The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

@TitanSlim did you ever figure out your issues with embedding tweets? I've noticed that it happens to me when I just copy the tweet from the url bar. I'll paste in the url and it will say you have pasted content with formatting. If you hit remove formatting, it should take care of it. Or you can click on the down arrow on the top right corner of a tweet and hit copy URL and that should automatically embed.

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

@TitanSlim did you ever figure out your issues with embedding tweets? I've noticed that it happens to me when I just copy the tweet from the url bar. I'll paste in the url and it will say you have pasted content with formatting. If you hit remove formatting, it should take care of it. Or you can click on the down arrow on the top right corner of a tweet and hit copy URL and that should automatically embed.

Honestly, I've just given up. I'm not even seeing the remove formatting when I paste the URL. @Farsendor1 mentioned the down arrow on the tweet method, but that hasn't embled it for me. I'm mostly on mobile(on here and twitter) so idk if that plays a part or what. 

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Honestly, I've just given up. I'm not even seeing the remove formatting when I paste the URL. @Farsendor1 mentioned the down arrow on the tweet method, but that hasn't embled it for me. I'm mostly on mobile(on here and twitter) so idk if that plays a part or what. 

From keeping up with the feedback topic, embedding on mobile doesn't seem to work.

I just saw Billy Volek's name mentioned in NFL Gen on the old FF. Seriously, how did he never get an actual shot to be a starting quarterback? I know he got all grumpy after we drafted VY the year McNair left, but I'm stunned nobody ever took a shot on him. The one year he got a legitimate chance to start (eight games in 04) he averaged 287.5 yards per start, with 18 TDs, 10 INTs, completed about 62% of his passes with a pretty decent YPA. 

There have been some truly terrible quarterbacks that have gotten real opportunities in the last decade. I just picked a random year where he sat on the bench (2006), Charlie Frye started 13 games, throwing for 10 touchdowns, 17 interceptions with a 6.2 YPA.

34-year-old Damon Huard got 11 starts in 2007. And nobody even gave Billy a look as he sat on the bench in San Diego.

11 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I'm using desktop browser. I have no ideal how mobile works my eyesight is to poor to use my mobile browser. I know there is work a rounds but my preference is my desktop. I wish I wouldn't have spent the extra money on my smart phone a few years ago I would have been happy keeping a flip phone lol.

The only time   I got excited was finding out CBS had an app for mobile thinking I could watch CBS and football on my phone but nope CBS blocks NFL games on mobile. 

Edited by Farsendor1

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

You know, I always thought PK was really brash before. I guess I never even considered that he was filtering himself because he was at The Tennessean/ESPN. This could be a fun year.

I used to hate him but started listening to the midday 180 pretty much every day and I love him. Getting let go from ESPN will be a blessing for him.

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I used to hate him but started listening to the midday 180 pretty much every day and I love him. Getting let go from ESPN will be a blessing for him.

I've always liked him simply because his personality is so much different than virtually anyone else in the Nashville media. It'd be nice if he could occasionally break a story, but he's interesting and a quality writer. Which can't really be said about anyone else that covers the team (and isn't employed by them).