Rams release New Uniforms

ttitansfan4life

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The numbers on the white unis look like stick-ons. Why are they so shiny looking?

Just the material they used. Meant to look reflective in certain settings.

Even as someone who likes the jerseys, the numbers/font are just something I'm not a fan of. Hoping they grow on me. 

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think you have a persecution complex. 

Those jerseys are trash. The rest of those things you were pretty much praised for. Sean McVay praise was so nauseating 2 years ago the NFL is still recovering from it. 

I think you meant to say 'recency bias". Sean McVay might be the only thing we were praised for. The last year and specifically last 3 months has been a bashfeast on all major sports networks and social media pundits for their approach. Not sure what you're talking about "rest of those things you were praised for".

The jerseys are trash to you. A majority of Rams fans are digging them and tbh, that's all that matters. The organization isn't selling jerseys to other fan bases so keep the hate coming; might drive our lines down some more and make me some money later this season ;)

57 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think you meant to say 'recency bias". Sean McVay might be the only thing we were praised for. The last year and specifically last 3 months has been a bashfeast on all major sports networks and social media pundits for their approach. Not sure what you're talking about "rest of those things you were praised for".

The jerseys are trash to you. A majority of Rams fans are digging them and tbh, that's all that matters. The organization isn't selling jerseys to other fan bases so keep the hate coming; might drive our lines down some more and make me some money later this season ;)

IDK man, maybe a lot of Rams fans on this site. On twitter, I've seen a lot of Rams fans that aren't digging them, but basically say they have no choice but to accept them (which is true). I'd say it's about a 60/40 split in favor of them from what I've seen on social media. That's not great for a new product release.

Biggest thing to me is that Kroenke and NFL are trying to grow the LA Rams into a global brand like we see currently with franchises like the Steelers, Patriots, Raiders, Cowboys. You go across the pond and you can see people wearing these teams gear. While a lot of that has to do with success, there are a lot of casual fans that buy the merch just based off the style or iconic symbols. I think the Rams have done a disservice by changing both the logo and the jerseys (neither which are great changes either IMO and seems to be the common theme amongst the majority of football fans). We all know locally and the die hard fan base will still buy the merch, but will it impact their reach beyond those markets positively or negatively? That's the question to me and I don't think it's going to help...

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm not a huge fan of all the changes made. I do not particularly like the font of the numbers. I do not understand the bone on bone pants combo, I'd rather see yellow pants with those jerseys. I actually like the patches on the right side and the small, blatant stich panel similar to the Union/LA Jordan 1 combination. The Rams had more jerseys to release, but are likely waiting until next season when you can have different helmet shells. You think certain teams that had a jersey release this year came out with 3-5 different jerseys (Chargers, Falcons, Bucs) and the Rams only had 2? So yes, certain things can be explained. We will likely see a yellow jersey in 2021 and the superbowl jerseys we wore in 1999 will likely be our new throwback. So going to a "bone" color allows us to differentiate and sell more jerseys.

People only fawned over the Chargers jerseys(they came out good) and they loved the Bucs because....they went back to the old jersey. To a T almost. Proving that people do not like what is new. Atlanta got roasted for trying something new, Jets were roasted, and so on.

The Rams since moving back to LA have been bashed for having a young coach, bashed for their approach with 1st round picks and playing the comp pick game, blasted for being overly aggressive in FA and trades (Jalen Ramsey, Watkins, Cooks, Peters, Suh), destroyed for how they handled Gurley even though the average fan doesn't know his knee is completely shot, bashed for not having any draft picks this year, but in reality they came away with 9 lol 

Yes, I think it is fashionable to $hit on the Rams likely because of being in a big market and the attention they get from the media along with their different approach to building a contender vs. the traditional sense. 

I personally never had a problem with the Jets' new unis.  There's a huge difference between trying something new and trying something unorthodox and not visually appealing.  I was a huge fan of the Dickerson Rams and liked those uniforms.  These uniforms...with gradient numbers (which have been shown to be unpopular in the past) and neon yellow are not just "trying something new."  They are trying something that have shown to be rather unpopular in the past.  Neon yellow and gradient numbers seem like something out of the WFL in the 1970s.  The only thing that was attempted that was rational was the changing of the logo on the helmet, but even that has an issue that I pointed out in a previous post.  All in all, it's an awful change...the better option would have been to go back and modernize the old LA Rams unis and update the helmet horn better than they did.  That would have been trying something new, while retaining the semblance of tradition.  

24 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I personally never had a problem with the Jets' new unis.  There's a huge difference between trying something new and trying something unorthodox and not visually appealing.  I was a huge fan of the Dickerson Rams and liked those uniforms.  These uniforms...with gradient numbers (which have been shown to be unpopular in the past) and neon yellow are not just "trying something new."  They are trying something that have shown to be rather unpopular in the past.  Neon yellow and gradient numbers seem like something out of the WFL in the 1970s.  The only thing that was attempted that was rational was the changing of the logo on the helmet, but even that has an issue that I pointed out in a previous post.  All in all, it's an awful change...the better option would have been to go back and modernize the old LA Rams unis and update the helmet horn better than they did.  That would have been trying something new, while retaining the semblance of tradition.  

It's not neon yellow. Studio shots that were loaded onto NFL.com and Fanatics do look that way, but it looks diff on players in more live action setting. Videos the team posted of RObert Woods and Cooper Kupp show this. However, if it was neon yellow, I agree that would be ugly.

The gradient on the numbers look good to me. Full gradient like Jacksonville and ATL I can see why others would think are ugly. 

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

I guess....what? Why the need to change the uni's at all? To give the "new market team" a new look? Stagnate jersey sales? 
Not a fan of the design. Glad my team doesnt suffer from this "every 5 year" urge.

To sell more jerseys. That is all. Reverting back to previous versions will have people buying in secondary market on Ebay and Poshmark. It's really to market to kids IMO