Week 4: Indianapolis Colts @ Seattle Seahawks

showtime

Seahawks-Colts.jpg

Sunday Night Football!  CenturyLink field will be rocking for this one!

This seems like the perfect opponent to help get things back on track.  The offense needs to continue to build off of the momentum they built off the Titans game.  I'm also looking for a very dominant performance by the defense.  The Colts are a team that is struggling and Andrew Luck has been officially ruled out for Sunday's game.  I really don't think this game will be particularly close - Seahawks probably win by at least three scores.

Who do you guys have favored to win?  Any special place you guys are watching this prime time matchup?

If we don't start respecting the national anthem and our flag, then I'm out. What does kneeling in unity going to do? Absolutely nothing. What is staying in the locker room going to do? Find another venue to protest what you consider inequality.  I'm not going to continue a rant.

I will say I'm starting to get tired of this team and the whole coaching staff.  Boring concepts, mistakes, penalties, not prepared, brainless plays. Wait until Alex Collins takes off while we kept worthless and injury prone Prosise and Rawls. Favoritism, not reality. 

When can we can Bevell? Richard? Cable? Even Carroll is annoying and continues to be delusional about this team. Do we have Last year's posts? 

I really want to see Bevell take the shackles off this offense. The last two seasons, Seattle plays best when they spread it out, and focus on timing/rhythmic passing. Plays to both Baldwin and Grahams strengths. Gives Russell a 1-2 -3 take off option, keeping him near the LOS. Offensive line doesnt have to hold their blocks too long, creating more sustainable pockets. Plus both CJ and Carson can work out of the backfield. Im tired of seeing 15-20 playactions when NOBODY IS BITING. All it has been doing lately is preventing Graham from getting downfield, forcing the OL to block longer then their talent allows, and allows the defense to only cover 2-3 guys. At home, in primetime, against a weaker opponent, great time to start adjusting offense philosophy. 

I trust the staff enough to see the personnel doesn't fit old scheme. Or at least, it isnt working anymore. They can either adjust, or waste another prime year of Seattles "entering twilight" core.

20 hours ago, animaltested said:

I really want to see Bevell take the shackles off this offense. The last two seasons, Seattle plays best when they spread it out, and focus on timing/rhythmic passing. Plays to both Baldwin and Grahams strengths. Gives Russell a 1-2 -3 take off option, keeping him near the LOS. Offensive line doesnt have to hold their blocks too long, creating more sustainable pockets. Plus both CJ and Carson can work out of the backfield. Im tired of seeing 15-20 playactions when NOBODY IS BITING. All it has been doing lately is preventing Graham from getting downfield, forcing the OL to block longer then their talent allows, and allows the defense to only cover 2-3 guys. At home, in primetime, against a weaker opponent, great time to start adjusting offense philosophy. 

I trust the staff enough to see the personnel doesn't fit old scheme. Or at least, it isnt working anymore. They can either adjust, or waste another prime year of Seattles "entering twilight" core.

I agree.  I want to see a tempo based offense where the Seahawks spread them out wide.  Focus on Wilson getting the ball out of his hands fast.  Also, like you said, more options and running for Wilson as well.  As the season goes on, I think we will look back and see how it took the offense a while to get the ball rolling.  

I really want to see the defense also have a bounce back game.  Big picture - the defense is playing really well, but they're giving up to many big plays.  They really need to tighten up.

One thing to potentially watch out for is T.Y. Hilton and his ability to create big plays.  The defense has given up more than their fair share of big plays already this season.  It is a problem they are focused on fixing, so hopefully that starts tomorrow night vs the Colts.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

What happened to all the Seahawks fans?

=)

Just now, CWood21 said:

I just don't see how the Seahawks let their OL get this bad.  I feel like I'm beating on a dead horse...

They've invested some first round picks into the offensive line, but it just has not worked out.  Maybe need to grab some via trade or free agency.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Doesn't Tom Cable have a long history of developing OL though?

He's hit on some and missed on a lot. I guess you can also fault Seattle for letting Okung, Carpenter, and Sweezy walk to try and let Cable develop cheap, young replacements.

Archived