Is the offensive line really that much of a concern?

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It was interesting to see Peters sign with Phila and be told he’d be playing guard, aka replacing Brandon Brooks. That could all change though, they may end up needing him at LT.

I’m still concerned about LT but, I do believe in giving young prospects true chances to start as well. I can’t imagine that Christian, Charles and Lucas will all 3 be unplayable at LT, but that could be a wrong thought as well.

It will be interesting to watch. I’m hopeful that one of these guys will show enough to at least be considered a long-term solution at RT. 

Assuming they’ll be bad again (or that the season is canceled in part or in full by COVID issues), I think there’s a solid chance they’ll be in position to land Sewell in next year’s draft. It would be pretty close to a dream scenario if Charles could show enough to be a quality RT and then we brought in Sewell to be a likely perennial Pro Bowler on the blind side. Not that the Redskins have ever really been *good* since Snyder arrived, but most of their best seasons have come when they had a duo of bookend tackles to help the run and pass games get off the ground (Samuels/Jansen and Williams/Moses). I think it would be an excellent start to rebuilding a mostly trash offense if they had two 21-year-olds holding both ends of the line by next season. Same would be true of Christian instead of Charles, he’s not too much older himself.

EDIT: I guess the *actual* dream scenario would be both Christian and Charles (or Lucas, though he’s a good deal older and probably not a very long-term answer) emerging as good starters at OT, allowing us to go with Jamarr Chase in the draft. But that feels like more of a pipe dream scenario, so I’ll stick with hoping for one to emerge as a legit ballplayer. 

• Like 2