Your team: Overrated, underrated, best, etc.

SmittyBacall

Overrated: Entire OL. Now, I still think they are a good unit, but they shouldn't sniff the conversation for best in the league. I believe they get a TON of help from Lamar & the scheme.

Underrated: Brandon Williams.

Best: Lamar Jackson.

Worst: Whoever is our second ILB or second best G/C.

New key: Calais Campbell.

Could surprise: JK Dobbins. I think he'll play a LOT more than people think.

Breakout/Leap: Miles Boykin (hopefully).

Prove it year: Tavon Young. He's gotta show he can stay healthy and play at the same level. Also, Bowser.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 1

Overrated: Jerome Baker (maybe not, but I had to pick someone)

Underrated: CB Nick Needham

Best: WR Devante Parker (right now)

Worst: Michael Deiter (if he starts)

New key: Byron Jones (too many to choose from with lots of good FA signings)

Could surprise: Raekwon Davis (could nab a starting spot as a rookie)

Prove it year: RB Matt Breida

Overrated: Matt Judon. Good player who wants to be paid like a great player. 

Underrated: Chuck Clark. Versatile and extremely intelligent. Really helped stabilize this defense when he came into the lineup last year. 

Best: Lamar Jackson. MVP at 22 years old. Basically makes everything go on offense. 

Worst: Jaylon Ferguson. Gonna be a lot of rotation at the EDGE spots so he's not exactly a nailed down starter but he will likely play a decent amount of snaps. He was pretty average as a rookie so definitely need to see him develop/step it up. 

New key: Calais Campbell. The strength of the pass rush comes from the revamped defensive line - if guys like Campbell and Derek Wolfe can stay healthy and produce, they'll both create pressure and keep blockers off of an unremarkable EDGE group and allow those guys to produce as well. 

Could surprise: Ben Powers. Or whoever ends up as the 3rd interior linemen alongside Bozeman and Fluker. They're not going to make us forget about Marshal Yanda but both Powers and Mekari flashed some potential last year and figure to be a lot more physically developed going into Year 2. We've done a pretty good job developing offensive linemen as of late so it wouldn't surprise me at all if one of those 2 stepped up as quality starters. 

Breakout/Leap: Marquise 'Hollywood' Brown. Looked great last year despite playing with screws in his foot and by his own admission playing a little timid because he just wanted to avoid getting hurt. Should be fully healthy this time around and could blow up. Him and Lamar have a tremendous connection. 

Prove it year: Miles Boykin. We didn't bring in any other X/perimeter receivers this offseason, so it's up to Boykin now to really step up and give Lamar a crucial 3rd weapon in the passing game beyond Hollywood and Andrews. 

• Like 3

Saints

Overrated: Alvin Kamara (we'll see what happens this year, but 2019 was a complete mess. I would have considered Kamara the best player on the Saints before the 2019 season.)

Underrated: Cam Jordan (he gets quite a bit of credit, but he truly is one of the best players in the NFL and is NEVER considered as such)

Best: Michael Thomas (you just can't guard the guy. You'll try...but you'll fail. You can set your watch to his consistency and excellence)

Worst: Andrus Peat (multiple pro bowls...highly inconsistent and injury prone)

New key: Emmanuel Sanders (the guy does nothing but produce, and now has an elite QB again after a slew of bad ones after Manning. His signing was one of the best of the offseason for any team.)

Could surprise: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (played well last year but had a few lapses that could be improved upon. I could easily see him being of the best defensive backs in the NFL in short order).

Breakout/Leap: Marcus Williams (I can see it going either two different ways...either Williams flops and flops hard, or he becomes one of the leaders in league INTs and is a pro bowler. He has the talent and is surrounded by a superb defense. He could be a huge beneficiary.)

Prove it year: Marcus Davenport (inconsistent play, injuries, question about offseason work ethic...lots to prove this year. He reminds me a ton of Akiem Hicks. Hopefully he figures it out while he is still on the Saints, because his ceiling continues to be insane.)

Overrated: I really don't know where to start. Brandin Cooks would've been my choice last season, but he's since moved on. I really don't know.  

Underrated: Jared Goff. The guy is chastised as one of the very worst QBs in the league by the majority. Over the past three seasons: the Rams have been 4th in points scored, 3rd in offensive yards gained and 4th in passing yards. He's been to two pro-bowls in the past three years. He's now seen as the main reason the Rams may well finish bottom of the division? I'd make a case for him being the most underrated player in the league. 

Best: Aaron Donald. I mean, it's not even close. 

Worst: Brian Allen. The injury to him last season was a blessing in disguise. Austin Blythe came in and played centre (out of position) and did a good job. 

