Rams release New Uniforms

ttitansfan4life

Its a clean, fresh, modern look. Rams have been a pioneer franchise throughout their history. First to put a logo on their helmet, first to televise games, first to break color barrier, first scouting system, I didn't expect them to sit on their hand now. Kroenke build SoFi, its Rams fingerprints all over it. Chargers uniforms have always been the prettiest, but they are tenants in SoFi, Rams will always be top dog in LA. Rams just gotta win, and fans will love the uniforms.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Eric Dickerson vs this incarnation of the LA Rams...name a better rivalry I’ll wait

I stopped taking him seriously when he was pushing to bench Goff in his rookie year for Sean Mannion.

He can say what he wants to about the jerseys, but trashing the helmets is just dumb. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

The jerseys are trash to you. A majority of Rams fans are digging them and tbh, that's all that matters. The organization isn't selling jerseys to other fan bases so keep the hate coming; might drive our lines down some more and make me some money later this season ;)

I read through this same thread in your forum and it certainly doesn't seem like the majority of you were digging them. 

27 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I read through this same thread in your forum and it certainly doesn't seem like the majority of you were digging them. 

Basing it off feedback and some polls I'm seeing on twitter. Larger pool of information. Rams forum may be 40-50 posters, tops.

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Basing it off feedback and some polls I'm seeing on twitter. Larger pool of information. Rams forum may be 40-50 posters, tops.

Well there's always going to be some confirmation bias present in those situations. Fans WANT to like them, so they convince themselves of it. I have a really hard time believing that the majority of people being objective would prefer these uniforms to some alternative options that may have otherwise been in consideration. 

1 minute ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Well there's always going to be some confirmation bias present in those situations. Fans WANT to like them, so they convince themselves of it. I have a really hard time believing that the majority of people being objective would prefer these uniforms to some alternative options that may have otherwise been in consideration. 

oh 100%, but objectivity and fandom do not go hand in hand. Truth is, we won't know the alternative options and I could care less about other fan bases like/disliking the Rams uniforms. There are certain things I don't like about them (number font), but as a general rule of thumb, people dislike new/different more often then not. The Rams had one of the best throwback jerseys in football and they were the last team to release, by those factors alone the bar was going to be set high and disapproval was almost imminent. If someone came to me and offered me a bet, "Do you think the overall reception of the Rams Jersey release would be positive or negative?" before even seeing the jerseys, I would have bet my entire 401K on 'negative'. 

I do truly believe that once people see them on the field and in action they will look different then the NFLShop website and certain studio pictures taken.

25 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The Rams had one of the best throwback jerseys in football and they were the last team to release, by those factors alone the bar was going to be set high and disapproval was almost imminent.

I just don't know how true this is. The truth is, most fans appreciate the simplicity of jerseys. I'm pretty sure gradient numbering has a 0% success rate so I'm not sure what they were thinking there. The gimmicky name tag on the chest is also just trying too hard. I think the issue here is that Nike had years to come up with a new concept and were likely pushed to innovate beyond what actually resonates with fans. 

The blue on yellow jersey actually looks great if not for the really soft number font and gradient design. The helmet redesign seems to be accepted by most as a really nice modernized edition of an old-school logo, so I don't think it's as simple as bah-humbug all things change.