The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

On 6/11/2020 at 8:24 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Despite hiring Mike Mularkey, then firing him after our first playoff win in 14 seasons, then hiring the guy whose defense finished 32nd in the league in PPG to "fix" Marcus Mariota, yeah. Her ownership has actually kinda -- worked. That's not me being sarcastic, either. These moves made zero sense to me at the time, but I've liked both Mularkey and Vrabel as Titans coaches, Robinson's a fantastic GM and I think the team just continues to head into the direction of being a franchise that can contend yearly. 

I think it took this past season’s run to finally convince me that maybe...just maybe...the AAS/JRob/Vrabel trio knows what they’re doing better than I do. Last year was an emotional roller coaster as a fan. Many of us loved Marcus, had optimism, but then he just plays so poorly that he clearly NEEDS to get benched. As an optimistic fan, any last glimmer of “hope” you had with the guy (someone I personally thought and said would bring us a title), is just OVER with.

it took confidence and guts for this franchise to make that switch.

then you have a brand new guy like Tanny come in and he started and stayed hot. But it took a few weeks of needing to come around to him as “the guy” from a fan perspective. To really accept him as our guy. And those were apathetic weeks but in the end they were the games that turned our season around (chargers, bucs and chiefs wins)

then an absolute thrilling playoff run. Never been so happy as a fan. Granted, it’s fun to still be able to critique and that’s the benefit of being a fan. But it’s thanks to them that I think we as fans should feel like we are in good hands. While four seasons of 9-7 is boring and frustrating, it means we have been playing strong and consistent football for four years. I think only like three or four teams have more regular wins than we do over that time frame. Now the challenge is staying a contender year in and year out and getting a ring. 

• Like 2

I can't even remember the last time I legitimately got to talk smack as a Titans fan. But that was a dope two weeks! 

Funny story: My band was scheduled to play in Miami the day before the Super Bowl. If the Titans made it, I was gonna say screw it and tell them to leave me in Miami. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

In case anyone is as desperate for a sports fix as I am, NFL Gamepass is currently free. Has every game dating back to 09. Watching the 2017 Chiefs playoff game right now.

Three times they have referred to CD as the speedster Corey Davis.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

In case anyone is as desperate for a sports fix as I am, NFL Gamepass is currently free. Has every game dating back to 09. Watching the 2017 Chiefs playoff game right now.

Believe NBA is as well. Or was for a while. Maybe not now that it’s ramping back up. 

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Gamepass might have to stay free a while. The Hall of Fame game got canceled this morning. Winter is coming. And it will not have football.

I do not believe there will be football this fall. 😫😞. No way to “social distance” on a football field.

13 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

owners are desperate to line their pockets while the obvious solution is to just not have football

Players too, I'm sure.  Cutting everything would probably be a recipe for injury city for sure.  The better solution that preserves a season is probably delaying and abbreviating the season.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

you cannot have the season without training camp

HOW?? lol

Pff, what does training camp even do?

Wouldn't it be better for the first three or four games to be a circus act of penalties and not top 10 clips since there was no preparation at all and no one knows what they're doing?

People want that, right?