2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

That was Joseph Ossai that he bulldozed, btw.

That was Ossai who also blew by him from a wide set for the sack to end the game. 

I just spent the last 2 hours watching everything I could on Teven Jenkins and I know this will get a lot of pushback here with the love fest going on for him, but I'm not sure he is a great fit for the Packers scheme. As a Guard he is probably an All Pro, but as a Tackle lined up against a wide 9 set I think he gets badly exposed. Power scheme teams will have a much higher grade on him than zone scheme teams. He will probably go in the top 24 picks, but I'm shedding no tears if the Packers do not get a shot at him. Just think there are much better scheme fit Tackles available for the Packers. IMO 

I'd guess that OL Landon Dickerson has a rather good chance of being the Packers type pick. He has great power, size, versatility to play all positions along the line and should excel at RT....................BUT (and it's a big but) just too many knee and ankle injuries for me. Such a shame.

6 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I'd guess that OL Landon Dickerson has a rather good chance of being the Packers type pick. He has great power, size, versatility to play all positions along the line and should excel at RT....................BUT (and it's a big but) just too many knee and ankle injuries for me. Such a shame.

Tony Pauline said on his podcast last night that a number of teams have taken Dickerson off their boards for the first 5 rounds. I don't believe he has finished a single season because of injury going back to HS, am I wrong about that? With that kind of injury history I don't know how any team invested much draft capital into picking him.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Reads like a young Bulaga....and while the overall with him was favorable.....would you draft him?

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Thank you. I having trouble accessing the actual google sheets. If I could do that I would be able to filter results. I can't do it from their website.

I have them in a google sheets somewhere.

Copied them a few days ago

On 4/20/2021 at 9:05 AM, CWood21 said:

I feel better about this year's then I did last year's.  That's for sure.

On 4/19/2021 at 7:47 PM, Kepler said:

Yeah, I don't think I've ever known less about a draft class since I've been paying attention to football.

Is it generally considered a deep draft, medium, or poor? That's how bad I have been at following it. 

If you look at positional value why wouldn't draft a QB every year no matter how good your current starter is? No position matters more than QB, so why not create constant competition and not let any QB on the roster feel like he doesn't have to perform at his highest level each year. Did drafting Jordan Love piss Roger's  off enough to motivate him or did it tap into his competitive spirit?

By drafting a QB every year that you think has the potential to be special regardless of round has inherent value and would give you the chance of quality QB play every year or instill the same level of competitiveness that exist at other positions. In this new era of the NFL where having productive players in the first 4 years is paramount why not focus on churning QB's the inarguable most valued position on every team?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, R T said:

That was Ossai who also blew by him from a wide set for the sack to end the game. 

I just spent the last 2 hours watching everything I could on Teven Jenkins and I know this will get a lot of pushback here with the love fest going on for him, but I'm not sure he is a great fit for the Packers scheme. As a Guard he is probably an All Pro, but as a Tackle lined up against a wide 9 set I think he gets badly exposed. Power scheme teams will have a much higher grade on him than zone scheme teams. He will probably go in the top 24 picks, but I'm shedding no tears if the Packers do not get a shot at him. Just think there are much better scheme fit Tackles available for the Packers. IMO 

Eh, his QB was so deep in the pocket, that sack is on the QB, not Jenkins. If that was Rodgers, he'd have just rode him around the edge and Rodgers would've been fine.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Eh, his QB was so deep in the pocket, that sack is on the QB, not Jenkins. If that was Rodgers, he'd have just rode him around the edge and Rodgers would've been fine.

I'll need to re-watch the QB on that play, to focused on the blocking. What is your opinion on best scheme fit for Jenkins?