The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:35 AM, tntitans4life17 said:

Glad everyone from Titania that's playing the NFL General Survival pool made it through 2 weeks! Hopefully one of us can win this thing. I took a risky pick for this week and am taking the Browns...very likely going to regret it, but surely even the Browns can beat this Colts team without Luck, right?

Anddddd there is that feeling of regret! best of luck over there the rest of the year  those of you who survived!

So in my "big" money non-keeper fantasy league, I "lucked" out and drew the first overall pick.  I decided to go with the safe pick and took David Johnson over Bell.  Needless to say I'm hurting, off to an 0-3 start ... and see myself quickly being eliminated (only 4 team playoff).  

I received a trade offer today... Antonio Brown and Chris Thompson (ppr league) for Gurley and Garcon.  Guy doesn't have much in the way of RBs, but I did counter with AB and Lamar Miller for Gurley and Garcon.  He accepted it in 2 seconds.

So obviously now I'm doubting myself... maybe I shoulda traded M Bryant instead of Garcon... why do I want both Steelers WRs?  Is AB hurt?

My thought was that I'm selling Gurley high... getting a top 3 overall pick to compensate for losing Johnson.  If I can right the ship, get back to .500 by Thanksgiving... a Brown/Johnson/Gronk trio would make  me very dangerous to close the year, and into the playoffs if I make it.

What do you guys think of the move?  Did I sell too quickly?  I'm now left with:

• QB - Wilson, Rivers
  • RB - Crowell, Miller, Mixon, Kelley, Cohen, Riddick, CJ.5K, Johnson (IR)
  • WR - Brown, Jeffery, Bryant, Marshall
  • TE - Gronk

21 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

So in my "big" money non-keeper fantasy league, I "lucked" out and drew the first overall pick.  I decided to go with the safe pick and took David Johnson over Bell.  Needless to say I'm hurting, off to an 0-3 start ... and see myself quickly being eliminated (only 4 team playoff).  

I received a trade offer today... Antonio Brown and Chris Thompson (ppr league) for Gurley and Garcon.  Guy doesn't have much in the way of RBs, but I did counter with AB and Lamar Miller for Gurley and Garcon.  He accepted it in 2 seconds.

So obviously now I'm doubting myself... maybe I shoulda traded M Bryant instead of Garcon... why do I want both Steelers WRs?  Is AB hurt?

My thought was that I'm selling Gurley high... getting a top 3 overall pick to compensate for losing Johnson.  If I can right the ship, get back to .500 by Thanksgiving... a Brown/Johnson/Gronk trio would make  me very dangerous to close the year, and into the playoffs if I make it.

What do you guys think of the move?  Did I sell too quickly?  I'm now left with:

• QB - Wilson, Rivers
  • RB - Crowell, Miller, Mixon, Kelley, Cohen, Riddick, CJ.5K, Johnson (IR)
  • WR - Brown, Jeffery, Bryant, Marshall
  • TE - Gronk

It's a trade you had to make. Gurley could be great, but I'm not ready to buy into the Rams offense after playing two bad defenses and one average one. AB is, at worst, a top-two fantasy receiver virtually every week and Miller gets the touches to be a consistent RB2.

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It's a trade you had to make. Gurley could be great, but I'm not ready to buy into the Rams offense after playing two bad defenses and one average one. AB is, at worst, a top-two fantasy receiver virtually every week and Miller gets the touches to be a consistent RB2.

I'm talking to another of the owners... kicking some ideas around.  Most of it centered around swapping TEs... Gronk for Delanie...  I could parlay that into swapping Anderson for Cohen and maybe Cooper for Jeffery... he still has Ajayi, Hunt, Julio and Landry... so i think getting Gronk to round out his starters might be appealing to him.  Who wins that trade?  Gronk, Cohen, and Jeffery for Cooper, Anderson, and Delanie?

33 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I'm talking to another of the owners... kicking some ideas around.  Most of it centered around swapping TEs... Gronk for Delanie...  I could parlay that into swapping Anderson for Cohen and maybe Cooper for Jeffery... he still has Ajayi, Hunt, Julio and Landry... so i think getting Gronk to round out his starters might be appealing to him.  Who wins that trade?  Gronk, Cohen, and Jeffery for Cooper, Anderson, and Delanie?

That's actually tough. I lean towards Cooper, Anderson and Delanie, as I think it's the far safer trio. A lot of it comes down to how you feel about Cohen. Given that it's non-PPR I'd probably pull the trigger, but that one is far closer to 50/50 than the last one.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

You made the only decision you could to try and salvage your season. Keeping Bryant isn't the worst thing in the world, either. If he has a good week or two, you could try and flip him for something else.

In terms of the trade with the TEs, I think that you would win that trade. Cooper has had some struggles early but is still going to see the targets and should finish ahead of Alshon. Anderson will be a better bet than Cohen, especially in non-PPR. Delanie and Gronk is pretty much a wash IMO. Not sure if Gronk will last an entire season and Delanie is going to continue to be a great option.  

• Like 1

I ended up pulling the trigger on both trades. Anyone who's  played inr our FF FFL league knows I'm not an active trader. But I had to do something. 

Ir is a PPR, but I really like my team now... Wilson and Rivers at QB... Anderson, Miller, Nixon, Kelley, Riddick at RB... AB, Cooper, M Bryant, Marshall at WR... Delanie at TE... 

If I can get within reach by the time David Johnson returns, I like my chances with that DJ/AB 1-2 punch...