The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

20 hours ago, Daniel said:

Not sell.

Or since Nike is busy making social statements, it’s no coincidence they left only a Titans women’s jersey up while Tennessee is preparing legislation to enact a total ban on abortion in the state. I am not debating the merits of it with any of you. But that is probably why. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Or since Nike is busy making social statements, it’s no coincidence they left only a Titans women’s jersey up while Tennessee is preparing legislation to enact a total ban on abortion in the state. I am not debating the merits of it with any of you. But that is probably why. 

honestly, i cannot possibly imagine that that's the reason. when companies as big as nike want to make a statement, they....make a statement. i'd be shocked if they genuinely decided that they wanted to comment on an issue through a change on their website that most people won't even notice.

occam's razor is, people just aren't buying a ton of titans gear from them lol

21 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

honestly, i cannot possibly imagine that that's the reason. when companies as big as nike want to make a statement, they....make a statement. i'd be shocked if they genuinely decided that they wanted to comment on an issue through a change on their website that most people won't even notice.

occam's razor is, people just aren't buying a ton of titans gear from them lol

I hear ya, but we didn't hear them say anything about removing Washington gear. The press just noticed and ran with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just traded N'Keal Harry for Sony Michel in my dynasty LOR.

I figure they're probably going run-heavy. Sony's got the talent. Cam Newton at QB with hardly any training camp? Late offseason add? I think Sony's going to be the man, and I'm not sold on Harry. I can afford it if I lose out on Harry. Look at the rest of the WR group.

I now have the USA COVID-19ers (xD) poised for a title run with:

QB: Russell Wilson | Drew Brees | Joe Burrow

RB: Saquon Barkley | Melvin Gordon | Sony Michel | David Johnson | Kerryon Johnson | Justin Jackson

WR: Davante Adams | Courtland Sutton | Ghost of Bironas | Cooper Kupp | Terry McLaurin | Tee Higgins

TE: George Kittle | Rob Gronkowski

K: Justin Tucker

D/ST: Rams D

Does this seem like a contender to you or no? (This, assuming we play this year.)

• 3 weeks later...

Titans dropped 11 INTs last season, second most in the NFL.

And still finished sixth in total INTs (14).  And that was with both Butler and Jackson missing multiple games.  Good as they were last year, we still haven't seen the ceiling for our secondary.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:33 PM, SpacemanSpiff said:

Just traded N'Keal Harry for Sony Michel in my dynasty LOR.

I figure they're probably going run-heavy. Sony's got the talent. Cam Newton at QB with hardly any training camp? Late offseason add? I think Sony's going to be the man, and I'm not sold on Harry. I can afford it if I lose out on Harry. Look at the rest of the WR group.

I now have the USA COVID-19ers (xD) poised for a title run with:

QB: Russell Wilson | Drew Brees | Joe Burrow

RB: Saquon Barkley | Melvin Gordon | Sony Michel | David Johnson | Kerryon Johnson | Justin Jackson

WR: Davante Adams | Courtland Sutton | Ghost of Bironas | Cooper Kupp | Terry McLaurin | Tee Higgins

TE: George Kittle | Rob Gronkowski

K: Justin Tucker

D/ST: Rams D

Does this seem like a contender to you or no? (This, assuming we play this year.)

I see problems at RB in your future.  Love Barkley.  Not a fan of the rest.  Good luck!