The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

If Hard Knocks is any evidence, Browns are in for another brutal season.

Nobody seemed to like Mayfield much. Haley and Hue are going to butt heads big time, especially once things start to go south (calling now Haley is fired in-season). Landry spent all offseason trying to perfect his tagline. Dorsey so juiced for the one handed catch he doesn't realize his likely starting QB threw that ball 3 feet behind Landry. In general a lot of these guys seem more concerned with how they are perceived onscreen than I remember in previous HK seasons. I think the distraction element if a show like this is generally overrated but these guys are maybe going to prove that one true. 

Also, please God someone get that Nassib dummy to shut the hell up on personal finance. In no way are you making 10% annually with that $100k sitting in a bank. Would be lucky to get that with excellent stock picks, and for that kind of return it's worth ponying up the management fee to a reliable professional. 

3 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Anyone else’s Madden 19 have a glitch? I want Taywan Taylor as my 3rd WR and every time I play a game they keep putting Sharpe. I have to change it threw the Playbook each time I’m about to pick a play it’s very annoying 

I believe there is now a separate depth chart position for slot receiver.

37 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

You were right I never even noticed it but thank you for the help

No problem. It's one of the bigger changes that they were advertising. Can now make situation changes happen automatically, without having to do everything from the play screen. Also affects their overall based on how their skillset fits the role. Which isn't a huge deal for me, but not a bad idea.

As a 27 year old man, today was one of the most entertaining days of golf I've ever watched. I'm just at that perfect age to be fully in on the Tiger effect. Plus, as a fan of team sports, the atmosphere and crowds at tournaments where Tiger is in contention adds so much more to what can be a boring sport.

Anyone who has Madden can you tell me the deal with the speed button? I press R2 for PS4 and don’t feel like the players are running fast at all. I checked the settings it says the speed button is R2 but I click the joystick button similar to the speed button in Call Of Duty and that seems to help a little bit but if it is R2 then Henry is really really slow and Dion Lewis isn’t nearly as fast as he’s suppose to be but I have a feeling it’s something I’m doing wrong 

20 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Anyone who has Madden can you tell me the deal with the speed button? I press R2 for PS4 and don’t feel like the players are running fast at all. I checked the settings it says the speed button is R2 but I click the joystick button similar to the speed button in Call Of Duty and that seems to help a little bit but if it is R2 then Henry is really really slow and Dion Lewis isn’t nearly as fast as he’s suppose to be but I have a feeling it’s something I’m doing wrong 

It's a slower game this year and you're only supposed to use turbo when you get into open space. It's a pretty significant change.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

It's a slower game this year and you're only supposed to use turbo when you get into open space. It's a pretty significant change.

Ya I had to watch a YouTube video to figure it out. It was nice to see Henry actually has some speed I ran someone over in a game I played it was nice. 

I always play a franchise first before going online I have to make sure I feel fully comfortable with the playbook and the new style of play first 

21 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The Athletic coming to Nashville may finally push me to get a subscription.

For some reason I had decided to subscribe about a week. Now today they add the Nashville section. Perfect timing. The talent level on there is certainly top notch.