2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Point being atheletic freaks and 'high' character guys will be getting 'over drafted' due to a lack of tape and personal workouts. I think we are all going to get shocked how differently each team values these prospects. In most drafts there is some level of variance to what the draftniks think and the reality. This year I feel it will be wild.  I think we'll get a lot more 'what the heck' picks this year than ever before 

This year’s draft is especially weird with only essentially half a season of tape last year and some guys sitting out and no combine.

The edge group this year is the most fascinating as there are some guys with legit computer numbers (Oweh and Phillips in particular) with limited production.

There are going to be some real bombs and potentially a few real steals in that group.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Josh Palmer: Is the hype real or JAG ?

Guess it depends what you mean by real or JAG. Some people think any player who isn't a Pro Bowler is a JAG. Palmer probably has a chance to be a solid #2 WR for some team in the right spot. I don't know the lens you look through.  Is that real or a JAG? 

7 minutes ago, R T said:

Guess it depends what you mean by real or JAG. Some people think any player who isn't a Pro Bowler is a JAG. Palmer probably has a chance to be a solid #2 WR for some team in the right spot. I don't know the lens you look through.  Is that real or a JAG? 

The hype people say Day 2. Others say low round to undrafted.

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The hype people say Day 2. Others say low round to undrafted.

Talking where he gets drafted, bottom of 3rd to top half of the 5th. The only way he goes undrafted is if there are some real skeletons in his closet. IMO  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The first article I saw said 6 foot, 166.  Do not want.  We ask our WRs to block.  

I understand this is college but blocking comes down to technique, effort, and strength. The dudes no Lazard but he’s not worthless.

8 hours ago, deathstar said:

I understand this is college but blocking comes down to technique, effort, and strength. The dudes no Lazard but he’s not worthless.

I get the point of this film  He's a willing blocker.  But I've seen Lazard line up there often, and he's hunting the inside linebacker, not the corner who is outside of the play.  The unblocked LB shuts down the wide run, forces it inside and makes the tackle.  Lazard would have gotten his body in there and moved the ILB and allowed a good run.

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I get the point of this film  He's a willing blocker.  But I've seen Lazard line up there often, and he's hunting the inside linebacker, not the corner who is outside of the play.  The unblocked LB shuts down the wide run, forces it inside and makes the tackle.  Lazard would have gotten his body in there and moved the ILB and allowed a good run.

Lazard’s only doing that bc the play call dictates that. The play is informed by Lazard’s ability - yes - but Smith is blocking Stokes here bc that’s the play.