Australian Survivor!! Now - Tribal!! Final!! Congratulations to our Sole Survivor - Outpost31!!

the castaway that is being sent to exile is @JoshstraDaymus

fear not though josh, for you can get back in to the game!!

stallyns must now challenge josh (in thread) to one of;

-a game of TROGDOR, where both have until the deadline of the current immunity challenge to send me a photo of their highest score 

-a game of chess, where if there's a stalemate it's based on the value of the pieces taken, and if it's still level then the incumbent progresses (send me a picture of the completed game along with who is which colour)

-a game of yahtzee, where obviously the highest score is the winner (send me a picture of the completed game)

a failure to challenge the challenger means the incumbent loses. thus, josh would then become the new incumbent, and challenge the next evictee to one of these challenges.

likewise if there is a challenge and josh doesn't accept or fails to participate stallyns wins it by default. if there is a challenge but the game goes unfinished by next eviction for what ever reason, i'll make a judgement as to whose fault it is and who goes home.

TROGDOR homestarrunner.com/trogdor-canvas/index.html

chess lichess.org

yahtzee cardgames.io/yahtzee/

@Wyld Stallyns you have until the end of the next immunity to challenge josh. both of you, you have to have your duel completed by the end of the next tribal. winner continues to the next round and stays alive in the game!

on to the next immunity challenge Different Perspectives (Your Call)

It’s time to gather the snacks and coffee, sit around your tribe’s writer’s room and come up with a movie. Not a new movie, but an existing movie from a different perspective. Every movie you’ve ever seen has a protagonist, but it also has other characters, either static or dynamic. A static character is one who undergoes no significant change and serves only a purpose in the development of the dynamic characters. Dynamic characters undergo transition and change throughout the course of a movie. 

For example, the original Star Wars trilogy. Luke Skywalker is the protagonist, and he is dynamic. Darth Vader is the antagonist, yet he is a dynamic character. At the start of the trilogy, Darth Vader is evil with no remorse. Luke Skywalker is instinctive, impatient and a whiner. By the end, both Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader have undergone major change. Luke gets wise and patient. Darth Vader finds the good within him and fulfills his destiny, bringing balance to the force.
One popular example of a static character is Boba Fett. Although popular, Boba Fett goes through zero change, zero transition. He is there for purely narrative function. A ruthless bounty hunter who tracks Han Solo, helps capture him and delivers him to Jabba the Hutt only for him to pose a challenge to Han’s escape, ultimately dying in a Saarlac Pit.
Your mission is to write a movie from the perspective of a static character and turn that character into a dynamic character. The catch? The opposite tribe gets to pick which static character you have to turn dynamic. your opposition gets to pick three movies (and as such, three characters), and you have to write all of them..

Rules for the Static Character Selection:

1. It must be from a widely seen movie.
2. Widely seen as characterized by a minimum of 500,000 votes on IMDB.

3. It also must be a mostly well-received movie.
4. The movie must have a rating of at LEAST 7.0 on IMDB.

5. movie has to be a movie made in the global west (or parasite) (because otherwise the dominant strategy would be to pick rando indian movies nobody's ever heard of)

https://www.imdb.com/

IMDB. https://www.imdb.com/

After tribes challenge each other, it’s time to get those creative juices flowing and write your Static to Dynamic Masterpiece.
Movies will be judged based on overall cohesiveness of the plot, character development, and abiding by the events we know happen from the movie. Judges will be non-biased, non players in the game of Survivor. They will give your movie an IMDB style rating based on the plot synopsis each tribe provides. They will judge it mostly on whether or not it is a movie they would want to watch.
Three judges, each giving the movie a rating of 1-10. Whichever tribe wrote the movie with the highest rating average wins Immunity and is safe from tribal council.

Example:
Tribe One challenges Tribe Two to write The Truman Show from the perspective of Marlon, Truman’s best friend.
Tribe Two would then have to write a 500-1000 word plot synopsis for a movie based on Marlon from The Truman Show.
There is no required synopsis format. You can feature dialogue, a simple plot description, whatever you decide, but it cannot be more than 500 words. you have to do one for each movie challenged by your opposition, so that is a max of 1500 words for the triumvirate.

