Jump to content
titans0021

The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2020 at 3:00 PM, SpacemanSpiff said:

Hey everyone, 

How's life been? Hopefully things have been cool with everyone in These Challenging Times (TM.) Taking a social media break to try to keep all the anxiety with the world at bay, but my county's still in quarantine and I'm getting a little bored with playing video games for two months straight so I figured I'd pop in and see what's up in "Titania." (Do we still call it that?) 

Life for me took a hard turn left thanks to COVID Blues. Finally made the jump and moved out to Los Angeles to pursue my music career -- only to arrive about a week before quarantine hit. That was some luck, eh? I guess it was karma for the Titans making the AFC title game. Man upstairs said "You get one." xD

Anyway, I've moved back home to recalibrate, rest and recharge. Might go to grad school or something while I wait for the concert industry to come back. Might try to go find a role at a music company. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up moving to Nashville and I can grab Titans season tickets.

welcome back, dude. feels like yesterday i was in high school sending you crappy home recordings of bad songs i was writing for feedback. :ph34r:

i'm in grad school right now and all i can say is....abruptly shifting to remote learning absolutely sucks, so think carefully lol.

Edited by -Hope-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

welcome back, dude. feels like yesterday i was in high school sending you crappy home recordings of bad songs i was writing for feedback. :ph34r:

i'm in grad school right now and all i can say is....abruptly shifting to remote learning absolutely sucks, so think carefully lol.

I'm kinda used to remote learning in a sense. I have been taking Skype drum lessons from an instructor for the past five years as well as taught students myself remotely. Also, I've just been through a personal hell, so I'm not terribly concerned. Whatever life throws at me now is just... well, it's whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just hit me that I've been using this site to some degree since 2005. I was 15. I've been on here nearly half of my life. Still remember my first post being about how we should draft Jay Cutler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Just hit me that I've been using this site to some degree since 2005. I was 15. I've been on here nearly half of my life. Still remember my first post being about how we should draft Jay Cutler.

Yup same. Except I was 16. Insane that I've been using this site for 15 years now.:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 12:00 PM, SpacemanSpiff said:

Hey everyone, 

How's life been? Hopefully things have been cool with everyone in These Challenging Times (TM.) Taking a social media break to try to keep all the anxiety with the world at bay, but my county's still in quarantine and I'm getting a little bored with playing video games for two months straight so I figured I'd pop in and see what's up in "Titania." (Do we still call it that?) 

Life for me took a hard turn left thanks to COVID Blues. Finally made the jump and moved out to Los Angeles to pursue my music career -- only to arrive about a week before quarantine hit. That was some luck, eh? I guess it was karma for the Titans making the AFC title game. Man upstairs said "You get one." xD

Anyway, I've moved back home to recalibrate, rest and recharge. Might go to grad school or something while I wait for the concert industry to come back. Might try to go find a role at a music company. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up moving to Nashville and I can grab Titans season tickets.

That's crazy. I was living in the LA area and moved to AZ just before the quarantine hit. My location, everything is back in action except schools, and where do I work? In a school. So I'm still out for a while lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

That's crazy. I was living in the LA area and moved to AZ just before the quarantine hit. My location, everything is back in action except schools, and where do I work? In a school. So I'm still out for a while lol.

They let you in a school!? Have they not seen your GDT post history!? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

They let you in a school!? Have they not seen your GDT post history!? 

We all have our moments. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 12:27 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Just hit me that I've been using this site to some degree since 2005. I was 15. I've been on here nearly half of my life. Still remember my first post being about how we should draft Jay Cutler.

.... you were still right, tho. 

 

On 5/21/2020 at 1:18 AM, Mesa_Titan said:

That's crazy. I was living in the LA area and moved to AZ just before the quarantine hit. My location, everything is back in action except schools, and where do I work? In a school. So I'm still out for a while lol.

Nice! Loved AZ when I was driving through. I was blown away by the sights. What a cool place to be, man!  I might go back at some point, but since we don't know when shows are gonna boot back up I'm starting a community volunteer initiative in my hometown aimed at musicians mental health. We've got a really great music scene and absolutely nobody knows where to get help if they need it or just simply can't afford it. Gonna start small and let it grow naturally and see where things go, but so far the response has been amazing and we're getting a team pretty quickly. We actually already got a counselor on board to volunteer time to run mental health workshops twice a month and a venue owner to lend us a space for that. Not bad for 48 hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two questions, Titania: 

1. As your resident musicology student and "professional" drummer, would everyone be cool with it if I drop everyone a list of my 10 favorite tracks of music + my favorite album from a given week of music listening? I can start tomorrow! 

