Rams release New Uniforms

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Eric Dickerson vs this incarnation of the LA Rams...name a better rivalry I’ll wait

Must suck to have maybe your franchise's best player ever just constantly taking a dump on the franchise. 

He ain't wrong about the uniforms though. Does seem kind of soft. Feels like the number font is saying "Surfs up dude!!!"

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I just don't know how true this is. The truth is, most fans appreciate the simplicity of jerseys. I'm pretty sure gradient numbering has a 0% success rate so I'm not sure what they were thinking there. The gimmicky name tag on the chest is also just trying too hard. I think the issue here is that Nike had years to come up with a new concept and were likely pushed to innovate beyond what actually resonates with fans. 

The name tag/stitch part of the patch struck me as fashion inspired. Theres a LA fashion brand called Union LA that came up with a Jordan 1 rendition that has this similar trademark of the blatant stitching. LA is known for fashion and being trendy so I get it. I don't expect the average MidWest football fan to get it, but again, that's not who they're trying to appeal to, so who cares?

The gradient jerseys I think are a fail, but the gradient numbers look like a sunset and ties into the Cali/beach vibe. To repeat, if you're not into the Rams and LA, this is not for you.

25 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

The blue on yellow jersey actually looks great if not for the really soft number font and gradient design. The helmet redesign seems to be accepted by most as a really nice modernized edition of an old-school logo, so I don't think it's as simple as bah-humbug all things change. 

The helmet is the only thing that closely resembles the previous uniform lmao thank you bringing that up. Continuing to prove, that people do not like change. The only thing that a consensus of people do like about the new uniform is the ONE thing that looks like the old uniform :D

Edited by BStanRamFan

24 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The name tag/stitch part of the patch struck me as fashion inspired. Theres a LA fashion brand called Union LA that came up with a Jordan 1 rendition that has this similar trademark of the blatant stitching. LA is known for fashion and being trendy so I get it. I don't expect the average MidWest football fan to get it, but again, that's not who they're trying to appeal to, so who cares?

The gradient jerseys I think are a fail, but the gradient numbers look like a sunset and ties into the Cali/beach vibe. To repeat, if you're not into the Rams and LA, this is not for you.

The helmet is the only thing that closely resembles the previous uniform lmao thank you bringing that up. Continuing to prove, that people do not like change. The only thing that a consensus of people do like about the new uniform is the ONE thing that looks like the old uniform :D

You’re definitely drinking the koolaid.

16 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Now you're just picking and choosing what fits your narrative. The helmet is obviously different. It's a rather big change for a franchise that has seemingly maintained one helmet design throughout their 74-year existence. It's a shining example of people being open to change when it isn't gimmicky. 

Speaking to LA fashion trends and Cali beach vibes on your uniform is gimmicky as hell for a long-tenured franchise that is trying to be seen as a global brand. If that isn't making sense, I'm happy to agree to disagree. 

9 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

You’re definitely drinking the koolaid.

Shaken, not stirred.

8 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Now you're just picking and choosing what fits your narrative. The helmet is obviously different. It's a rather big change for a franchise that has seemingly maintained one helmet design throughout their 74-year existence. It's a shining example of people being open to change when it isn't gimmicky. 

Speaking to LA fashion trends and Cali beach vibes on your uniform is gimmicky as hell for a long-tenured franchise that is trying to be seen as a global brand. If that isn't making sense, I'm happy to agree to disagree. 

My narrative is that people, on average, have not liked new/different jerseys. The only new jerseys that were overwhelmingly accepted that were new AND different were the Chargers. And I agree they were done well. The Bucs were liked, but are a replica of the old jerseys. The Browns were liked, but also not new at all. The Falcons were hated and Jets were hated last year for being completely different. Colts and Pats were minor changes not worth lumping in with the others.

LA in and of itself is gimmicky. The NFL will likely be changing more jerseys as time goes on so trying new things is going to be common place. It sells more stuff and that's the NFL's goal at the end of day. Happy to disagree. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Basing it off feedback and some polls I'm seeing on twitter. Larger pool of information. Rams forum may be 40-50 posters, tops.

I would guarantee that forum posters are lot smarter than those on Twitter and I'd trust their opinions far more than those on the Twitterverse.  The great majority of those on Twitter are ill-informed hacks who probably think the Jaguars two-tone helmets were "sick."

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Shaken, not stirred.