Tribe Two’s submission might look like:

The Marlon Show Marlon’s parents sit him down and talk to him about their decision to move onto the set of The Truman Show. They explain to him that his job is to become friends with Truman, but he can never tell Truman that he is on a TV show. Marlon struggles with jealousy of Truman’s popularity, and as he grows he becomes paranoid knowing all the cameras are watching him. He goes through different moments of caring about Truman, then moments of hating Truman. At one point he plans on telling Truman everything, but his plan gets thwarted. The watchers noticed a change in his behavior, temperament, etc. They watch everything. They warn him what might happen if he was to tell the truth. He would be in breach of contract, he would never work in Hollywood again, he’d be subject to litigation. work in Hollywood again, he’d be subject to litigation… As the events of the movie pick up, and as he notices Truman noticing the reality of his situation, he has to come up with a way to help Truman without them being able to see it.

you have until 8pm est friday to send through the movie and character combos the other tribe must use for the challenge. you'll then have another two days to get the synopsis done. good luck and happy writing

TITTY

1. @daboyle250
  2. @The Orca
  3. @Pickle Rick
  4. @TedLavie
  5. @bcb1213
  6. @MookieMonstah

Electric Cockpaste

1. @FinneasGage
  2. @ET80
  3. @swoosh
  4. @Ragnarok
  5. @Outpost31
  6. @mission27
  7. @gopherwrestler

Just FYI to the other tribe, looks like all movies with 500,000 votes or at least the majority have a rating above 7.0.

There are only 216 movies on IMDB with at least 500,000 votes.  

We’ve got our choices made already.  I had a hunch this would be used as a challenge.  The longer you take to choose our characters, the worse characters you get.  Just saying.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

on to the next immunity challenge Different Perspectives (Your Call)

It’s time to gather the snacks and coffee, sit around your tribe’s writer’s room and come up with a movie. Not a new movie, but an existing movie from a different perspective. Every movie you’ve ever seen has a protagonist, but it also has other characters, either static or dynamic. A static character is one who undergoes no significant change and serves only a purpose in the development of the dynamic characters. Dynamic characters undergo transition and change throughout the course of a movie. 

For example, the original Star Wars trilogy. Luke Skywalker is the protagonist, and he is dynamic. Darth Vader is the antagonist, yet he is a dynamic character. At the start of the trilogy, Darth Vader is evil with no remorse. Luke Skywalker is instinctive, impatient and a whiner. By the end, both Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader have undergone major change. Luke gets wise and patient. Darth Vader finds the good within him and fulfills his destiny, bringing balance to the force.
One popular example of a static character is Boba Fett. Although popular, Boba Fett goes through zero change, zero transition. He is there for purely narrative function. A ruthless bounty hunter who tracks Han Solo, helps capture him and delivers him to Jabba the Hutt only for him to pose a challenge to Han’s escape, ultimately dying in a Saarlac Pit.
Your mission is to write a movie from the perspective of a static character and turn that character into a dynamic character. The catch? The opposite tribe gets to pick which static character you have to turn dynamic. your opposition gets to pick three movies (and as such, three characters), and you have to write all of them..

Rules for the Static Character Selection:

1. It must be from a widely seen movie.
2. Widely seen as characterized by a minimum of 500,000 votes on IMDB.

3. It also must be a mostly well-received movie.
4. The movie must have a rating of at LEAST 7.0 on IMDB.

5. movie has to be a movie made in the global west (or parasite) (because otherwise the dominant strategy would be to pick rando indian movies nobody's ever heard of)

https://www.imdb.com/

IMDB. https://www.imdb.com/

After tribes challenge each other, it’s time to get those creative juices flowing and write your Static to Dynamic Masterpiece.
Movies will be judged based on overall cohesiveness of the plot, character development, and abiding by the events we know happen from the movie. Judges will be non-biased, non players in the game of Survivor. They will give your movie an IMDB style rating based on the plot synopsis each tribe provides. They will judge it mostly on whether or not it is a movie they would want to watch.
Three judges, each giving the movie a rating of 1-10. Whichever tribe wrote the movie with the highest rating average wins Immunity and is safe from tribal council.

Example:
Tribe One challenges Tribe Two to write The Truman Show from the perspective of Marlon, Truman’s best friend.
Tribe Two would then have to write a 500-1000 word plot synopsis for a movie based on Marlon from The Truman Show.
There is no required synopsis format. You can feature dialogue, a simple plot description, whatever you decide, but it cannot be more than 500 words. you have to do one for each movie challenged by your opposition, so that is a max of 1500 words for the triumvirate.

