The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

12 hours ago, Titansfan_13 said:

Same, I think I got it a year or two ago for the $1/year special and have kept it because it's the best out there IMO

It makes sense. They poached so many quality journalists, I don’t think there’s any sports website that has the kind of universal and team-specific coverage they do.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

It makes sense. They poached so many quality journalists, I don’t think there’s any sports website that has the kind of universal and team-specific coverage they do.

I dont think any other publication comes close to the collective and consistently great content that The Athletic provides

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I think a lot of the journalists that they got weren't so much poached as they were let go by previous employers.

One of my favorite NASCAR writers had his own Patreon for a few years after being let go by USA Today before being picked up there. I know a few others have landed there the same way. Especially with ESPN constantly cutting veteran reporters nowadays it seems.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 11:47 AM, titans0021 said:

In case it matters to anyone, The Athletic is running a deal for new subscribers for $1 a month for a year. Finally hooked me.

Wow, thanks for putting me into the Athletic! Did not even know of it. It is incredible. Been reading everything. Just read the Brandon Browner article. Incredible read. Sad story. Also went back and watched his highlights. Forgot how much of a beast he was. Physical freak at the corner.

• Like 1

I only went to Nashville once, but isn't where the bomb went off this morning directly across the river from the Titan's stadium? Or is that Vanderbilt's stadium/someone else? Thankfully so far in reporting I've seen is only minor physical injuries, but the property damage looks frightening. If that's the Titan's field right there, surely the NFL is in panic mode for increased security for upcoming games (home playoffs?).

I'm still so annoyed that the Jets threw away Lawrence to Jacksonville. I mean it'd be hilarious if they lost out to someone who wasn't in our division, but ****, why do we have to deal with the elites coming out and playing in our division? I can't even enjoy watching Lawrence play now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, TheDeeeeej said:

Hey dudes! It's been a minute. 

After playing around on the site, nice to see some old timers still on the board! Can't believe I signed up on this site over 14 years ago. I was still in high school trying to convince people that Justin McCariens was the worst WR of all time. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TheDeeeeej said:

After playing around on the site, nice to see some old timers still on the board! Can't believe I signed up on this site over 14 years ago. I was still in high school trying to convince people that Justin McCariens was the worst WR of all time. 

🤣. Hey old timer. 👊🏾

Edited by lamont

19 hours ago, TheDeeeeej said:

Wowsers. Throwback. I remember reading your posts when I was 20 and I first started reading the forum. Literally 14 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 4:58 PM, TheDeeeeej said:

#COMEBACKSZN

• Like 1