Jets to sign CB Logan Ryan (Per "Source")

Bianconero

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Love this idea and I trust Gregg could make it work. It combats the new wave of NFL offenses where we're seeing more speed + playmakers on the field at once. Chargers looked like they were really onto something two years ago when they did this to stop Lamar in the playoffs. Would be a ton of fun to watch. 

I actually think he's going to be a hybrid CB SS in our dime defense.  The 3-2-6 is going to be most utilized defense is my guess.  He'll cover the slot with Poole in 4 WR sets, he'll do some SS stuff in underneath zone near the LOS, he'll cover the TEs with Adams, and he'll blitz.  

The versatility we would have on defense to match up with everything from 4 WRs, 2 TE sets, etc without having to change personnel is huge.  

That will keep Adams near the LOS to keep making plays and do less safety stuff.  Even though Adams is great at covering TEs and being a SS he is special when he can attack the ball.  Having another guy who can help cover TEs and leaking RBs will let Jamal attack even more.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I actually think he's going to be a hybrid CB SS in our dime defense.  The 3-2-6 is going to be most utilized defense is my guess.  He'll cover the slot with Poole in 4 WR sets, he'll do some SS stuff in underneath zone near the LOS, he'll cover the TEs with Adams, and he'll blitz.  

The versatility we would have on defense to match up with everything from 4 WRs, 2 TE sets, etc without having to change personnel is huge.  

That will keep Adams near the LOS to keep making plays and do less safety stuff.  Even though Adams is great at covering TEs and being a SS he is special when he can attack the ball.  Having another guy who can help cover TEs and leaking RBs will let Jamal attack even more.

Completely agree - A jack of all trades type who will impact the game more so as a playmaker than in coverage. 

Gregg's wizardry would be in full effect with that level of versatility.  

1 hour ago, dcat said:

And here you go.  We ought to consider a 30 day-ban for posting Mehta tweets, links, anything, including photos.  

Let's just go to a full lifetime ban. There won't be anything lost.

Edited by NJerseypaint
I said "much" but meant "anything"
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I know that we aren't paying him 10M which is his supposed asking price.

Ya you can guarantee it probably won’t be much more than around 6-7mill we’d offer him. He said coming to us would make sense. Which makes it sound like he wants to come here. Might be exactly what you said and that he just won’t pay him what he wants. So he has to decided on a few mill more or go where it makes sense.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

My green glasses are showing me that we could be on the cutting edge of how defenses are going to be run in the future. Running a dime package weakens you against the run. The great part of our dime package is that our DBs are also excellent against the run. Adams and Poole hit like LBs. And, if we get Ryan he’s another guy who can tackle and get TFL. We’d be fast, good against the pass and run. Our boundary corners aren’t soft either. And Maye can stick his nose in there as well.

Im drinking some of the green kool aid right now. But I’m thinking we’ll have one of those defenses where the sum is better than the individual parts because of how versatile everyone is. 

• Like 1

Can Manish please get fired? He constantly provides fake news. I'm getting sick of tired of this guy, I am gonna keep writing to NY Daily News until hes fired.

Manish is the same guy who creates a fake twitter account then creates a fake story about Gase having a burner account to defend himself. Hes as sleazy as they come and a terrible reporter who is not a good person at all. 

Edited by NYJets4716

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2020 at 2:31 PM, rampantjet said:

I never said why bother.   But teams that are in win now mode should be signing 30 year old guys.  Where as we have really young guys who might turn out to be much better than Ryan given the reps.  Bad teams don't improve by signing 30 year olds,  they improve by developing some of their young guys.   

The 2016 Rams were the worst offense in the NFL, and melted down into a bad-team all-around as the season progressed. They signed 36-year-old Andrew Whitworth, 31-year-old Connor Barwin, and 32-year-old John Sullivan, 32-year-old Aqib Talib, and  31-year-old Ndamukong Sub over the next couple years with incredible success. All 5 vets made critical contributions to the team, both on the field and - perhaps more importantly - in the locker room. They won the NFC West two years in a row, including an NFC Championship/Super Bowl appearance - all after being a last-place team with a toxic locker room. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

The 2016 Rams were the worst offense in the NFL, and melted down into a bad-team all-around as the season progressed. They signed 36-year-old Andrew Whitworth, 31-year-old Connor Barwin, and 32-year-old John Sullivan, 32-year-old Aqib Talib, and  31-year-old Ndamukong Sub over the next couple years with incredible success. All 5 vets made critical contributions to the team, both on the field and - perhaps more importantly - in the locker room. They won the NFC West two years in a row, including an NFC Championship/Super Bowl appearance - all after being a last-place team with a toxic locker room. 

You resurrected this thread to make this point? 

• Like 1