Raiders sign CB Prince Amukamara

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Perfect signing for us. I’d be surprised if Arnette is starting week 1 with all that is going on. Feel much better about the spot opposite Mullen with Amukamara now. Hopefully DA is ready to play as soon as possible though. Depth is much improved. 

Mullen was eased in. I don't see why Arnette can't be either. I'm fine with Arnette or Amukamara starting week one. Amukamara is a very reasonable starter. He's not amazing, but he's not bad by any means.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Good signing. Ironically, Amukamara is who I comped Arnette to. Honestly, this makes the Arnette pick look even more awkward.

How so?  We needed a vet CB especially considering our rookie/TC may be cut short.  PA looks like a solid vet signing who will provide good depth.  

• Like 1

From a Bears fan:

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Prince is the definition of solid vet...he will give up the plays you expect him too but he will never get totally burned in a game...expect a couple of INTs a season...a couple of quality stops in the run game and then just steady play the rest of the time.

I guess it makes sense to ease Arnette to starter role. Don’t want him to get burned and shatter his confidence. But if we wasn’t a Day 1 starter at age 24 could have draft a CB with a higher ceiling later like Jaylon. Had to say it, but I’m going stop bashing Arnette. Lawson is a no lock to be in the team with his move, if Nelson/Nixon step up, Lawson could be cut 

Edited by Humble_Beast

Said the same in the "NFL News" sub, but I love this move.

He's a better stopgap than Eli Apple would have been (Apple has more theoretical long term upside, but we drafted Arnette for that), and now we aren't pressured to throwing Arnette to the wolves day 1 if he isn't ready with a limited camp/preseason.

And he's a pro's pro. Has been a solid, steady presence wherever he's been. He's not going to be your ace but he's a solid #2 wherever he's been.

• Like 1