The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

13 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I ended up pulling the trigger on both trades. Anyone who's  played inr our FF FFL league knows I'm not an active trader. But I had to do something. 

Ir is a PPR, but I really like my team now... Wilson and Rivers at QB... Anderson, Miller, Nixon, Kelley, Riddick at RB... AB, Cooper, M Bryant, Marshall at WR... Delanie at TE... 

If I can get within reach by the time David Johnson returns, I like my chances with that DJ/AB 1-2 punch...

That roster is strong. Especially if DJ can come back around thanksgiving. You figure by the time DJ returns, Mixon will be a very reliable RB2 and that would give you DJ to go with Anderson and Mixon. That would be tough to beat. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We have passed the Jaguars for the most active team forum in the AFC South. Which is pretty solid since they were once up about 1,200 posts. Excellent work team.

Confusing aspect to me has always been how the Colts fan has always been dead. Even going back in the "archives" to the Peyton years it appears dead. Figure such a successful football team would have had more posters.

13 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Confusing aspect to me has always been how the Colts fan has always been dead. Even going back in the "archives" to the Peyton years it appears dead. Figure such a successful football team would have had more posters.

Yeah, I mean I've been on this site for almost a decade at this point, and I can never remember the Colts forum having much traffic. They've had a few posters leave, but even in the busiest days of FF, they were always lagging behind. Which, as you said, is real weird when you consider just how successful they've been over the last 15+ years.

16 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I mean I've been on this site for almost a decade at this point, and I can never remember the Colts forum having much traffic. They've had a few posters leave, but even in the busiest days of FF, they were always lagging behind. Which, as you said, is real weird when you consider just how successful they've been over the last 15+ years.

Because the draft is boring when you're only drafting 28-32 which is where they usually were. The one year they had the #1 pick, it was an obvious no brainer. Not much to get excited about. Least that's my guess to why they're such a dead forum. Midwest seems to dominate the boards.

Interviewed for a job within my company back in August and finally heard back last week (my company is ridicullualy slow in the hiring process).  Didn’t get the job unfortunately, which ended my streak of being offered every job I had ever interviewed for. The weird part to me was the email I got about it. The job was in a different department and in a field I didn’t have much experience in and the email said “the team felt this position would have been a step back for you as opposed to an advancement and that your skills would have been underutilized” 

only slightly confused on how it was a step back and how my skills would have been underutilized in a department I had minimal experience in lol. Ah well though. Now just gotta wait for the next opportunity! 

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

i suppose I should tag the Canes. @ttitansfan4life and @-Hope-.

lotta good spots in wynwood to get your drink on. i'm partial to gramps if you want something super chilled out. the speakeasy in the back of coyo taco is pretty cool too (and coyo taco itself ain't bad either). there are some fun spots on south beach as well- kill your idol, fat tuesday and purdy lounge are all cool and somewhat less...insufferable than your normal south beach scene. 

i like key biscayne- if you want a really nice beach that's less crowded than south beach, that's your best bet imo. you could also check out little havana- lots of good cuban food there. i don't eat meat so i could never really partake, but i'm told la carreta is where it's at.

as far as touristy things go, both vizcaya and fairchild tropical gardens are cool spots for some daytime chilling.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

lotta good spots in wynwood to get your drink on. i'm partial to gramps if you want something super chilled out. the speakeasy in the back of coyo taco is pretty cool too (and coyo taco itself ain't bad either). there are some fun spots on south beach as well- kill your idol, fat tuesday and purdy lounge are all cool and somewhat less...insufferable than your normal south beach scene. 

i like key biscayne- if you want a really nice beach that's less crowded than south beach, that's your best bet imo. you could also check out little havana- lots of good cuban food there. i don't eat meat so i could never really partake, but i'm told la carreta is where it's at.

as far as touristy things go, both vizcaya and fairchild tropical gardens are cool spots for some daytime chilling.

Thanks. We were kind of looking at Key Biscayne tomorrow anyways, so we'll probably head that way.

On a sidenote, I've travelled to a decent amount of places over the last few years (though not at @titansNvolsR#1 levels obviously), and Miami legit has the worst drivers I've come across. I'd say people use turn signals maybe 20% of the time.