Rams release New Uniforms

ttitansfan4life

2 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Helmet is nice but the jerseys are trash

I was just gonna say on closer look the helmet horn swirl is a pretty nice looking update. Especially with the cut-in at 1/3 the length, which I think plays up the rule of thirds nicely. Still, what would have been better would be if they extended the inner swirl to curl in more past the ear hole like on the original design. 

I thought they were going to use that new atrocious LA logo that is on hats now. 

• Like 1

Just now, LeotheLion said:

I don't like the font so idk. With the whole re-branding, the most important thing to me was the colors. And they nailed them. The 2000 STL re-branding was a disaster with the navy and gold.

I thought the navy and gold were great. Had to get away from blue and yellow with the change of location.

1 minute ago, LARams91 said:

I thought the navy and gold were great. Had to get away from blue and yellow with the change of location.

I think they only changed colors because they won the Super Bowl/had a great season. They kept the same colors for 5 years in STL before the change. 

Edited by PapaShogun

Just now, PapaShogun said:

I think they only changed colors because they won the Super Bowl/had a great season. They kept the same colors for 5 years before the change. 

Partly, but it also takes time to change jerseys in the NFL. Hence why the Rams have been in LA for 3-4 years without new jerseys.

3 minutes ago, LARams91 said:

Partly, but it also takes time to change jerseys in the NFL. Hence why the Rams have been in LA for 3-4 years without new jerseys.

Remember when the Oilers were nomads in Tennessee for 2 years before getting new uniforms in year 3 along with a new name? :)

But yes, I understand your point. Rams changed everything after 1999 though. Not just the uniforms, but the official text, and logo. 

Edited by PapaShogun

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Remember when the Oilers were nomads in Tennessee for 2 years before getting new uniforms in year 3 along with a new name? :)

But yes, I understand your point. Rams changed everything after 1999 though. Not just the uniforms, but the official text, and logo. 

The Rams this same exact thing this year, after 2019, after winning "would have made the playoffs in 2020". 

Awful. 

They could've not changed, gone back to a classic look, or even brought back the blue and gold look. Any of them I actually liked.

These? These are gross beyond comprehension. What's with these new ones looking like AFL jerseys? 

They're up there with my hatred of Seattle's, Tampa's recent old ones, and the Saints all gold alternate. 🤮

• Like 1

What I said on the Rams board:

I know there's a lot of fans in LA, but the rebrand is 100% focused on the city and not the Rams. These jerseys would've been awesome as alternates, just like the LA logo is fine for the alternate, but the main focus needs to be the Rams. 

24 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't like the font so idk. With the whole re-branding, the most important thing to me was the colors. And they nailed them. The 2000 STL re-branding was a disaster with the navy and gold.

That's why they're getting the hate.

Anytime a team does it they deservedly get trashed on.

• Like 1