The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

5 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

No other team has given up more passing yards than the Titans since Week 9.  So I mean... how much of a loss is that really?

we're starting practice squad DBs and have no pass rush. what do you want kerry coombs to do about that lol

56 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

we're starting practice squad DBs and have no pass rush. what do you want kerry coombs to do about that lol

How about coach somebody?

I know we love the fiery attitude he's shown... I like him too... but he's been given 2 high priced FAs and a 1st round pick at CB.  Not to mention a pair of safeties making good cash back there.  So you lose 1 guy for 5 games and another for 2 and you're the worst pass offense in the NFL since week 9? 

Other teams have to make due with guys like Tye Smith and LeShaun Sims playing significant snaps... without the luxury of a starting trio like ours.  Sims is a former 5th rounder, who actually played well for us early on in his career before we upgraded the CB position... not many better 4th CBs in the league I'd assume.  Same with Tye Smith... also a former 5th round who also showed some promise prior to the upgrades... but is an excellent 5th CB.  These are hardly scrubs.  Orr may be the only that is a stretch, but its not like he's been asked to play heavy snaps every week since week 9.

I'd like to keep Croombs, but I'm not losing sleep over it... when we're giving up nearly 300 yards/game the past 6 weeks.  

• Like 1

With a position coach, I think you look to see if they are getting the most out of the players given.

If he is coaching a street FA, you have to remember that the player is a free agent for a reason. 

So not like you can turn that guy into Deion Sanders.  You can make a borderline guy FA into maybe a fringe roster player. 

No coach will transform every player into a pro bowler. Can help to maximize their talent but remember that not every player is super talented.