Gaining some LBs

Danger

On 5/21/2020 at 9:08 AM, eagles18 said:

Zach Thomas ran a 4.85 40 yard dash and he had an excellent career. Yes, speed is important but instinct and timing is more important. 

right and popular opinion was he wouldn't be good in the nfl because of his athletic ability. Outliers aren't good arguments.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 1:40 AM, ninjapirate said:

right and popular opinion was he wouldn't be good in the nfl because of his athletic ability. Outliers aren't good arguments.

Joe Schobert is a pretty good LB and his athletic profile is very similiar to TJ Edwards

Just now, byrdbrane said:

Saying the same bull**** doesn't make for good rebuttals 

You didn't make a compelling or interesting new counter argument. You just added a second name in the past two decades like that somehow isn't an outlier. I have nothing against edwards but he is what he is a role player. 

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

You didn't make a compelling or interesting new counter argument. You just added a second name in the past two decades like that somehow isn't an outlier. I have nothing against edwards but he is what he is a role player. 

Not compelling because it doesnt fit your narrative. Taking tackles as a barometer- of the top 10 tackle leaders- 9 are are LB and of those 9- 8 have a combine profiles-  4 of the players have very similiar profiles to TJ- I dont see tackle leaders on any team as just role players. I am not saying TJ is a pro bowler but he is definitely more than a role player

Edited by byrdbrane

3 minutes ago, byrdbrane said:

Not compelling because it doesnt fit your narrative. Taking tackles as a barometer- of the top 10 tackle leaders- 9 are are LB and of those 9- 8 have a combine profiles-  4 of the players have very similiar profiles to TJ- I dont see tackle leaders on any team as just role players. I am not saying TJ is a pro bowler but he is definitely more than a role player

You think he wont leave the field in obvious passing situations? Do you not know what a role player means?

Edited by ninjapirate

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

You think he wont leave the field in obivous passing situations? Do you not know what a role player means?

No- I dont think its obvious because he can cover RB- I dont have  sample size on whether he can cover TE well enough but think what you want-

1 minute ago, byrdbrane said:

No- I dont think its obvious because he can cover RB- I dont have  sample size on whether he can cover TE well enough but think what you want-

the eagles the team this forums fanbase is about runs a lot of dime packages with 1 linebacker and i assure you it won't be edwards. 

I like TJ Edwards and am excited to see what he can do, but I wouldn't be against bringing in someone else for that spot either. I think Edwards going undrafted in 2019 was very questionable, he was a guy I was familiar with at Wisconsin and thought he could have been as high as a 4th-5th round pick.