2. @titans0021 Would it be more appropriate to have that be done in here as a regular recurring post or something more deserving of its own thread? Let me know, buddy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Two questions, Titania: 

1. As your resident musicology student and "professional" drummer, would everyone be cool with it if I drop everyone a list of my 10 favorite tracks of music + my favorite album from a given week of music listening? I can start tomorrow! 

2. @titans0021 Would it be more appropriate to have that be done in here as a regular recurring post or something more deserving of its own thread? Let me know, buddy! 

If it's every week, then it probably needs its own thread in Entertainment.  There are some similar threads there already, so it seems right up its alley.  I would imagine posting it here would get buried in regular football discussion.

But I'm not a mod either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 3:58 PM, SpacemanSpiff said:

Two questions, Titania: 

1. As your resident musicology student and "professional" drummer, would everyone be cool with it if I drop everyone a list of my 10 favorite tracks of music + my favorite album from a given week of music listening? I can start tomorrow! 

2. @titans0021 Would it be more appropriate to have that be done in here as a regular recurring post or something more deserving of its own thread? Let me know, buddy! 

Honestly Spiff, at this point in the offseason, I’m not really that worried about. At least for like the next two months, if you want a separate thread, go ahead. Or, as Daniel said, the Entertainment forum works too. It’s quiet enough around here during June/July that there’s not really much of a concern about clogging the forum up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 7:29 PM, titans0021 said:

Honestly Spiff, at this point in the offseason, I’m not really that worried about. At least for like the next two months, if you want a separate thread, go ahead. Or, as Daniel said, the Entertainment forum works too. It’s quiet enough around here during June/July that there’s not really much of a concern about clogging the forum up.

What he said. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh. I'll just throw up stuff in this thread. Stuff like that gets lost in the shuffle so easily in the E forum. We'll call it Titania's best kept secret. :D

SpacemanSpiff's Ten Tracks of The Week + An album!

  1. White Denim - Matter of Matter (Rock 'n' F****** Roll :D
  2. 2nd Grade - Velodrome (Indie Rock)
  3. Bryde - Paper Cups (Pop Rock)
  4. Josele - Tardes de epoca (Spanish-language Hip-Hop)
  5. Mrs. Piss - M.B.O.T.W.O. (Grunge revival)
  6. Oliver Tree - Bury Me Alive (Alternative/Hip-Hop)
  7. Jeff Rosenstock - Leave Me Alone (Punk)
  8. Xibalba - Saka (Thrash/Doom Metal)
  9. Freddie Gibbs - Frank Lucas (Hip-Hop)
  10. Thee MVPs - Ship Episode, Planet Episode (Punk) 

ALBUM: Christian Lee Hutson - Beginners 

Produced by Phoebe Bridgers at LA's Sound City, this dude is like -- the second coming of Elliott Smith. I don't think I've heard music this deeply sad in years. However, only music of high quality could strike such a chord. If you feel like you can handle a delve into the pits of utter personal despair and resignation, it's worth the trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but hoping for some visibility:

 

For anyone interested, I'm taking part in an All NFL Draft on the GM Mock Drafts forum. We're going to be doing a snake style draft and building our own teams including coaches. I've done it in the past and it's been a lot of fun and helps learn about the state of talent in the league and different positions and on different teams. Disclaimer, this process usually takes about a month or so depending on the number of participants and how much people are able to stay on top of time schedules. If anyone's interested check it out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just pulled this move in my dynasty league:

I traded for OJ Howard shortly before the Gronkowski signing. Got the Gronk owner to agree to take a 2021 rookie second from me, then got another dude to agree to take OJ for a 2022 2nd. So I just got Rob Gronkowski back on my team (I had him before he retired) for OJ Howard and a trade back to 2022 draft. 

I'm stoked. 

Now I've got: 

Russell Wilson / Joe Burrow 
Saquon Barkley / Melvin Gordon / David Johnson / Kerryon Johnson / Bryce Love (I admit, this could be better)
Davante Adams / Courtland Sutton / The ghost of Rob Bironas* / Cooper Kupp / Terry McLaurin / Tee Higgins / N'Keal Harry
George Kittle / Rob Gronkowski 
Justin Tucker 
Titans D / Rams D 

This team should AT LEAST make the playoffs, but with my luck, you never know. 

*About the ghost of Bironas: My partner and I are theorizing the reason we haven't won a title yet, despite being the only team in the league that has never had a losing record, is that we drafted Rob Bironas after his death in our startup as a throwaway in the final round. Our thinking is that he's angry that he got cut and has been haunting us ever since. Also, our WR3 almost always suffers a season ending injury. It's like the Madden Curse to my team's WR3. So, we're giving Rob Bironas a spot forever on our squad as our WR3 to appease him. And if it doesn't work, then his ghost will tear its ACL every year and stop haunting us that way. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×