Do you actually like your O-Line, Offensive and/or Defensive Coordinators?

EvilenFroggen

I like my DC in Wink and I'm not the hugest of fans with Greg Roman. I think he's part of the problem I've seen arise in two playoff games. I believe this year will show if what I think is true about him. The players seem to love him, so that's good.

I feel like this is a weird problem with today's NFL.  The offensive/defensive coordinators arguably have as much influence in winning/losing as the HC, but that kinda paradoxically makes it almost impossible to hang onto great Coordinators, because they're constantly being poached for Head Coach gigs if they're any good at what they do.

I feel like for the Jaguars...i'm kinda unsure about the OC or DC.  I like Gruden as an offensive coordinator, but i haven't seen how it's actually going to work out, so i'm skeptical.  I've been pretty neutral on Wash as DC, but there are a lot of things coming out of the Jaguars press machine insinuating they may be moving toward a true mixed front defense, which intrigues me a lot.

But Gruden is a failed HC, returning to what he's good at as a OC.  And Wash is a guy who was rather inappropriately getting talk as a potential HC candidate back when the Jaguars defense was good.

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1

I'm higher on Josh McDaniels than most of my fellow Patties. Willing to accept he throws in some frustrating calls though - like being ultras conservative on 3rd and longs. I get it that the odds of conversion are small and the odds of a turnover increase, but throw the f ball. But yeah I think he's very clever, Bill clearly wants him around, he's developed some QBs in the recent past....

DC is effectively Bill.

• Like 1

This is probably the first time in a decade+ where most Ravens fans seem to be happy with both coordinator positions.

For a while, we hated Cam Cameron OC

Then we hated Greg Mattison DC

Then we hated Marc Trestman OC

Then we hated Dean Pees DC

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Interior O-line is as sketch as any in the league.

As long as Ben Powers and/or Mekari aren't Gino Gradkowski 2.0 we should be fine. Bozeman and Fluker are both solid enough - no matter what we're looking at a downgrade without Yanda but relative to the rest of the league it seems more likely the interior line is just average as opposed to being actively terrible. 

18 hours ago, Chuck80 said:

I'm very happy with Keith Butler been for a while he's actually using the players strengths and his own 3-4 scheme where he's sending the defensive ends to blitz as well Tuitt was on Pace to break the sack record

I like that Randy Fichtner is using slants more in the offense and he's going away from Arians' scheme and towards s hybrid west coast zone blocking scheme

I'll always be happy with Mike Tomlin , he's adjusted many times to help the team

I don’t love Fitchner, but I think with our new QB coach, Matt Canada, he’ll improve. I felt that Butler was in over his head as DC until we brought in Austin(and the other guy who’s name is slipping my mind) to help him out. I think Canada will help Fitchner in the same way.

As for the OP. I like our DC, pretty meh on the OC, and I think the O-line coach is solid. I think the line got a lot of flack last year and rightfully so. We gave up double the pressures that we did the year before. I think Ben coming back helps. The O-line coach has a lot of young dudes with potential. Maybe he can mold them. He needs to show he can if he ever wants to step out from Munchak’s shadow.

• Like 1