The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Pff, what does training camp even do?

Wouldn't it be better for the first three or four games to be a circus act of penalties and not top 10 clips since there was no preparation at all and no one knows what they're doing?

People want that, right?

Imagine the injuries that first month. How many pulled hamstrings would the Titans WRs have since that’s our typical team curse. 

There's truly only two ways to go about this.

You say screw it, we're just gonna take the virus head on and deal with whatever comes from it.

Or

You cancel the season.

There's no inbetween, lets baby it and cancel training camp and preseason and still try to get a regular season out of it. That's delusional and puts players at FAR, FAR greater risk for serious injury than covid ever could.

It's June 25th. The NFL needs to stop messing around and announce the decision already.

I’m guessing that they’ll just try to push through the season and every team will have to deal with significant two-week losses throughout. They should probably up the practice squad to 30 this year. 

The easy short-term solution would be to just bump the season to January/February. But obviously that creates long-term adjustments to scheduling.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Im obviously not going to get into the politics of it

All I'm saying is: If I was a betting man, I would put my money on the season NOT starting in Sept as planned. If at all.

And if I was a betting man, I wouldn't bet against you.  I still think there'll be a season, even if it's super short.  There's too much money to be made for them to cancel everything, and I can't imagine that, come late fall, things won't have progressed enough to where a season is possible.  But it might be like an 8 game season.

Just how some of these states are backtracking... I'm in Texas and the governor has gone back and shut some businesses back down statewide... Houston is back on lock down orders, Dallas may soon follow, San Antonio has one of the highest rates, record high cases and hospitalizations across the state... and az and fl appear to be right there along with tx. 

If governers who were so previously staunch about reopening are now walking it back, its going to put all leagues at risk. And not just fans in the stands, but risk of losing whole seasons in general. 

4 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

If governers who were so previously staunch about reopening are now walking it back, its going to put all leagues at risk. And not just fans in the stands, but risk of losing whole seasons in general. 

Oh yeah, unless the start is pushed back 4-6 months, I don’t think there’s even a point in considering fans in the stadium. There’s just so much money involved for all parties, that I can’t imagine them not trying to force a season through.

i know that the greed of the owners gets talked about a lot, but imagine it from a guy like Derrick Henry’s perspective. Losing a year of prime, non-rookie contract earnings would be devastating.

@Malfatron is running a simulation Tecmo Bowl tournament. You had to choose an offense and defense but couldn’t just take the best ones. Our D was taken so I paired our offense with Cleveland’s defense which seemed like the best of the lot I could choose from. 

I drew the Ravens (with Jags defense) in the first round. Here’s the result:

https://youtu.be/Kvclc4e0ETI

Edited by titanrick
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 8:29 PM, titans0021 said:

In case anyone is as desperate for a sports fix as I am, NFL Gamepass is currently free. Has every game dating back to 09. Watching the 2017 Chiefs playoff game right now.

The second half of the 2018 Eagles game, three weeks removed from the hand injury, is the best performance of Mariota’s career.

5 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The second half of the 2018 Eagles game, three weeks removed from the hand injury, is the best performance of Mariota’s career.

Even better than his very first NFL game where he had a near perfect qb score?

9 hours ago, titanrick said:

@Malfatron is running a simulation Tecmo Bowl tournament. You had to choose an offense and defense but couldn’t just take the best ones. Our D was taken so I paired our offense with Cleveland’s defense which seemed like the best of the lot I could choose from. 

I drew the Ravens (with Jags defense) in the first round. Here’s the result:

https://youtu.be/Kvclc4e0ETI

I'm so glad to hear from you, TR. :D I wasn't sure if you were still around (on Earth, I mean.)

EDIT: OMG that TD pass to Brown on your first play was SWEEEEET.

EDIT EDIT: Is it bad that I'm rooting for this win almost as hard as I was rooting for us in the AFC Title game? I think it's clear: I miss sports very much.

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanTuff said:

Even better than his very first NFL game where he had a near perfect qb score?

Given the situation, I’d say so. Trailing by two touchdowns to the defending SB champs, he completed his first 15 passes of the second half/OT. Streak ended on a terrible drop on a perfectly thrown bomb to Darius Jennings in   OT, still converted a 4th and 15 and drove down for a GW touchdown. All without any feeling in two of his fingers on his throwing hand.

• Like 1