What’s the shelf life of our current stadium?

hornbybrown

Title says it all.

I’m curious as to how long it’s thought it will be a NFL standard stadium and what’s the plan after it goes past it’s shelf life.

Jimmy can’t afford to pay for a new stadium himself with a net worth of 2.8 billion. So will the city front up and build a new stadium or at least contribute a large part of it?

I remember hearing something about it like 2 years ago that we had 10 years left on it. And that jimmy was interested in adding a retractible roof so he could hold year long events in it. I have no idea where I heard this though. Maybe an interview on the radio. But the city would absolutely have to pay for it. That’s just how it goes in stadium building. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I remember hearing something about it like 2 years ago that we had 10 years left on it. And that jimmy was interested in adding a retractible roof so he could hold year long events in it. I have no idea where I heard this though. Maybe an interview on the radio. But the city would absolutely have to pay for it. That’s just how it goes in stadium building. 

Any renovations/updates on the taxpayers dime HAVE to include a dome imo.  Why the stadium was built without one in the first place is beyond me.

It’s not more enjoyable to sit outside on a 30 something degree day with wind whipping in off the lake.  It’s just not.  

Even more importantly though is it does allow for the possibility of year round use by the city for revenue.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why the stadium was built without one in the first place is beyond me.

Because the stadium was rushed to be built. So it was ready for the 1999 season. It was a very bare bones stadium when it was built. Thought I read articles that Said the stadium would not have been finished in time if it had a roof. The cost of the stadium in today’s term would be less than $500m

38 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Because the stadium was rushed to be built. So it was ready for the 1999 season. It was a very bare bones stadium when it was built. Thought I read articles that Said the stadium would not have been finished in time if it had a roof. The cost of the stadium in today’s term would be less than $500m

Didn’t they build it with the possibility of a roof being added on in the future? I think I remember something about that. But IIRC jimmy had people in the stadium when he bought the team checking out that possibility. 

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Didn’t they build it with the possibility of a roof being added on in the future? I think I remember something about that. But IIRC jimmy had people in the stadium when he bought the team checking out that possibility. 

I don’t remember if was built with that in mind but I believe jimmy did have people come in inspect it to see if a roof could be added to it  and see if it be feasible. I would just want a new stadium

17 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

What happens in 2029 if there is no renovations or new stadium? Will the stadium be able to be used past that date if both parties agree but also what state will it be in by then?

I doubt they get to 2029 with nothing in place. I thought they said they wanted to have things figured out by 2025 if they want to build a new stadium or do a bunch of upgrades