New key: A'Shawn Robinson. An established top tier run defender and we play in a division where teams like to run - Seahawks, Niners were top 5 for rushing last season and Cardinals were in the top 10.

Could surprise: Josh Reynolds. I'm certain he won't surprise many Rams fans because he's been a high value performer in cameos for a while, but he's tipped to become a starter hence more snaps and more opportunities to make plays. I like him a lot. If he's a free agent in your Fantasy League, I'd definitely pick him up. 

Breakout/Leap: Cam Akers. I am excited to see what Akers can do with the Rams, I'm sure that the run game will be much more in sync this season and both Henderson/Akers could post good numbers. 

Prove it year: Tyler Higbee. He's our established TE1 and flashed elite level production towards the back end of last season - 552 yards in the last 5 games of the season. All that being said, 'the prove it' year is to prove he can keep up that same level of consistency over the season and put himself in the company of Kelce, Kittle, etc. 

• Like 3

For the Titans:

Overrated: One a small market team, this one is tough.  Maybe the closest is Derrick Henry for 2020 at least.

Underrated: Jayon Brown; he's one of the best coverage LBs in the league, but people don't know him.

Best: Kevin Byard.

Worst: Among projected starters?  Right now it's Nate Davis, but he's coming off of a rookie season.

New key: So far, Vick Beasley.  My Falcons fan buddy was always complaining about him being utilized incorrectly, and he projects to start on the edge.

Could surprise: Jonnu Smith.  First full season where he's the projected starter.  Should be a big year for him.

Breakout/Leap: Jeffery Simmons.  He was a beast in limited playing time last year, and the FO was confident enough in him to trade away Jurrell Casey.

Prove it year: Tannehill.  For obvious reasons.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Overrated: Jerry Hughes 

Underrated: Micah Hyde

Best: Tre White

Worst: Star Lotulelei 

New key: Stefon Diggs

Could surprise: Dawson Knox

Breakout/Leap: Josh Allen 

Prove it year: Dion Dawkins 

I think I would put Josh in the prove it year category, and the breakout as Ed Oliver. 

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

30% of 4.3 is 1.29 seconds. You’re telling me his playing speed was 5.59?

Math checks out. Be very scared this year.

But in all seriousness, that number comes from an article that was published last week with a really long interview with Hollywood - he said he felt about 70% of himself last year because he couldn't hit the top gear he could usually hit throughout his career at OU, and how hesitant he was to make certain cuts/moves throughout the year. Said he expects to play much faster/quicker this year.

• Like 1

Overrated: I don't think any Patriot player can be overrated right now, but if he were still here; KVN. Quite limited and looks as good as he did mostly due to schemes and coaching. Wouldn't be surprised if he looks anonymous in a D that isn't smart with him. Possibly Edelman as he has the dropsies, but he's not considered a top WR is he?

Underrated: David Andrews. He's vitally important and a top center. John Simon would be another underrated player.

Best: Stephon Gillmore. Shut down corner

Worst: Ryan Izzo. Despite being an untalented roster, hard to actually think of outright bad players. Izzo isn't awful, just doesn't do much...

New key: Jarrett Stidham. Good luck.

Could surprise: Jarrett Stidham. ESPN: "we DO expect the NE Pats to select a QB here soon folks, stick with us". How about, accept that BB clearly sees something

Breakout/LeapN'Keal Harry. You have to. 1st round pick, 2nd year, not working to TB's clock now - it's time to show us

Prove it year: Could go Harry again, but Sony Michel. Also a first rounder, showed a decent rookie year, not so good last year - HAS to step up. HAS to become more rounded.

Edited by Hunter2_1

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Could surprise:

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Saw this on Twitter. Who are the following starting players on your favourite team?

Overrated: Poyer. He's a pretty good safety, but I think he gets overrated a bit. Hyde is the bread and butter of that duo.

Underrated: Dawkins. A good tackle who flies under the radar due to the line being mediocre last year.

Best:Tre White. All pro. Top-5 corner in the game. 

Worst: Lee Smith. He's trash. If we're talking starters then probably Ford if he's playing RT. He's young, so he gets some leeway. 

New key: Steffon Diggs, duh!

Could surprise: There are a few options here- Vernon Butler, Trey Adams, Cody Ford, etc...but I'll go with Daryl Williams. He's proven he can be a good tackle. Injuries derailed his career a bit. RT is wide open, so he could win a spot out of camp.

Breakout/Leap: Singletary. Moss will be 1B. McD likes to ease rookies into playing time, so Singletary will be the feature back. 

