The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

5 hours ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Trying to get tv ratings up I suppose?

I would guess it's more based around page views. It's why for years PK would have to link the last part of his tweets to the ESPN site so they could get the hit. But now everything needs to be completely vetted before they can even do that. Which yes, you can make an argument is a good thing in the sense that it helps ensure accuracy, but with guys like Woj and Schefter, who are almost always on point, you're now just going to get scooped by other national writers. It's the old cut off your nose to spite your face move. Which, as someone that's been around sports media for almost a decade at this point, is a pretty common theme across the entire industry.

15 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I need to stop thinking the Jets are terrible. I just can't wrap my head around it. Felt good heading into tonight with McCoy and the Bills defense with my money league team. Combined for 2.5 points.

They are easily the biggest surprise in all of football this year. I had Anderson and ASJ last night, was pleased with the Anderson TD. That's a league where I have Watson, well had. I picked up McCown just in case I couldn't work out a trade but wound trading for Stafford and decided to bench McCown. Lets just say watching him get almost 10 points in the first quarter I was a little upset lol. But he didn't need to do much more so I am hoping Stafford has a big game against GB. Friend I am playing against this week had Taylor and McCoy and that garbage time crap Taylor was able to pull off gave him an extra 15 points almost.

@titans0021, would it be appropriate for us to start a general fantasy football talk thread on the forum rather than having it scattered through this thread and the keeper league thread? Just for general advice and talk amongst us Titans fans?

On 11/3/2017 at 2:49 PM, tntitans4life17 said:

@titans0021, would it be appropriate for us to start a general fantasy football talk thread on the forum rather than having it scattered through this thread and the keeper league thread? Just for general advice and talk amongst us Titans fans?

Can't believe I forgot to respond to this. Yeah, that'd be fine.

3 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Hey serious question I am going to my first ever college game tomorrow NC State vs BC. I know N.C. State has a good DE but who else should I be looking out for in regards to the draft?

Both Boston College and N.C. State have 1st round pass-rushers. Harold Landry for BC and Bradley Chubb for NC State. I like what I’ve seen from NC States QB Ryan State. NC State is a top 20 team and should win but we’ll see. 

Fun Fact: I coached against BC’s backup QB in high school.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Both Boston College and N.C. State have 1st round pass-rushers. Harold Landry for BC and Bradley Chubb for NC State. I like what I’ve seen from NC States QB Ryan State. NC State is a top 20 team and should win but we’ll see. 

That’s a cool little nugget if he ever goes further that will be a cool thing to say you have coached vs a guy before he made it to the NFL

6 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

That’s a cool little nugget if he ever goes further that will be a cool thing to say you have coached vs a guy before he made it to the NFL

I don’t think he’ll make the NFL(he’s a senior). There’s been a few players in the NFL that I played/coached against. That QB was actually teammates in high school with last years 3rd round pick WR Chris Godwin. I played against Devon Still and Paul Worrilow(Lions LB) when he was in high school. Not a lot of Delaware kids but for a small state, we do pretty well. 

19 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Man that kid Chubb was a force today he was in on atleast 3 sacks and they lined him up all over the D-Line. Hopefully things work out for him and we’ll see where he goes in April