Raiders Sign Prince Amukamara:

MrOaktown_56

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Can you tell me more about the guy? I for one am happy with the addition of a vet a CB. We have Mullen starting outside and rookie Damon Arnette was expected to start opposite, with vet Joyner battlinig rookie Amik Robertson at slot. However Arnette likely won't be forced into action if he isn't ready for it now.

Prefer this signing over Apple and am happy that deal fell through.

2 rookie corners? yikes. have fun watching that

19 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

2 rookie corners? yikes. have fun watching that

I trust Amik's rookie learning curve over Joyner's vet mistakes. He'd be cut had his money not been guaranteed. 

Arnette could be good but having a vet he needs to beat out is better. Mullen did well when not seeing the field ASAP so hoping Arnette produces good results similarly. 

16 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Right now the wildcard is the goal. I would be very pleased with that.

For what it's worth, 90% of what we did in the draft was targeted toward trying to catch up with KC.

I mean speed kills and getting coverage guys is what every team should do. The fastest two offenses in the league last year were the Niners and Chiefs and both made it to the SB. Generating explosive plays offensively and preventing them defensively leads to success. So while it may have been to catch up for KC, it is something they should have done regardless. 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2020 at 11:53 PM, ET80 said:

I remember wanting him over JJ Watt in 2011. I'm incredibly glad Kubiak and Rick Smith didn't listen to me.

I bet Prince wished they had listened to you though so that he didn't have to be bullied and thrown into a ice bath by JPP.  

• Like 1

Really cheap. Fangio and Donatell must have not been interested at all because Prince really wanted to be a Bronco and made no secret about it throughout the offseason. Not much experience in our CB room after Bouye and Callahan so it will be interesting to track Prince vs. whoever our CB3 is this year. 

8 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Really cheap. Fangio and Donatell must have not been interested at all because Prince really wanted to be a Bronco and made no secret about it throughout the offseason. Not much experience in our CB room after Bouye and Callahan so it will be interesting to track Prince vs. whoever our CB3 is this year. 

Is Ojemudia gonna be the guy as a rookie? Because it sure as hell isn't gonna be Yiadom.