Prove it year: Josh Allen needs to take another step forward and become a fringe top-10 QB. 

Edited by WizeGuy

38 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I think I would put Josh in the prove it year category, and the breakout as Ed Oliver. 

Agreed about Ed.

My thought with Josh is baring something drastic, he’ll get a 4th season to prove himself, even though it likely comes with stiffer competition. Similar to Trubisky and Bortles seeing all of their rookie contract. 

1 hour ago, DerbyRam said:

Overrated: I really don't know where to start. Brandin Cooks would've been my choice last season, but he's since moved on. I really don't know.  

Underrated: Jared Goff. The guy is chastised as one of the very worst QBs in the league by the majority. Over the past three seasons: the Rams have been 4th in points scored, 3rd in offensive yards gained and 4th in passing yards. He's been to two pro-bowls in the past three years. He's now seen as the main reason the Rams may well finish bottom of the division? I'd make a case for him being the most underrated player in the league. 

Best: Aaron Donald. I mean, it's not even close. 

Worst: Brian Allen. The injury to him last season was a blessing in disguise. Austin Blythe came in and played centre (out of position) and did a good job. 

New key: A'Shawn Robinson. An established top tier run defender and we play in a division where teams like to run - Seahawks, Niners were top 5 for rushing last season and Cardinals were in the top 10.

Could surprise: Josh Reynolds. I'm certain he won't surprise many Rams fans because he's been a high value performer in cameos for a while, but he's tipped to become a starter hence more snaps and more opportunities to make plays. I like him a lot. If he's a free agent in your Fantasy League, I'd definitely pick him up. 

Breakout/Leap: Cam Akers. I am excited to see what Akers can do with the Rams, I'm sure that the run game will be much more in sync this season and both Henderson/Akers could post good numbers. 

Prove it year: Tyler Higbee. He's our established TE1 and flashed elite level production towards the back end of last season - 552 yards in the last 5 games of the season. All that being said, 'the prove it' year is to prove he can keep up that same level of consistency over the season and put himself in the company of Kelce, Kittle, etc. 

I agree with all of these. For overrated, I'd probably put Brockers. I like him, but he gets to play on the same line as Aaron Donald and really should make more of an impact. Floyd could also be the choice based strictly off of his contract alone. 

Overrated: LT Duane Brown

He is the best offensive linemen Seattle has but name recognition + age and declining skillset is going to be why I put him here. Bobby Wagner is someone else that COULD fit. But I am of the believe the scheme last year put him is a awful situation to maintain high level of play. He is getting older, so its something to consider. 

Underrated: S Bradley McDougald

Stabilizing force in on the backend, can play both safety positions. Just always around the play, making plays. 

Best: QB Russell Wilson

No explanation needed.

Worst: RT Brandon Shell

Penciled in at right tackle. Tackle is by far the teams thinnest position, so highly unlikely anyone is going to push him. He sounds like Ifedi minus the penalties. Kinda meh.

New key: DE Darrell Taylor

Seattle finally has a prototypical LEO. Something most people wont understand, but Clowney was playing completely out of position last year. When the Ansah failed before it ever began, Clowney kicked over to LEO, a position he wasn't really brought in the play. On top of Seattle not having a single LEO on their roster in 2019. The Clowney - Ford - Woods - Jefferson line was severely lacking proper edge rushing. Drafting Taylor and signing Benson Mayowa, Seattle finally has the position filled. Its a big ask to expect high level of play from a rookie, but he should compete and contribute in 2020.

Could surprise: DE LJ Collier

I know the rest of the world has given up on him, but I still wont. For Pete Carroll camp + PS is incredibly important in building trust. LJ missed the entire off-season, and pre-season. Dude never had a chance to succeed. I consider year 1 to be a redshirt. And (unless he really is a complete dud) he should have a significant roll in 2020. The same thing happened with 2018 3rd round pick Rasheem Green. He is probably going to see a TON of reps inside at the 3T allowing for immediate impact on passing downs. 

Breakout/Leap: DE Rasheem Green

Only got 10 games and 20% of snaps his rookie year. Essentially red shirted. By the end of 2020, he was arguably Seattle 3rd best defensive line man. His play at the 5 tech allowed Jefferson to kick inside. Really came on as a stout edge setter, and flashed a bit of pass rush with 4 sacks. That was essentially his rookie year, and will still only be 23 in 2020.

Prove it year: RB Chris Carson

5th in the NFL in rushing back to back years. Has been the best RB Seattle has had since Marshawn "retired". But he has missed games due to injury in all three years thus far. I think his lack of an extension is telling. Maybe Seattle wants to see a full season from Chris before committing to him beyond 2020.