The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Happy Thanksgiving fellas.

Not living in Nashville and not having that Titans fanbase comradery, I am thankful I get to come here and kick with fellow Titania crazies.

I am cooking the whole spread today, I hope you all have a great day and enjoy it with whoever you spend it with. Happy football, happy America. Titanup! 

Same to you and your family bud. Happy Thanksgiving Titania

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

My greatest fear in sports is that Day gets canned one day, because I know exactly who OSU’s first phone call would be to

i'd be shocked if vrabel left the nfl to coach there. he's on record saying that the recruiting schedule was miserable for him and his family and he didn't much like that part of the job. and if you're the head coach at ohio state....you need to like that part of the job lol

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i'd be shocked if vrabel left the nfl to coach there. he's on record saying that the recruiting schedule was miserable for him and his family and he didn't much like that part of the job. and if you're the head coach at ohio state....you need to like that part of the job lol

Agree and I know what he’s said in the past. I also think that he’s more of a “pro” coach vs college coach in terms of style, personality, etc 

I just know the media s***storm that would happen if Day ever got canned (which I dont think is close to happening anytime soon) and that OSU can write blank checks

It’s just a reality/sports event I hope I/we never have to live

Vrabel strikes me as a dude who would see stepping out of this situation into Ohio State as a loss. Especially without a Super Bowl. And if he gets a Super Bowl with us, he obviously ain't going anywhere. He doesn't strike me as a guy that would take an L like that. Unless things went south here, and I just don't see it happening.

If Ohio State fires a guy who is 45-5 in his tenure there, I think people would be surprised to find out just how few people would want to take that job.

Expectations for coaches has reached such absurd levels. Even entertaining the thought of firing someone with Day's level of success(both in terms of record, developing 2 straight heisman caliber QBs, consistently one of the best offenses in CFB, consistent top 5 recruiting classes, etc) hurts my brain.

I understand that I probably under react to things compared to most football fans, and perhaps don't "jump ship" on people quickly enough. but good god almighty I dunno what you're wanting if 45-5 isn't good enough.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

If Ohio State fires a guy who is 45-5 in his tenure there, I think people would be surprised to find out just how few people would want to take that job.

Expectations for coaches has reached such absurd levels. Even entertaining the thought of firing someone with Day's level of success(both in terms of record, developing 2 straight heisman caliber QBs, consistently one of the best offenses in CFB, consistent top 5 recruiting classes, etc) hurts my brain.

I understand that I probably under react to things compared to most football fans, and perhaps don't "jump ship" on people quickly enough. but good god almighty I dunno what you're wanting if 45-5 isn't good enough.

it's always like this in the aftermath of michigan-OSU games. that rivalry is just different. it wasn't too long ago everyone was calling for harbaugh's head since he couldn't beat the buckeyes lol.