2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

27 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Does anyone else love Ihmir Smith-Marsette in the 4th? He has returner abilities, can be used in jet/orbit motions and is pretty decent route runner.

The Packers seem to be flirting with adding that type of play this year. The 64K question is, how much draft capital are they willing to spend on such a player. There seems to be a high volume of that type in this draft, is Gutes willing to spend a mid round pick for Ihmir Smith-Marsette? I'm still a big fan of Avery Williams from Boise State for that roll and he should come cheap, but the Packers have not publicly shown any interest in him as of yet.  

On 4/18/2021 at 7:13 AM, deathstar said:

This guys going to be an interesting late round WR.

I watched some of his stuff before.  Meh.  Dude is a physical specimen.  His "highlight" reel that I watched was interesting in that he never ran by anyone.  Very strong hands.  Great at the point of catch.  But he sure didn't separate.  I came away thinking he was a physical WR, which fits our mold.  His speed from testing did not match what I saw on his tape.

Jacob Harris is another one that I watched.  Monsterous size for a WR.  Could be a TE, but he ran a sub 4.4 40 with a 40 inch vertical.  Total project, but he too looks like a great developmental prospect.

22 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Watching him play, he just reminds me of a guy like MLF would love. I can just see him wanting a player like him. Scheming up ways to get him open. A supercharged Ervin 

Moore is going to make Sportscenter for some jaw dropping plays on the field.  I have no doubt about it.

I would hope we are smart enough to stay away from him in the first and second round, due to lack of size and injury concerns.

You can get that kind of jet motion guy all around this draft.  No reason to reach and take one high.  Especially one with that injury history.  But I would like a weapon like him taken at some point.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Watching him play, he just reminds me of a guy like MLF would love. I can just see him wanting a player like him. Scheming up ways to get him open. A supercharged Ervin 

It sure would be interesting to see a more explosive player. They'd have the potential to significantly raise the offensive ceiling.

Moore is talented but uncommonly short. Eskridge brings comparable tools and could be had a bit later.   

GB hasn't spent any draft capital on that type of player since Cobb. Maybe they should have. Those types of players work. This years crop is pretty good. Gute should have real 2nd-3rd interest in some of those guys.

15 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

It sure would be interesting to see a more explosive player. They'd have the potential to significantly raise the offensive ceiling.

Moore is talented but uncommonly short. Eskridge brings comparable tools and could be had a bit later.   

GB hasn't spent any draft capital on that type of player since Cobb. Maybe they should have. Those types of players work. This years crop is pretty good. Gute should have real 2nd-3rd interest in some of those guys.

Isn’t Moore thick though? I’m not into the draft much this year for some reason but Idt Moore is skinny like a D Smith, T Austin, D Jax

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Anyone else feel like they know significantly less about this years draft than previous years?

Not having the combine really set me back (plus first year in a new job but...)

Combine is like a trigger for me. I know you can't just scout just the underwear guys but (1) I'm not a scout I'm a guy who follows this as a hobby and (2) I'm less about the #'s there and more about the drills. Usually is a great catchall to give me a primer and then i can sift from there. 

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Anyone else feel like they know significantly less about this years draft than previous years?

Yeah, I don't think I've ever known less about a draft class since I've been paying attention to football.

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Related to the draft so putting it here:

And no, I don't think it's real but let's have fun with it. Would you be okay dealing Love + 29 plus maybe a 4 to NE for 15? If so, who would be your target at 15...

Pats can keep dreaming.  No way do I make that deal.  They give us #15 and we'll kick them a 4th.  At least then I'd be thinking about it.