Rams release New Uniforms

ttitansfan4life

8 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Seems weird to me that they wouldn't just own half each, like the Giants/Jets do at MetLife. 

Kroenke's 4-5x richer than Spanos. With the total price of SoFi it wouldn't make sense to split it.

It's a giant flex by Kroenke. If he was looking to save $ he would have tried to get the stadium taxpayer funded.

The only element that irks me is the patch on front, especially on the aways. Seems like an overly trendy element for an NFL uniform.

These definitely have a soccer feel to them. The patch, the number font, the multi-textured numbers, and the home and aways being very different by NFL standards. I imagine LA has a large soccer fanbase so maybe some of these elements appeal to that group.

This is terrible. Those grey things look like some cheap t-shirt knock off you buy from a guy on the side of the road outside a stadium. How on earth did the Rams come up with that mess? The helmet is fine the segmented horn will grow on me. The colors of the blue yellow is perfect but what kind of clown ok'd that font and the gradient? Is it so hard to just touch up the classic? We had one of the best uniforms in the league and they changed it to this joke.

1575870734_0ap3000001086088_video_cp.jpg

That's a great uniform and it's gone now. 

24 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Kroenke's 4-5x richer than Spanos. With the total price of SoFi it wouldn't make sense to split it.

It's a giant flex by Kroenke. If he was looking to save $ he would have tried to get the stadium taxpayer funded.

Also, important to note that neither Arsenal, the Nuggets, or Lambs have won a title under Kroenke ownership. In fact, his teams have only ever won 1 title (Avalanche in 2001).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

This is terrible. Those grey things look like some cheap t-shirt knock off you buy from a guy on the side of the road outside a stadium. How on earth did the Rams come up with that mess? The helmet is fine the segmented horn will grow on me. The colors of the blue yellow is perfect but what kind of clown ok'd that font and the gradient? Is it so hard to just touch up the classic? We had one of the best uniforms in the league and they changed it to this joke.

1575870734_0ap3000001086088_video_cp.jpg

That's a great uniform and it's gone now. 

Real talk for a second, because I feel like there is common ground between us in this.

I don't hate the Rams trying to do something different. Admittedly, it'd be kind of nice to change the uniforms from what they had in St. Louis to give that it's own legacy. At the same time, the Rams had a classic look. They could take the old school blue and yellow, or even the newer blue and gold ones that were pretty good to and just ride that look until the wheels fall off. Nobody would bat an eye.

But they keep trying to modernize the new look while simultaneously holding on to the classic Rams brand just gives you this half-committed, identity-less thing. You're either rebranding or your not. It reminds me of the Ron Swanson quote "don't half *** two things, whole *** one thing". The Rams half assed two things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Also, important to note that neither Arsenal, the Nuggets, or Lambs have won a title under Kroenke ownership. In fact, his teams have only ever won 1 title (Avalanche in 2001).

How is any of that relevant lol? It's reasonable that most Rams fan don't care about any of those teams.

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Real talk for a second, because I feel like there is common ground between us in this.

I don't hate the Rams trying to do something different. Admittedly, it'd be kind of nice to change the uniforms from what they had in St. Louis to give that it's own legacy. At the same time, the Rams had a classic look. They could take the old school blue and yellow, or even the newer blue and gold ones that were pretty good to and just ride that look until the wheels fall off. Nobody would bat an eye.

But they keep trying to modernize the new look while simultaneously holding on to the classic Rams brand just gives you this half-committed, identity-less thing. You're either rebranding or your not. It reminds me of the Ron Swanson quote "don't half *** two things, whole *** one thing". The Rams half assed two things.

I understand the rebranding and have no problem with it really. I'll never get that grey thing though how in the world does somebody on the Rams look at that and see a Rams uniform is beyond me. Add to that the white and pale yellow horn around the shoulder it looks like a really bad attempt at copying one of Oregon's crazy uniforms and they just went basic and plain on it and to me it doesn't work. 

They really could have reworked in little ways the uniform like I linked with the segmented horns and some minor tweaks but this to me just goes too overboard especially with the gradient and the font. What really is setting people off is they kept talking it up as honoring tradition and just modernizing it and they took one of the best uniforms and to a lot of us made it a comic book look. After the logo's this just pushed some over the edge. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm not going to say I love them but I don't understand all the hate. The logo is significantly worse than the unis and speculation was the unis would be even worse. 

I agree, the helmet is awful.  It looks like someone just took a stencil and drew it on.  As far as the jerseys, they aren't good either...but I think the neon yellow makes it all even worse.

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

I understand the rebranding and have no problem with it really. I'll never get that grey thing though how in the world does somebody on the Rams look at that and see a Rams uniform is beyond me. Add to that the white and pale yellow horn around the shoulder it looks like a really bad attempt at copying one of Oregon's crazy uniforms and they just went basic and plain on it and to me it doesn't work. 

They really could have reworked in little ways the uniform like I linked with the segmented horns and some minor tweaks but this to me just goes too overboard especially with the gradient and the font. What really is setting people off is they kept talking it up as honoring tradition and just modernizing it and they took one of the best uniforms and to a lot of us made it a comic book look. After the logo's this just pushed some over the edge. 

I think the reason it looks "Oregon-y" (is that a word - I'm going with it) is because there isn't a core identity that makes you think "oh that's what the uniform is". Once you start looking at the fonts and stripes, it's over. Are you the Rams (who happened to move to LA) or are you the new LA football team (which happens to be the Rams)?

It feels like you're trying to be both and you end up with something that isn't LA or Rams.

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Gonna be honest, the away ones look pretty sweet here. Image may contain: one or more people

The white outline stripes on the pants (in the context of the rest of the pants/socks) are the single worst thing I’ve ever seen on any sports uniform.

Also, I agree the helmets do look very nice as a stand-alone, but it’s very gaudy for a player to wear. It’s luster is reminiscent of the Louisville Christmas ornament helmets.

There are a lot of other amateurish details, but it seems most have been mentioned.