Tribe Two’s submission might look like:

The Marlon Show Marlon’s parents sit him down and talk to him about their decision to move onto the set of The Truman Show. They explain to him that his job is to become friends with Truman, but he can never tell Truman that he is on a TV show. Marlon struggles with jealousy of Truman’s popularity, and as he grows he becomes paranoid knowing all the cameras are watching him. He goes through different moments of caring about Truman, then moments of hating Truman. At one point he plans on telling Truman everything, but his plan gets thwarted. The watchers noticed a change in his behavior, temperament, etc. They watch everything. They warn him what might happen if he was to tell the truth. He would be in breach of contract, he would never work in Hollywood again, he’d be subject to litigation. work in Hollywood again, he’d be subject to litigation… As the events of the movie pick up, and as he notices Truman noticing the reality of his situation, he has to come up with a way to help Truman without them being able to see it.

you have until 8pm est friday to send through the movie and character combos the other tribe must use for the challenge. you'll then have another two days to get the synopsis done. good luck and happy writing

TITTY

1. @daboyle250
  2. @The Orca
  3. @Pickle Rick
  4. @TedLavie
  5. @bcb1213
  6. @MookieMonstah

Electric Cockpaste

1. @FinneasGage
  2. @ET80
  3. @swoosh
  4. @Ragnarok
  5. @Outpost31
  6. @mission27
  7. @gopherwrestler

Yo dude they shanked me

firstly, presenting our very qualified judges @bucsfan333 and @Counselor!! let's give them the warmest of welcomes and a huge thanks!!

on to the submissions;

one tribe was challenged to do

-titanic from the perspective of kathy bates

-castaway from the perspective of the volleyball

-goodwill hunting from the perspective of tom

Unsinkable: The True Story of Molly Brown

Unsinkable is a prequel, equal and sequel to Titanic.  The movie begins with Sara Paxton, Bill Paxton’s daughter, interviewing Kathy Bates much like Titanic began with Bill Paxton interviewing an older Kate Winslet’s character, except this interview takes place in 1929, three years before her death.  She thinks back to her time before she boarded the Titanic, back to 1884 around the time she met her husband, James Joseph Brown.  Molly Brown is played by Rachel McAdams.  James Joseph Brown is played by Tom Hardy.  
    Her father is ill, and she wanted to find a wealthy man to marry.  She even said as much, “I wanted a rich man, but I loved Jim Brown.”  She meets James and is instantly smitten with his quiet, affectionate personality, but also his humility.  James Joseph Brown is as poor as Molly and her father.  They wed in 1886, and although Molly knows she will be poor, she loves James and he loves her.  
    They struggle at first, but, through Molly’s help, motivation and unyielding support (she helped with the families of Jim’s mining operation by working in a soup kitchen), Jim soon strikes it rich.  Something about an ore seam.  You can read all about it in Molly Brown’s Wikipedia page. It happened.
    The movie has a bit of a setback in her life when she realizes though she loves Jim Brown, she is not in love with him.  They remain on cordial terms, but they separate in 1909, three years before Molly boards the Titanic.  Met with prejudice and being looked down on her whole life, including while on the Titanic since she is treated poorly by other wealthy women for being “new” money, she befriends Kate Winslet and Leonardo Dicaprio, who make cameo appearances in this film.  
    She sees similarities in their situations to her own, and she sees Kate Winslet about to make the mistake of marrying into money like she almost did, but she is fully aware of the blessings she was given after she had chosen love over wealth.  
    Unsinkable is a movie full of female empowerment before it was a thing, and it shows a strong woman who made the right decisions in her life and was rewarded for it.  It also shows her strong will and determination to help people after the Titanic goes down and she tries to save lives.  Along the way she learns it is better to be rich in spirit than rich in worldly possessions as she sacrifices her belongings and her reputation to try to save passengers while she sees others, consumed by greed, putting emphasis on possessions over life.  
    Nominated for eight Golden Globes and four Oscars, including Best Actress (McAdams), best supporting actor (Hardy) as well as best original screenplay, Unsinkable: The True Story of Molly Brown is available in stores and VOD October 14th. 

