Week 4 Gameday Thread Steelers @ Ravens

MOSteelers56

This is my first GDT in my way too many years here, so.. JU9dxm5.gif

Where?Image result for ravens stadium Whatever the Ravens call this thing

When?  High Noon - Perfect for a showdown for 1st place in the AFC North

How to watch? http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=4 Maps will update tomorrow(Wednesday the 27th) in the late morning/early afternoon

FOOTBALL ONLY storylines:

Can either team bounce back from embarrassment? The Ravens were blown out by the London Jaguars, the Steelers lost to yet another mediocre team and were gashed with the run.

Can the Steelers' offense figure anything out? The Steelers have one of the most talent laden teams in the NFL, can they figure out how to use it?

What to watch for?

Steelers: 
Can Ben and the offense gel and work together?
Can Ben figure out  how to play on the Road?
Will Bell finally break out?
Will a WR not named Antonio do anything?
How will the defense rebound?
Will Tuitt and Watt play?
Will this be the week Harrison plays substantial snaps?

Ravens:
Can Joe Flacco respond from the savage beatdown and subsequent benching?
Will the, admittedly, scary Ravens defense reach their potential this week?
Can the Ravens establish the Run?
Will Mike Wallace block?

Now for some Random Hotties brought to you by @JDLefebvre

Laurendrainfit30.jpg12276875_784032985039552_949889861_n.jpg

tumblr_of6i85Pq9A1tilve9o1_500.jpg

1 minute ago, August4th said:

can easily say no to the 1st 4 questions about the steelers... fully expecting this game to be a headache ..hope we can squeeze out a win but I'm prepared for the worse.

That's kind of what I'm expecting too. The Bears game has crushed my optimism for the year. I hope we rebound in a big way to disprove this notion, but I can easily see it not going that way.

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That's kind of what I'm expecting too. The Bears game has crushed my optimism for the year. I hope we rebound in a big way to disprove this notion, but I can easily see it not going that way.

honestly would feel the same way if we blew out chi 45-10... for whatever reason our offense ALWAYS goes ghost against the ravens in B-more. Tommy maddox is the last steelers QB to win a early sunday game in Baltimore.... it's hell watching the steelers play in that stadium during the daytime lol

5 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Is this real life? I never realized it's been that bad.

yes... we've had better success playing primetime night games there... it's odd we can hang with them with batch/dixon starting in games in that atmosphere at night but get blown off the door with ben or lose to them when they had mallet with half the team on IR in a early Sunday game .. I DON'T GET IT.. part of me thinks it makes a difference the time of day they play there lol

Chickillo is our best OLB right now, so he plays every down  or should. Harrison will spell Dupree once in a while. Harrison is being preserved for the (cough?) playoffs O.o

This could be a game of 2 over rated teams as well.

Btw, is that link to watch the game free and decent quality?

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Chickillo is our best OLB right now, so he plays every down  or should. Harrison will spell Dupree once in a while. Harrison is being preserved for the (cough?) playoffs O.o

I think Dupree and Watt are much better options than Chick. In no way am I putting Chick down, but he is not starter quality. 

17 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think Dupree and Watt are much better options than Chick. In no way am I putting Chick down, but he is not starter quality. 

That and Dupree has been seeing a ton of chips and outside of Hargrave is the only reliable guy to get pressure.

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Chick has showed a lot this year.  Definitely taken a big step forward.  Dupree looked promising but still hasn't figured it all out yet.  Gotta get James in for a few snaps every game just to keep him fresh.  And heck, even Moats looked pretty good in the preseason.  If we get Watt back healthy, I like the group we have this year.  

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

This is my first GDT in my way too many years here, so.. JU9dxm5.gif

Where?Image result for ravens stadium Whatever the Ravens call this thing

When?  High Noon - Perfect for a showdown for 1st place in the AFC North

How to watch? http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=4 Maps will update tomorrow(Wednesday the 27th) in the late morning/early afternoon

FOOTBALL ONLY storylines:

Can either team bounce back from embarrassment? The Ravens were blown out by the London Jaguars, the Steelers lost to yet another mediocre team and were gashed with the run.

Can the Steelers' offense figure anything out? The Steelers have one of the most talent laden teams in the NFL, can they figure out how to use it?

What to watch for?

Steelers: 
Can Ben and the offense gel and work together?
Can Ben figure out  how to play on the Road?
Will Bell finally break out?
Will a WR not named Antonio do anything?
How will the defense rebound?
Will Tuitt and Watt play?
Will this be the week Harrison plays substantial snaps?

Ravens:
Can Joe Flacco respond from the savage beatdown and subsequent benching?
Will the, admittedly, scary Ravens defense reach their potential this week?
Can the Ravens establish the Run?
Will Mike Wallace block?

Now for some Random Hotties brought to you by @JDLefebvre

Good work MO, but you should select your own hotties.  Put YOUR stamp on this thing.  

Chickillo has been our best OLB?    Because all I see is a guy who cant  get near the QB unless he is unblocked and a guy who is god awful in run support.     

The less he is on the field, the better.   

The Chickillo love is another example of Steeler fans getting overly excited about a player who has played AVERAGE but his play is better than expected. He's had some splash plays and applied decent pressure at times but has gotten lost in the trash a lot more often (especially on Run downs). I get it tho. It's nice to see a guy progress but I think his abilities are being exaggerated.

Well said @FourThreeMafia and @Chieferific.  Far too often do people get excited over a backup quality player not being a complete disaster.  That's what week 1 was for Chick.  Since then he's been quite forgettable out there on the field, and if it weren't for the fact that he was on the bug on the windshield of the Bears OLine mack truck I bet a bunch of us would forget he was out there.

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Well said @FourThreeMafia and @Chieferific.  Far too often do people get excited over a backup quality player not being a complete disaster.  That's what week 1 was for Chick.  Since then he's been quite forgettable out there on the field, and if it weren't for the fact that he was on the bug on the windshield of the Bears OLine mack truck I bet a bunch of us would forget he was out there.

Personally, I didnt think he was anything special in week one either.   Outside of 2 free runs at a rookie QB who held the ball too long and a punt block recovery in the endzone, what did he really do in week one?    

And believe me, no one would like to believe Chickillo has improved into a quality OLB more than me....but I dont see it.  

Archived