The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

Crazy that the closest we ever got to running an Oregon style offense was in Mariota’s very first game. Two drives in and it’s just a bunch of PA, one-read, quick throws, couple designed plays to get him out of the pocket and a few zone reads.

Ken Whisenhunt was a terrible head coach that absolutely deserved to be fired.

I am also pretty sure that he was the only coach that was fully committed to building the entire offense around Marcus.

Which isn’t to say that’s where it all went wrong. Injuries and 7,000 offensive coordinators didn’t help.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I am also pretty sure that he was the only coach that was fully committed to building the entire offense around Marcus.

Which isn’t to say that’s where it all went wrong. Injuries and 7,000 offensive coordinators didn’t help.

this fanbase...definitely myself included...will never ever get over the "what if" of Mariota

We could win the next 5 SBs. We would always wish that Marcus was the guy to have won them. What a guy.

23 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

this fanbase...definitely myself included...will never ever get over the "what if" of Mariota

We could win the next 5 SBs. We would always wish that Marcus was the guy to have won them. What a guy.

Yup.

25 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Absolutely.

I am not even going to say that the team wasn’t built for him to be the QB, but from the second Robinson was hired, we were no longer trying to make him the centerpiece. And that’s not an indictment of Robinson, it has worked, just something that looks so obvious in retrospect.

Early picks on Conklin, CD, Henry and a second TE in Jonnu. Signing guys like Eric Decker. Hiring Mularkey and Vrabel. There was such a clear direction for the offense, and it obviously wasn’t based around Mariota’s strengths.

57 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Whisenhunt, like Norv Turner and various other great coordinators have shown that exhaling in 1 role doesn't necessarily translate to success at that next level.

And yeah, you're right... he was probably the best equipped at maximizing Mariotas strengths. Too bad he was a terrible HC.

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Whisenhunt, like Norv Turner and various other great coordinators have shown that exhaling in 1 role doesn't necessarily translate to success at that next level.

And yeah, you're right... he was probably the best equipped at maximizing Mariotas strengths. Too bad he was a terrible HC.

When looking back at his time here, there’s just something so fitting about Mariota only playing seven games under the coach that truly wanted him. Just obstacle after obstacle for five years, amazing to have four winning seasons in that stretch.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, titans0021 said:

When looking back at his time here, there’s just something so fitting about Mariota only playing seven games under the coach that truly wanted him. Just obstacle after obstacle for five years, amazing to have four winning seasons in that stretch.

It is crazy to think about the franchise then and what we though was "ok" or being hopeful.  Our franchise is light years from where it was. Social Media, Community, Ownership, Front Office and Coaching. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

It is crazy to think about the franchise then and what we though was "ok" or being hopeful.  Our franchise is light years from where it was. Social Media, Community, Ownership, Front Office and Coaching. 

there was an article about jake locker and his post-football life that came out maybe a year or two ago, and in it matt hasselbeck (i think) is quoted as saying that coaching/facilities/nutrition-wise we were lightyears behind the rest of the league during that time period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

So with Nike pulling redskins stuff from their site I looked to see what set Titans gear they have... A freaking women's Mariota jersey and that's it. What the heck did we do Nike!?

I actually think I know why, but I'm not gonna get into it on this forum.

1 hour ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

So with Nike pulling redskins stuff from their site I looked to see what set Titans gear they have... A freaking women's Mariota jersey and that's it. What the heck did we do Nike!?

Not sell.

• Like 1