Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
candyman93

Supplemental Draft

Recommended Posts

No, only players who could have entered the 2020 draft can apply for the supplemental draft. Because Lawrence was only a sophomore, he isn’t eligible. 

However, someone like Travis Etienne - who is entering his senior year - can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

No, only players who could have entered the 2020 draft can apply for the supplemental draft. Because Lawrence was only a sophomore, he isn’t eligible. 

However, someone like Travis Etienne - who is entering his senior year - can.

And Najee Harris Who is way better than Etienne

Edited by brushmyhair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 11:17 PM, Melbourne 9er said:

If you're a first rounder why would you even think about it? Surely the pay of a first rounder will be more than the pay of a supplemental draft pick?

Also it would mean that you are not competing to be drafted against other college athletes. The supplemental draft is a "blind auction" where a club will offer the lowest possible pick that they believe will get the player. It's a no lose issue for NFL teams and everything to lose for players. If any of the players have half decent managers then they wouldn't enter the supplemental draft. They would just lose too much money over the long term.

I’ve wondered about that. How does the rookie wage scale handle paying supp picks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 9:00 AM, Ozzy said:

the college football season is in question, then why would the NFL season not be in question?

College football will be at the mercy of colleges being opened or closed. If colleges don’t open than you can’t have college football really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’ve wondered about that. How does the rookie wage scale handle paying supp picks

It be like the normal draft. Teams are spotted for picks like the typical draft. So if someone bid their future 2nd rd pick. They will get a 2nd rd rookie wage scale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 11:17 PM, Melbourne 9er said:

If you're a first rounder why would you even think about it? Surely the pay of a first rounder will be more than the pay of a supplemental draft pick?

Also it would mean that you are not competing to be drafted against other college athletes. The supplemental draft is a "blind auction" where a club will offer the lowest possible pick that they believe will get the player. It's a no lose issue for NFL teams and everything to lose for players. If any of the players have half decent managers then they wouldn't enter the supplemental draft. They would just lose too much money over the long term.

They might have been a first rounder but after having a year of no play cause of there being no Season, it might affect their stock. They might have been first rd picks if they had a solid year. 
 

also teams were low balling supp. Picks cause the player had red flags about them. The only reason they are in the supp. Draft is because the season was cancelled. Rather enter the league now. Get your signing bonus and begin working with NFL teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Who edited my thread?

All threads here are my thread!  Mwahahahahah!  Ahem...

Someone made another supplemental draft thread so I merged them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 5:05 AM, candyman93 said:

With the college football season in question due to Covid-19. Mike Lombardi brought up an interesting possibility, this years supplemental draft could be the largest in history. Some potential names I’ve seen thrown out there who could declare:

 

Travis Etienne

Najee Harris

Devonta Smith

Liam Eichenberg

Creed Humphrey

Tyler Shelvin

Dylan Moses

Richard LeCounte

JaCoby Stevens

Najee>Etienne

 

Packers can redeem themselves for passing on a WR by taking Devonta Smith in the Supplemental Draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 1:13 PM, brushmyhair said:

And Najee Harris Who is way better than Etienne

uhhhhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Caden Sterns would be eligible. I would love it if the Cowboys got him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 10:43 AM, SmittyBacall said:

No, only players who could have entered the 2020 draft can apply for the supplemental draft. Because Lawrence was only a sophomore, he isn’t eligible. 

However, someone like Travis Etienne - who is entering his senior year - can.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/how-the-nfl-supplemental-draft-works-what-when-who-and-more-you-need-to-know-for-2020/amp/

According to this CBS article, players who are impacted by the coronavirus-shortened season would not be eligible (IE Etienne).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chops013 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/how-the-nfl-supplemental-draft-works-what-when-who-and-more-you-need-to-know-for-2020/amp/

According to this CBS article, players who are impacted by the coronavirus-shortened season would not be eligible (IE Etienne).

Not sure how that makes any sense.  If a senior like Etienne isnt eligible, then who would be?  Whats the criteria?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abe56 said:

Not sure how that makes any sense.  If a senior like Etienne isnt eligible, then who would be?  Whats the criteria?

He's not eligible because he's an eligible student with a year of athletic eligibility. The Supplemental Draft is not supposed to be a means for guys to have "second thoughts" it was a way for guys who were academically ineligible, suspended, kicked off teams etc... to go pro. Will be interesting if anyone drops out of school and challenges it in court. If I'm Etienne the last thing I want to do is get another year older as a RB without playing or improving my stock. Might as well go pro now and get paid if the college season is in doubt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×