2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

Just now, CWood21 said:

You'd rather have Moore than DeVonta Smith?  That's an...interesting take.

I mean I wouldn't have a problem with Smith but this talk of him falling seems silly to me. He's going top 10. Moore is a realistic option. Plus you could argue Moore is a better fit for our offense. Plays a lot stronger than his size. 

Him and ASJr are two of my top 2 "sure to hit" prospects this year in terms of guys outside the top 15 players. I couldn't care less about their size or how they run in shorts. Both can flat out play football. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean I wouldn't have a problem with Smith but this talk of him falling seems silly to me. He's going top 10. Moore is a realistic option. Plus you could argue Moore is a better fit for our offense. Plays a lot stronger than his size. 

Him and ASJr are two of my top 2 "sure to hit" prospects this year in terms of guys outside the top 15 players. I couldn't care less about their size or how they run in shorts. Both can flat out play football. 

I'm not sure Smith is a top-10 lock like you think he is.  I think you've got Miami (at 6) and Detroit (at 7) as the first two teams that would consider him, but if both teams opt to go in other directions how far does he fall?  I think Carolina goes with an OT or a CB.  Denver and Dallas just took Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb last year respectively, so they're probably not going to get take another WR.  The Giants could take him, but they have bigger issues to fill.  Philadelphia could take him, but I'd suspect their going with defense.  I'd anticipate the Chargers are going OL.  Vikings are probably looking to move down, but if they stay there then they're going to target either OL or EDGE.  Then you get into the New England, Miami (again), and Chicago range that would be interested in him.

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of Smith (deep WR class, lower priority position, I like big uglies better), but wouldn't hate it either. It would be mighty entertaining to see:

1) how miffed he'd be at the disrespect

2) Davantand DeVonta as our guys

3) Smith - who already is a good route runner - come in and learn from Adams. 

All in a LaFleur offense...with AR throwing...

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure Smith is a top-10 lock like you think he is.  I think you've got Miami (at 6) and Detroit (at 7) as the first two teams that would consider him, but if both teams opt to go in other directions how far does he fall?  I think Carolina goes with an OT or a CB.  Denver and Dallas just took Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb last year respectively, so they're probably not going to get take another WR.  The Giants could take him, but they have bigger issues to fill.  Philadelphia could take him, but I'd suspect their going with defense.  I'd anticipate the Chargers are going OL.  Vikings are probably looking to move down, but if they stay there then they're going to target either OL or EDGE.  Then you get into the New England, Miami (again), and Chicago range that would be interested in him.

Agree that he is a slide possibility. I think the Eagles are a very logical landing spot though with the lose of Jackson in the off season, but if they pass on him the Dolphins may well get a second chance at him at 18.   

On 4/25/2021 at 7:15 PM, cannondale said:

Josh Palmer: Is the hype real or JAG ?

Depends on what you're expecting out of him.  If you're expecting him to be a potential #1 WR, you're probably going to be disappointed.  He was clearly held back by his QB.  He's got solid size with solid athleticism.  He's not a burner by any means, but he's certainly not a trodder.  He really flashed as the Senior Bowl when he was playing with better QBs.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Depends on what you're expecting out of him.  If you're expecting him to be a potential #1 WR, you're probably going to be disappointed.  He was clearly held back by his QB.  He's got solid size with solid athleticism.  He's not a burner by any means, but he's certainly not a trodder.  He really flashed as the Senior Bowl when he was playing with better QBs.

Just looking for mid round WR's. Have no clue what happens to Lazard, MVS, ESB after this season

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If QBs go top 4, he could fall because that means Detroit gets Pitts or Chase. If ATL takes Pitts, I have a very hard time seeing Detroit not taking Smith. He's a good fit there.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

If QBs go top 4, he could fall because that means Detroit gets Pitts or Chase. If ATL takes Pitts, I have a very hard time seeing Detroit not taking Smith. He's a good fit there.

I think Detroit is a team that's going to trade down.  Whether it be with Denver, New England, or another team.  I think there's a very, very slim chance that one of Jones, Fields, or Lance won't be there at 7.  And that's the first spot that I think teams are willing to move down significantly.  Don't think Miami is interested in moving down more than a few spots.  Cincinnati seems poised to take Chase.

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Just looking for mid round WR's. Have no clue what happens to Lazard, MVS, ESB after this season

IF you're looking at Day 2 WRs, I'd anticipate that Nico Collins, Dynami Brown, and Terrance Marshall would all be of interest to Green Bay.  Given the Packers are usually pretty conservative with medical concerns, it wouldn't surprise me if Marshall was removed from the board if those injury concerns are legitimate.  I believe Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, and Kadarious Toney fit via RAS, but I think they're all a bit smaller/shorter then LaFleur likes.  Or at least he's used thus far.

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean, we're going to see Lawrence, Wilson, and Jones/Lance in the top 3.  I think Atlanta goes either Pitts, Lance, or trades down.  I just don't think the trade market is going to be there when San Francisco dealt what they did to move to 4.  I'd say Pitts (85%), Lance (10%), and trade-down (5%).  Cincinnati is almost assuredly going with JaMarr Chase despite the fact that they should go OL.  Miami is going to get a receiver or TE at 6 unless they trade down.  I think they could swap spots with Denver if they wanted to get some more value.  Don't see Detroit taking Pitts after taking Hockenson a few years ago.  Smith maybe, but I think they'd go OL before they'd take WR.