Raiders sign CB Prince Amukamara

RaidersAreOne

On 14/05/2020 at 3:43 PM, G said:

Copy and paste of NTL but followed 53 man post above and removed the extra CB for a vet LB which I think is a must.  Doesn't have to be Burfict but looking at this group and seeing how well he played before suspension makes me think he'd be a good addition to get the D communicating early. Also could see 5 CB's (Lawson or Johnson) if they add a vet DE because Joyner & Randall is more depth at both S/NCB and Muse could play S in an emergency. 

DT looks set unless someone is cut but DE/LB could use a vet and G Jackson could be cut if the right vet is available.

DL - 8 (Crosby, Nassib, Ferrell, Key, Hurst, Hall, Collins, Hankins)

LB - 6 (Littleton, Kwit, Burfict Morrow, Lee, Muse) 

CB - 6 (Mullen, Arnette, Prince, Robertson, Johnson, Lawson)

S - 5 (Randall, Heath, Abram, Harris, Joyner)

I could see this a a mid 1/3rd Defense only bottom 3rd if they lack communication/chemistry and THAT is why I'd welcome back Burfict.

First of all the coaches keep referring to Joyner as a nickel corner so dont know why he's considered a safety in the last couple posts, also i dont think we'll go with just 8 DL. I think we'll go 9 but I personally would go 10 for a better rotation and have one less LB and CB. Its not a popular notion but i could see Johnson getting cut or being put on the PS, I'm pessimistic he could beat out Robertson, Amukamarah or Lawson and Mullen, Joyner and Arnette are locks.

Randall, Heath, Abram, Harris looks pretty average to me unless Abram really steps up....... 

Opening day roster: Mullen, Amukamara, Arnette, Joyner, Robertson, Johnson.

Lawson : suspended. Not counting against the 53.

Week 2, they'll have to make a decision. And that's if the 6 CBs listed are healthy at this point.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:22 AM, Darbsk said:

Its not a popular notion but i could see Johnson getting cut or being put on the PS, I'm pessimistic he could beat out Robertson, Amukamarah or Lawson and Mullen, Joyner and Arnette are locks.

Randall, Heath, Abram, Harris looks pretty average to me unless Abram really steps up....... 

Meh. I think Johnson is a lock to make the team, Mayock and the staff are super high on him and he has all of the tools you look for in a CB. I don't think that Lawson is going to make the final 53, if I had to guess I'd say it'll be Mullen, Arnette, Joyner, Johnson, Robertson, and Prince. I think Lawson and Prince are competing for one roster spot. 

Our safety group and our CB group are both very boom/bust. 

Edited by NYRaider

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. I think Johnson is a lock to make the team, Mayock and the staff are super high on him and he has all of the tools you look for in a CB. I don't think that Lawson is going to make the final 53, if I had to guess I'd say it'll be Mullen, Arnette, Joyner, Johnson, Robertson, and Prince. I think Lawson and Prince are competing for one roster spot. 

We have 13 CBs, not counting Joyner, signed right now.  5 of them if you include Joyner are locks to make the team.  if Joyner had not restructured I think we would have cut him.  Nice problem to have.  We are going to be cutting a few players from last year that started for us.  WR, DB, and LB groups are going to look much better next year.  Still hoping for one more LB signing since we have very little depth unless we run a 4-2-5 as our base defense.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We have 13 CBs, not counting Joyner, signed right now.  5 of them if you include Joyner are locks to make the team.  if Joyner had not restructured I think we would have cut him.  Nice problem to have.  We are going to be cutting a few players from last year that started for us.  WR, DB, and LB groups are going to look much better next year.  Still hoping for one more LB signing since we have very little depth unless we run a 4-2-5 as our base defense.

Definitely. Our CB room is going to be extremely young but it'll be the most athletic, physical, and aggressive group we've had in years. Vic said they didn't really address the LB spot after Kwit and Littleton because they view them both as 3-down players and like Morrow/Lee as depth options. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Definitely. Our CB room is going to be extremely young but it'll be the most athletic, physical, and aggressive group we've had in years. Vic said they didn't really address the LB spot after Kwit and Littleton because they view them both as 3-down players and like Morrow/Lee as depth options. 

Muse, Heath, and Abram can all drop down and play the hybrid role as a 3rd LB also.  I do not know how well that fits Guenther's, Marinelli wink wink, scheme but they have some options.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:31 AM, oakdb36 said:

Opening day roster: Mullen, Amukamara, Arnette, Joyner, Robertson, Johnson.

Lawson : suspended. Not counting against the 53.

Week 2, they'll have to make a decision. And that's if the 6 CBs listed are healthy at this point.

I think Lawson is probably out.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I think Lawson is probably out.

Agreed. Prince will likely start opposite of Mullen and behind them we have a bunch of young guys we just drafted. He has some experience in the system and he's an okay player but I'd rather develop our young guys than have an average backup. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. Prince will likely start opposite of Mullen and behind them we have a bunch of young guys we just drafted. He has some experience in the system and he's an okay player but I'd rather develop our young guys than have an average backup. 

Yeah it makes the most sense...With Arnette and Robertson real threats to take over at some point.

Mullen/Johnson

Prince/Arnette

Joyner/Robertson

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yeah it makes the most sense...With Arnette and Robertson real threats to take over at some point.

Mullen/Johnson

Prince/Arnette

Joyner/Robertson

The player I'm most interested to see this year is Isaiah Johnson. I think that people are sleeping on him and Mayock absolutely loves him. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The player I'm most interested to see this year is Isaiah Johnson. I think that people are sleeping on him and Mayock absolutely loves him. 

I agree.

Press cornerback with imposing combination of size, length and speed, but in need of more work before he is game-ready. Johnson spent his first two seasons at receiver before transitioning over to the defensive side of the ball so there is still room for improvement, but also room for moldable growth. He has Day 1 traits, Day 2 talent and the consistency of a Day 3 corner, but patience and coaching could turn him into a disruptive press corner with starting potential by his second or third season.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's official and we waived CB Nick Nelson. 

At this point Nixon makes the most sense. I think he’s the dime CB of the future. Which means he’ll still get run in 4 corner sets. I like him more than Johnson, though Johnson’s physical skill set gives him more upside in theory.