Raiders Sign Prince Amukamara:

MrOaktown_56

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Solid move guys.

Can you tell me more about the guy? I for one am happy with the addition of a vet a CB. We have Mullen starting outside and rookie Damon Arnette was expected to start opposite, with vet Joyner battlinig rookie Amik Robertson at slot. However Arnette likely won't be forced into action if he isn't ready for it now.

Prefer this signing over Apple and am happy that deal fell through.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is cool, someone capable of starting but wont cause any major controversy if someone beats him out. Plus, kind of cool Prince gets to move to Vegas.....honestly if you take out that year in Jacksonville........NYC, Chicago, and Vegas might be the coolest cities to live in during anyones career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Can you tell me more about the guy? I for one am happy with the addition of a vet a CB. We have Mullen starting outside and rookie Damon Arnette was expected to start opposite, with vet Joyner battlinig rookie Amik Robertson at slot. However Arnette likely won't be forced into action if he isn't ready for it now.

Just a super solid vet. Has lost a step and is a little slow. I think he was known as a locker room guy also. Arnette was kind of a boom or bust prospect. Prince is perfect insurance. As well as being a former round 1 CB mentor. He is like real high end depth basically.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, MonserinNC said:

Just a super solid vet. Has lost a step and is a little slow. I think he was known as a locker room guy also. Arnette was kind of a boom or bust prospect. Prince is perfect insurance. As well as being a former round 1 CB mentor. He is like real high end depth basically.

We've had 0 depth at corner the last few years. That's great.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Really solid signing by the Raiders. I like what they are doing. KC are obviously the clear favorites in the division, but LVR should be able to make some noise and compete for a playoff spot. 

Right now the wildcard is the goal. I would be very pleased with that.

For what it's worth, 90% of what we did in the draft was targeted toward trying to catch up with KC.

35 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Prince is the definition of solid vet...he will give up the plays you expect him too but he will never get totally burned in a game...expect a couple of INTs a season...a couple of quality stops in the run game and then just steady play the rest of the time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

Just a super solid vet. 

Very true.

Has lost a step and is a little slow. 

Not true in the slightest. Even playing through injury last year he wasn't a liability. 

Arnette was kind of a boom or bust prospect.

What? Have you ever watched Arnette play? 

I don't even know what more to say about that comment...

• Like 3