2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

A Gutey cheat sheet. You can probably add Holland to this list as well if you consider him a CB in Barry's defense. He just turned 21. 

Joseph Ossai from Texas fits all of those matches also. 

7 minutes ago, R T said:

I've been saying that for awhile now, if they stay at 29 anyways. 

Out of the EDGE prospects around 29, I probably like Oweh the best. He's 22. 

I like Ossai though, he'd probably be No. 2 for me. Just turned 21 a few days ago. 

Edited by packfanfb

RT, yes, I do remember very well, and that's why I'm kind of asking.  I think the odds are relatively slim that our first three picks will have covered each of the perceived threesome of OL/DL/CB.  

My question follows your point that "they had no needs".  The board widely perceives DL and OL as acute needs that demand early-draft attention.  I'm questioning whether Gute perceives those as being less needful.  And I kinda suggested some rationales where he may not see either DL as being hugely needful (Keke, Previllon, scheme) or OL as being so needful, or OT in particular (Runyan, Nijman, and could always bump Jenkins to OT.). 

You and I have both noted that TT and Gute are often drafting ahead.  From that view, edge and WR may be much higher priorities than fans sometimes consider?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Out of the EDGE prospects around 29, I probably like Oweh the best. He's 22. 

I'll add that when you add in guys that are 22yo or about to turn 22yo, OL Humphrey, Leatherwood and Cosmi all fit in.  

2 minutes ago, R T said:

I'll add that when you add in guys that are 22yo or about to turn 22yo, OL Humphrey, Leatherwood and Cosmi all fit in.  

I think Leatherwood is definitely in play. Humphrey would be plug-n-play at C, but I just don't see GB going there RD1, maybe RD2. 

5 minutes ago, craig said:

RT, yes, I do remember very well, and that's why I'm kind of asking.  I think the odds are relatively slim that our first three picks will have covered each of the perceived threesome of OL/DL/CB.  

My question follows your point that "they had no needs".  The board widely perceives DL and OL as acute needs that demand early-draft attention.  I'm questioning whether Gute perceives those as being less needful.  And I kinda suggested some rationales where he may not see either DL as being hugely needful (Keke, Previllon, scheme) or OL as being so needful, or OT in particular (Runyan, Nijman, and could always bump Jenkins to OT.). 

You and I have both noted that TT and Gute are often drafting ahead.  From that view, edge and WR may be much higher priorities than fans sometimes consider?  

I think you are correct about Edge and WR.

The Packers have draft picks and will have to add players somewhere and at some point on day 3 of the draft they will look to balance out the roster in how they want in to look going into training camp. 

Last years 90 man roster post draft/pre COVID cuts to 80 looked like this. 

QB-4 , RB-6 , WR-11 , TE/FB-8 , OL-17 , DL-8 , EDGE-8 , LB-8 , DB-17 , ST-3

As of now the current roster stands at 72 and looks like this. 

QB-2 , RB-5 , WR-9 , TE/FB-7 , OL-10 , DL-6 , EDGE-7 , LB-6 , DB-14 , ST-6   

18 spots to fill with draft picks, UDFA's and street veterans. There is a place for the best player on the board at any position, just keep taking the best players and everything else will work out.  

51 minutes ago, Norm said:

You okay? Lol. You seen testy lately

Lol sleep deprived bc of a newborn and toddler. I also am getting less willing to let things slide as I get older. Hoping the ignore feature will help out.

Seriously though thanks for pointing stuff out. Sometimes we don’t notice our patterns unless someone says something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Lol sleep deprived bc of a newborn and toddler. I also am getting less willing to let things slide as I get older. Hoping the ignore feature will help out.

Seriously though thanks for pointing stuff out. Sometimes we don’t notice our patterns unless someone says something.

:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deathstar said:

Definition of gaslighting right here. Toxic and no room for this on the board.

To answer your question 2020 Josh Allen is a great comp for Fields.

BS.  There;s no room for your sensitivity on this board.  Stop seeing everything through a lens.  I wasnt gaslighting anything.   I happen to think they are good comps.   I do agree that Josh Allen is also a good comp.

Not sure what is wrong with being compared to some of the best QB's over the last decade.  If Jemarcus Russell was used as a comparison you woukd have a point.

I like Fields.  He would be QB 2, only after Lawrence IMO.

4 hours ago, hitnhope said:

You are seeing things that you want to see.   All of them are very talented throwers, and have the ability to make plays with their feet.  All 3 made multiple pro bowls.

Who should have been the comps?  Who would have been a better match?

I have to agree with this.  Look at these videos.  Looks pretty similar to me.

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I have to agree with this.  Look at these videos.  Looks pretty similar to me.

Similar throwers for sure. Idk what Fields really runs but Winston's 40 is timed with a sundial and he can trip over a blade of grass. 

Winston is just weird to throw into that list imo

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2