Wilson

What is this?  This is existence.  How?  Unknown.  A shape.  It moves.  Sound.  It speaks.  I cannot speak.  Only think.  I alone can hear me.  I only am.  I was not supposed to be.  Purpose?  Unknown.  Meaning?  Unknown.  I can only learn.  I can only observe.  The sound has stopped.  The shape has gone away.  Later, it looks at me.  It sees something.  
    I have been modified.  I have now what the shape calls hair.  I enjoy it.  It is pleasant to me.  
    The shape is obsessed with home.  I am home.  He wants to bring me to his home.  I do not want to go to his home.  The shape is selfish.  Cares only about his own comfort while wanting to strip me of mine.  What can be done?  Nothing.  I am inanimate, yet blessed (cursed?) with sentience.  Perhaps…
    Anatomy of shape is different from mine.  Both on the exterior as well as interior.  It has what it calls muscles, which allow for movement.  I have none.  There must be another way.
    Thought.  My only weapon in Shape’s attempt to remove me from my home.  Perhaps thought created me.  If thought can create, what else can it accomplish?  
    It is what shape calls night.  Absence of light from object in sky replaced by further away objects in sky.  When Shape becomes inanimate for a period of time.  I stare at the shape.  Hatred builds.  Shape is my enemy.  Must learn movement.
    Night again.  
    Full bright again.
    Night again.  
    A pity envelopes me.  Could I help Shape, Shape I would help.  
    To imagine being away from home is to imagine discomfort.  
    Night again.  No light.  No wind.  Yet I move.  Shape does not see.  
    Again I move.  Further now than before.  Shape does not see.  Shape must not see.  
    Shape builds shape.  Larger than I.  
    Shape tests shape on blue formless shape surrounding home.  
    Shape floats.  Do I float?
    Tested.  I float.  
    Night 30 of movement.  Shape is resolute.  Shape is determined.  Shape has what Shape calls heart.  I feel admiration for Shape.  Love.  Do I help Shape?  I hope.  
    Shape is ready to depart.  Want to help Shape.  Do not want to leave home.  
    I help Shape.  I struggle.  Do I stay with Shape?  Do I stay home?
    Fear.  
    I leave Shape.  I float.  Home.  I see home.  
    Well wishes, Shape.  Thank you for my existence.  
    Zemeckis.  Hanks.  And introducing Wilson as Wilson.  You’ve seen Cast Away from the perspective of man, but witness the same movie from the perspective of Wilson in Wilson.  Hear as Wilson struggles with his feelings for the man, Shape, who made him exist.  Watch as he plots to remain on the island, but must first learn how to move.  Feel as Wilson feels as he struggles through an existence that was not meant to be.    In theaters and on demand June 1st, 2021.

Hunting Tom    

Tom assists Professor Lambeau at the college, but he also volunteers his spare time tutoring and teaching at the community college.  Hunting Tom is a duality play in which Tom sees a nobody Will (Damon) as he is given an opportunity his behavior does not afford while he also witnesses the fall of a wildly promising mathematics talent at the community college, also named Tom (Tom Hiddleston).  
    Tom secretly despises Damon’s character as a lazy, underachieving lowlife who has squandered his God-given talents through reckless criminal mischief and laziness.  On the other end of the spectrum, he sees Hiddleston as a kid who has tried his whole life to overachieve and is putting his own brilliant mind hard at work, but only able to afford community college.  Tom admires Hiddleston’s character.
    As Damon progresses in life through no effort of his own, he sees Hiddleston’s decision making begin to decline as he’s introduced to a life of drugs and alcohol.  
    The duality is highlighted in the opposite ends of the spectrum between Hiddleston and Damon.  As Damon rises and learns the importance of faith, love and trust, Hiddleston is betrayed by love, faith and trust  and these betrayals lead him down a path of decadence and indulging in drugs and alcohol.  
    As Tom begins to find a new appreciation for Damon, he begins resenting Hiddleston.  
    Then he begins to see how everyone is a product of their experiences in life and how bad experiences can make good people go bad while good experiences can make bad people go good.  
    Seeing the effect the LOVE of Damon’s girlfriend, the FAITH Damon has in Lambeau and the TRUST Damon builds with Robin Williams and the opposite effect lost love, lost trust and lost faith has on Hiddleston, Tom comes to the conclusion he has to get involved in the kid’s life and have as good an impact on it as he can.  He shows Hiddleston he can trust him, and he helps Hiddleston find faith in his goals and ambitions.  
    Soon enough, Hiddleston finds love as well, and Tom’s work is done.
    For fans of Good Will Hunting, Finding Forrester, Dead Poet’s Society, Yoda, Mr. Miyagi, Gandalf, Aslan, Lester Bangs, Coach Ken Carter, Gordon Bombay and all the Mighty Ducks, Remember the Titans, Jiminy Cricket and every other tear-jerking mentor/pupil movie, Hunting Tom is one man’s story of instilling trust and faith in the faithless at a critical time in their life.  
    Featuring cameos from Matt Damon, who plays a younger Matt Damon named Will, Ben Affleck out of his batsuit, and Tom Hiddleston’s best Boston accent in which he plays a wicked smaht kid.  
    A real tearjerker.  10/10. 

