2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

And no, I don't think it's real but let's have fun with it. Would you be okay dealing Love + 29 plus maybe a 4 to NE for 15? If so, who would be your target at 15...

Too rich for my blood.   Don't teams usually give up multiple picks for the QB?

I do really like Surtain Jr and Jaycee Horn.  I think they would be awesome across from Jaire.  Perhaps we jump ahead of the Vikings for Darrisaw or Slater? 

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because you carry like 15 OL into camp. Why wouldn't he be here?

Because he’s been here for 2+ years now. Do you really believe they’re keeping a camp body around that long?  Don’t you think they believe he could start at some point? If not, why not sign another guy you think can some day?

That is an interesting trade scenario above.

Looks like we send the Patriots #29 and a 4'th rounder and Love for #15 overall.

So GB would have who behind Rodgers again?

I have to think if GB were going down that road, then Boyle would still be here.  There would have to be a plan for the backup QB.

That and the 4'th round pick are the sticking points for me.  If the club truly is in "win big now/all in" mode, it makes sense.  

(I don't think GB is really in that kind of mode.)  But, it is interesting to speculate.

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I do really like Surtain Jr and Jaycee Horn.  I think they would be awesome across from Jaire.  Perhaps we jump ahead of the Vikings for Darrisaw or Slater? 

Yeah .. it's not a very good deal for the Packers.  They would be selling low on Love.  If you follow draft pick value charts the Packers are giving up abut 1340 pts in pick #29 and Love .. pick #15 is worth 1050.  What we are giving up should get us just into the top 10.  There is one lost year of Love so that cuts the points down aa little bit.  No way we should have to part with any other picks.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think it would be closer to NE's 1st and 2nd for GB's 1st, 4th and Love.

We take Jaycee Horn at #15,  OT at #47 and David Mills QB (Stanford) with our second or third rounder.  I get a feeling that Horn will be the ultimate compliment to Jaire.  Best CB tandem in the league.

3 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I think it would be closer to NE's 1st and 2nd for GB's 1st, 4th and Love.

We take Jaycee Horn at #15,  OT at #47 and David Mills QB (Stanford) with our second or third rounder.  I get a feeling that Horn will be the ultimate compliment to Jaire.  Best CB tandem in the league.

We're not trading Jordan Love.  This is just a fan blog.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We're not trading Jordan Love.  This is just a fan blog.

Whew! Thanks for that one Captain Obvious.  Can't we kinda play around with it, Covid takes most the fun out of life right now, glad the 'fun' police are able to squash the rest.

• Like 2

Just now, Dubz41 said:

Whew! Thanks for that one Captain Obvious.  Can't we kinda play around with it, Covid takes most the fun out of life right now, glad the 'fun' police are able to squash the rest.

Sure.  Let's go down that rabbit hole.  Why would the Packers a YEAR after selecting him trade him to the Patriots to move up?  That puts Jordan Love's value as a mid-2nd round pick excluding that 4th round pick.  Would you trade Jordan Love for a mid-2nd round pick?

• Like 1

I have a safety related question. People keep referring to Savage being moved to the STAR position. What does this position entail, and would Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah or Trevon Moehrig fit this? What about in the rest of the draft?

49 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Sure.  Let's go down that rabbit hole.  Why would the Packers a YEAR after selecting him trade him to the Patriots to move up?  That puts Jordan Love's value as a mid-2nd round pick excluding that 4th round pick.  Would you trade Jordan Love for a mid-2nd round pick?

I mean, right now, is Jordan Love worth anything more than a 2nd round pick if we were actually trying to trade him? Where he was drafted is irrelevant. He's a completely unknown player. Such a trade would be much less about him and more about a full-on commitment to Rodgers. Moreover, if the Packers did intend on extending Rodgers, they'd be smart to trade Love first because once the 31 other teams see Rodgers extend his deal, Love's trade value goes down significantly for GB. 

Obviously the Packers aren't making any such move, this is all for fun, but if you cut out the 4th round pick, and assuming the Packers extended 12, getting a mid-round 1st for Love and late 1st sounds about right. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I have a safety related question. People keep referring to Savage being moved to the STAR position. What does this position entail, and would Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah or Trevon Moehrig fit this? What about in the rest of the draft?

Star is basically the nickel CB position. JOK couldn't play it, but Moehrig/Holland could. Right now, it's probably Sullivan in that role, but if the Packers went with Moehrig/Holland early, they'd have flexibility with either of them being interchangeable with both Sullivan and Savage if we decide to move him around as well. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean, right now, is Jordan Love worth anything more than a 2nd round pick if we were actually trying to trade him? Where he was drafted is irrelevant. He's a completely unknown player. Such a trade would be much less about him and more about a full-on commitment to Rodgers. Moreover, if the Packers did intend on extending Rodgers, they'd be smart to trade Love first because once the 31 other teams see Rodgers extend his deal, Love's trade value goes down significantly for GB. 

Obviously the Packers aren't making any such move, this is all for fun, but if you cut out the 4th round pick, and assuming the Packers extended 12, getting a mid-round 1st for Love and late 1st sounds about right. 

Ask the question "Why did the Packers draft Love" ?  If you spend a first round pick on a QB you want him to be QB of the future pretty much every single time.

Now ask a second question. "Do the Packers know yet what they have in Love" ? I don't think they do. So in that circumstance you wait until you have a good idea of how Love will turn out. THEN you decide what to do with him.

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

From Green Bay's perspective, if you were to take Jordan Love in the first round and spend a year developing him only to turn him around and get SRP in return for him, would that not be considered a loss on your investment?  The reality is the Packers purposely didn't touch Rodgers' contract, which suggests that Love is the Packers future QB.  The only question is when?  Teams rarely move on from their FRP less than a year after taking the player.