My narrative is that people, on average, have not liked new/different jerseys. The only new jerseys that were overwhelmingly accepted that were new AND different were the Chargers. And I agree they were done well. The Bucs were liked, but are a replica of the old jerseys. The Browns were liked, but also not new at all. The Falcons were hated and Jets were hated last year for being completely different. Colts and Pats were minor changes not worth lumping in with the others.

LA in and of itself is gimmicky. The NFL will likely be changing more jerseys as time goes on so trying new things is going to be common place. It sells more stuff and that's the NFL's goal at the end of day. Happy to disagree. 

The problem with is you’re confusing going to traditional as the reason people like those changes (Bucs, Browns, etc). people didn’t like those changes specifically because they went back to tradition for tradition sake. The teams sure as hell didn’t go back because of some sense of tradition. The team went back because these “traditional uniforms” were popular in their time and have remained so since. Point in case: what if a team made a change for tradition that was general agreed to be aesthetically less pleasing? What if the Packers went to their throwbacks for new uniforms? The Broncos to their dirt and mustard? The Bears to their fairly iconic white C? Even more recent things like the Vikings and their Favre era uniforms? The majority would hate all of these even if they’re traditional, and in some cases iconic. The real reason the move back to traditional uniforms are made is because those uniforms were proven to be popular. If they weren’t popular, the move to said uniforms wouldn’t be made. 

Case in point: it’s not about tradition, it’s about what’s proven to be popular.

And the Rams went down their own path. They created a new uniform that included things of the exact opposite nature (gradients). And we don’t need to get into why you think it will look good on the Rams, we have already done that. And there are other things, too. These helmet admittedly look nice in marketing stills. But they have the same effect that Baylor and Louisville have that make viewers mock them as Christmas ornaments. Again, proven to be unpopular. 

The point is: the Rams are choosing to forgo what has been popular for what has been unpopular.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Must suck to have maybe your franchise's best player ever just constantly taking a dump on the franchise. 

He ain't wrong about the uniforms though. Does seem kind of soft. Feels like the number font is saying "Surfs up dude!!!"

Deacon Jones is the greatest Ram ever. But still love ED. I take most of what he says as that’s just ED being ED. He’s an outspoken BS artist. He hates on a lot of stuff that Rams management does. But he’s always happy when they send him a check. 

• Like 1

At first look, I couldn't help but laugh at how awful these new uniforms are, but after taking another look today, it would be a travesty if whoever designed this uniform wasn't fired lol. I'd be furious if the Saints ever designed anything remotely similar to this, and wouldn't be caught dead wearing it in public. Hopefully for the fans sake it's just a 1 year snafu for the Rams and they put something better out next year as this offseason has already been bad enough for them.

Edited by tyler735

Funny part will be when all the other teams join.

The Rams and Falcons were the two guinea pigs for how jerseys are going to be designed in the future (they are the only two that completely redesigned theirs this year). It's foolish to think that other teams will be able to stay out of what the NFL has in mind for their future, whether it be gradients, name tags, advertisements, etc. Now there are some aspects that I don't like (ie the bright yellow on a bone jersey, the LA theme over the Rams theme), but a lot of the criticisms seem more towards the way that the NFL wants to take jerseys as opposed to the actual Rams uniforms. 

8 minutes ago, JonStark said:

It's foolish to think that other teams will be able to stay out of what the NFL has in mind for their future, whether it be gradients, name tags, advertisements, etc.

The advertisement patch part I get, the Major leagues seem destined to go that route. But how does making an aesthetically unappealing, “futuristic” jersey help the NFL? 

28 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Funny part will be when all the other teams join.

The Rams and Falcons were the two guinea pigs for how jerseys are going to be designed in the future (they are the only two that completely redesigned theirs this year). It's foolish to think that other teams will be able to stay out of what the NFL has in mind for their future, whether it be gradients, name tags, advertisements, etc. Now there are some aspects that I don't like (ie the bright yellow on a bone jersey, the LA theme over the Rams theme), but a lot of the criticisms seem more towards the way that the NFL wants to take jerseys as opposed to the actual Rams uniforms. 

Why do you believe it was NFL mandated to take the jerseys this direction?

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Why do you believe it was NFL mandated to take the jerseys this direction?

Mainly because of the Nike partnership. I was listening to a Rams podcast that basically said the Rams and Falcons were the first two to completely revamp their primaries since the NFL and Nike came together, and somehow those are the only two that took the jerseys in a completely different way. I don't think it's outlandish to say that more teams will follow in the coming years.

That being said, they'll still probably look a little better than ours, but I really think that's because of the teams mindset of taking the team to the LA theme. I don't think all of the new additions are going to be limited to just the Rams. 

Edited by JonStark