Rams release New Uniforms

ttitansfan4life

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I agree, the helmet is awful.  It looks like someone just took a stencil and drew it on.  As far as the jerseys, they aren't good either...but I think the neon yellow makes it all even worse.

Plus, I should point out that they have to potential to alienate an entire religious group by putting an identifying symbol on their helmet.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

These are the worst jerseys I have ever seen in professional sports.  

Whoever made these uniforms needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, that's how terrible these uniforms are.  

I mean, everything is wrong.  Everything!  

The helmets are too modernized, the numbers are disgusting, the white away jerseys are atrocious.  

And, what's up with the "RAMS" decal on the chest?  It looks almost exactly like they pulled that from Dodge.  

I'm not even a Los Angeles fan, and I'm ticked off.  

I mean, I was planning on getting an Aaron Donald jersey.  Not now.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

These are the worst jerseys I have ever seen in professional sports.  

Whoever made these uniforms needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, that's how terrible these uniforms are.  

I mean, everything is wrong.  Everything!  

The helmets are too modernized, the numbers are disgusting, the white away jerseys are atrocious.  

And, what's up with the "RAMS" decal on the chest?  It looks almost exactly like they pulled that from Dodge.  

I'm not even a Los Angeles fan, and I'm ticked off.  

I mean, I was planning on getting an Aaron Donald jersey.  Not now.  

lmfao thank you for this. I hope this comment gets ALOT of likes.

It shows the amount of hyperbole and overall cringeworthy comments I've seen around the Rams jerseys today. 

It's OK to say, "Ehh not my cup of tea. I'm not a fan". But to go to the lengths that you just did to describe what you think of the jerseys validates my suspicion that people would of hated them no matter what, people generally dislike anything new or different, and that it's fun to hate on the Rams across the board. I cannot thank you enough for this post.

Edited by BStanRamFan

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

lmfao thank you for this. I hope this comment gets ALOT of likes.

It shows the amount of hyperbole and overall cringeworthy comments I've seen around the Rams jerseys today. 

It's OK to say, "Ehh not my cup of tea. I'm not a fan". But to go to the lengths that you just did to describe what you think of the jerseys validates my suspicion that people would of hated them no matter what, people generally dislike anything new or different, and that it's fun to hate on the Rams across the board. I cannot thank you enough for this post.

lol desperation. 

You can’t explain away those pant stripes on the away uniforms.

You can’t explain away that jersey patch.

People don’t hate everything that is new. People here fawned over some of the other uniform changes this year. People like to hate on the Rams? Why should anyone care to do that?

45 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think the reason it looks "Oregon-y" (is that a word - I'm going with it) is because there isn't a core identity that makes you think "oh that's what the uniform is". Once you start looking at the fonts and stripes, it's over. Are you the Rams (who happened to move to LA) or are you the new LA football team (which happens to be the Rams)?

It feels like you're trying to be both and you end up with something that isn't LA or Rams.

And because this isn't the Rams that's where they lost me. I don't care about LA the city I just happen to be a fan of their teams in large part because when I was younger I spent a lot of summers down there as a kid with family. I never lived there and never will, same with St Louis. Pat describes this pretty well for me.

38 minutes ago, Duluther said:

lol desperation. 

You can’t explain away those pant stripes on the away uniforms.

You can’t explain away that jersey patch.

People don’t hate everything that is new. People here fawned over some of the other uniform changes this year. People like to hate on the Rams? Why should anyone care to do that?

I'm not a huge fan of all the changes made. I do not particularly like the font of the numbers. I do not understand the bone on bone pants combo, I'd rather see yellow pants with those jerseys. I actually like the patches on the right side and the small, blatant stich panel similar to the Union/LA Jordan 1 combination. The Rams had more jerseys to release, but are likely waiting until next season when you can have different helmet shells. You think certain teams that had a jersey release this year came out with 3-5 different jerseys (Chargers, Falcons, Bucs) and the Rams only had 2? So yes, certain things can be explained. We will likely see a yellow jersey in 2021 and the superbowl jerseys we wore in 1999 will likely be our new throwback. So going to a "bone" color allows us to differentiate and sell more jerseys.

People only fawned over the Chargers jerseys(they came out good) and they loved the Bucs because....they went back to the old jersey. To a T almost. Proving that people do not like what is new. Atlanta got roasted for trying something new, Jets were roasted, and so on.

The Rams since moving back to LA have been bashed for having a young coach, bashed for their approach with 1st round picks and playing the comp pick game, blasted for being overly aggressive in FA and trades (Jalen Ramsey, Watkins, Cooks, Peters, Suh), destroyed for how they handled Gurley even though the average fan doesn't know his knee is completely shot, bashed for not having any draft picks this year, but in reality they came away with 9 lol 

Yes, I think it is fashionable to $hit on the Rams likely because of being in a big market and the attention they get from the media along with their different approach to building a contender vs. the traditional sense. 

Edited by BStanRamFan