we need some leverage to deal with Davante's extension. Then DB in round 2 (even a S to have Savage playing close to the LoS would be great).

Bateman would be so good in GB. The need for OT is there, but Bateman would be hard for me to pass up if he's there at 29. Perfect fit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Bateman would be so good in GB. The need for OT is there, but Bateman would be hard for me to pass up if he's there at 29. Perfect fit. 

Terrance Marshall Jr is another one that would be tough to pass on for me.  That kid is clutch and had some silly numbers at his pro day.

Id still rather take an OT or CB, but those two WR's have me very interested.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot's of unknowns to us on draft day, but I definitely do not want a WR drafted at 29.

What's not to like about Bateman, except for that fact he will likely be over-drafted.  Eskridge and Shi Smith do as much for me, and they are likely to be under-drafted.  I like value.

I also like taking the big guys first and rush and cover guys 2nd if possible.  Give me an OT or DT at 29, I believe there will be value there with the first and slightly possible with the second.  If not, I believe there will be a cover guy there.  We may be in good position to trade back into the early 2nd Round to boot.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Terrance Marshall Jr is another one that would be tough to pass on for me.  That kid is clutch and had some silly numbers at his pro day.

Id still rather take an OT or CB, but those two WR's have me very interested.

I'll be in the minority, but while I like both, I like Marshall, Jr. a wee bit more than Bateman. Just see a higher potential ceiling. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Marshall over Bateman as well. Sucks that we'll probably have to pass on a better than average WR because we have a hole at OT...

Edited by Joe
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Joe said:

I like Marshall over Bateman as well. Sucks that we'll probably have to pass on a better than average WR because we have a hole at OT...

Yes, but they have no starting RT, lost their starting Center, and their LT is coming off a torn ACL. Oline is a huge need. Not as sexy as WR, but it must be addressed. Rodgers won MVP not simply because of Adams, but because of a great OLine.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, R T said:

I watched 3 of them and part of the Safety one. He probably gets a short list of 10 or so at each position from someone in a front office (probably John Lynch) and throws together his top five from that. A lot of self promotion, selling the Simms brand. Still interesting, but I wouldn't take any of his ranking as gospel, still interesting to see another persons take. 

Could be, but I hadn't gotten that impression myself. I guess I'm not cynical enough lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Yes

I like this. I think I watched one last year but I've watched them all now, well on OL. 

Doesn't go straight with the norm but he doesn't feel like he's trying to hot take and feels like he's definitely about to explain why he feels the way he does where other guy's opinions sometimes feel so damn generic

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Yes, but they have no starting RT, lost their starting Center, and their LT is coming off a torn ACL. Oline is a huge need. Not as sexy as WR, but it must be addressed. Rodgers won MVP not simply because of Adams, but because of a great OLine.

that's my entire point....Anderson Cooper Reaction GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...