The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Thanks. We were kind of looking at Key Biscayne tomorrow anyways, so we'll probably head that way.

On a sidenote, I've travelled to a decent amount of places over the last few years (though not at @titansNvolsR#1 levels obviously), and Miami legit has the worst drivers I've come across. I'd say people use turn signals maybe 20% of the time.

Probably a bunch of people who follow in the Dolphins OL coach's footsteps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Thanks. We were kind of looking at Key Biscayne tomorrow anyways, so we'll probably head that way.

On a sidenote, I've travelled to a decent amount of places over the last few years (though not at @titansNvolsR#1 levels obviously), and Miami legit has the worst drivers I've come across. I'd say people use turn signals maybe 20% of the time.

lmao yup, that's par for the course. you haven't truly experienced miami until you almost die on the road. people complain about the drivers here in boston, but they don't know how good they have it.

• Like 1

Never been to Miami. Not sure it's a place I'd want to visit or enjoy visiting, really. Hitting up Bohol, Philippines end of October then doing another eating tour through Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam before touring/trekking through Myanmar and Laos in December. Then one of Korea, Australia, Singapore, China for spring break.

Doing a road trip next summer. Fly from Knoxville to Dallas to see some of my wife's family, then fly to Phoenix to see a friend. From there, we're driving to:

Grand Canyon
Las Vegas
Moab
Denver
Mt. Rushmore
Yellowstone

Then flying back to the in-laws in Seattle. Then back to Manila.

38 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Never been to Miami. Not sure it's a place I'd want to visit or enjoy visiting, really. Hitting up Bohol, Philippines end of October then doing another eating tour through Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam before touring/trekking through Myanmar and Laos in December. Then one of Korea, Australia, Singapore, China for spring break.

Doing a road trip next summer. Fly from Knoxville to Dallas to see some of my wife's family, then fly to Phoenix to see a friend. From there, we're driving to:

Grand Canyon
Las Vegas
Moab
Denver
Mt. Rushmore
Yellowstone

Been to the Canyon, Rushmore and Vegas a few times. Should be a great time. Probably heading to Seattle next fall and we've come real close to booking Denver a couple different times so I'll listen to thoughts on that.

Currently in Miami. Finally Booked 10 days in Bangkok and surrounding cities for January with the wife and another couple. Real excited for the first non-North America/Europe trip.

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Been to the Canyon, Rushmore and Vegas a few times. Should be a great time. Probably heading to Seattle next fall and we've come real close to booking Denver a couple different times so I'll listen to thoughts on that.

Currently in Miami. Finally Booked 10 days in Bangkok and surrounding cities for January with the wife and another couple. Real excited for the first non-North America/Europe trip.

Seattle is a ton of fun. 

Bangkok is one of the best cities in SEA. Thai food is incredible. Recommend the overnight train to Chang Mai. Phuket is legit and cheap too. If you can get over to Vietnam, definitely do that. All Vietnamese food is great, Vietnamese coffee is incredible. Especially weasel poop coffee. But in HCMC there is an Italian restaurant that might be the best Italian food I've ever had. @deeluxx3 would bow before this restaurant, I guarantee it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Grand Canyon
Las Vegas
Moab
Denver
Mt. Rushmore
Yellowstone

You will love Yellowstone and Rushmore. Both 2 of my favorite places I have been to.

As far as Denver goes, what types of things do you want to try and do out here? I can give you some information on some places to go and places to eat/drink.

12 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

You will love Yellowstone and Rushmore. Both 2 of my favorite places I have been to.

As far as Denver goes, what types of things do you want to try and do out here? I can give you some information on some places to go and places to eat/drink.

No idea what we'll be doing while in Denver. I'd like to do some hiking and drinking. That's as far as I've thought.

20 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Oh CJ, don't go out like this.

I mean, he has a point because the Cardinals didn’t/can’t run block worth a damn. But it’s not like he was doing anything special when he did get some running room. Just a bad combination between the OL and the over the hill RB. Which makes me wonder what they think they’re gonna get out of AP lol 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I did not miss Wisconsin weather. In any way.

We got snow in Denver for the first time on Monday. It had been 75 for the better part of a week and great. Monday snowed, back to the 70s by yesterday lol. Love October weather in Denver. 

Glad it didn’t stick around, too. Reseeded my backyard 3 weeks ago tomorrow and last week it really started to come in so a long freeze would’ve ruined it.

17 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Wife and I are debating buying a house around Milwaukee or Minneapolis area for summer living since it's a direct flight to Knoxville and Seattle from there. How's summer weather?

Summer weather is nice. Usually sitting in the high 70s, low 80s, not a ton of rain. Didn't hit 90 until the first day of fall this year.

Personally, I enjoy Minneapolis more, but there are some nice areas just outside of Milwaukee. Though you can do a lot worse for summer living than Milwaukee between all of the breweries, a decent music scene, Summerfest and easy access to Chicago via the train.