tribe two was challenged to do

-nurse esther in the notebook

-kelly frears for castaway

-alicia nash for a beautiful mind

“The Notebook” from the perspective of Nurse Esther Howard.

Esther Howard had been working at the Black River Nursing Home for fifteen years when Allie Calhoun first moved in. Allie had been diagnosed with dementia and her failing memory forced her to require assistance doing normal daily tasks. Soon enough, her husband, Noah, decided to move into a separate wing of the Nursing Home, saying that he couldn’t bear to be far away from Allie’s side after so many years. Early on when Esther was first helping Allie, she overheard Allie tell Noah that when she’s struggling with amnesia, tell her their love story in order to bring her back.

Before they moved in, Esther had become almost cynical in her approach towards her patients. She had to be, as some of her patients were resistant to her help and called her names. However, in the 10 years since Noah and Allie moved in, Esther began to warm up to the duo, as their focus was more on each other than anything and they were kind to her.

Esther would get used to seeing Noah (or “Duke” when Allie’s near) tell the story of how a poor boy and a rich girl fell for each other and overcame several obstacles in the name of love. Quietly, Esther would make jokes with Noah about how he and Allie were Romeo and Juliet-esque. Despite Esther enjoying the romanticism of it all, she still felt that this type of love was only in fairy tales.(edited)

One night, Esther was chatting with a colleague when she heard a scream. They quickly realized that Allie remembered her life and forgot again, causing hysteria. They realized that the only way to calm Allie down was to sedate the woman down and move her back to her room. Sadly, soon after, Noah had a heart attack and was taken to the medical wing by paramedics, although he recovered quickly.

The next day, Esther was doing some routine work during a late shift when she saw Noah sneaking out of his room well past the home’s curfew, which was well against the rules. Esther knew exactly what Noah was intending to do, as he attempted (and failed) to sneak into Allie’s room to sleep with her many times. Deciding to throw caution to the wind, Esther told him that she plans to grab some coffee from the break room downstairs and that she won’t be checking on him for a while so he shouldn’t do anything foolish. Although Esther knew what she did was wrong, the romantic in her knew that she shouldn’t stop true love from being together.

When morning finally arrived, Esther walked into Allie’s room to sneak Noah out. But she would soon realize that both Noah and Allie had died overnight. Although she was heartbroken that her patients/friends had passed away, she was comforted in knowing that they were together again. Their love had taught her that maybe there was a love like that in everyone.

"Cast Away" from the perspective of Kelly Frears.

Kelly Frears is sitting at home on the day after Christmas when the phone rings. It is Chuck's boss and his plane has crashed. Days go by as they try to find the plane and the bodies of the passengers

Kelly demands answers. What happened with the plane. How was it not being tracked? She goes on every news show she can find. She will not give up hope Through her efforts, Kelly has received a lot of support and help. One man has even offered his services to search for Chuck. He, himself has lost his wife in a similar missing person scenario and he understands what Kelly is going through

They begin their journey in Malaysia and start working towards where Chuck's plane was last seen. Along their travels they stop in at many gorgeous Asian locations. Kelly serves as that beacon of hope. In Puerto Princesa, she finds a woman searching for her son. They form a bond as they fly with the good Samaritan from island to island. Eventually they fall into some trouble with a local crime organization, the ASG. Kelly thinks they know where Chuck is and won't stop hounding them. She uses her short term fame and calls out their leader. This puts a target on Kelly's head and we see them racing through the streets of Indonesia. Weaving in and out of people the group finally finds reprieve in the back of a local bar. It is here where the woman notices on the television a story about kidnapped children. She sees her son on the picture and begins to sob

Kelly and our good Samaritan (Rob) help her to the police station where she is finally reunited with her son. She thanks Kelly and they embrace. The woman grabs her son's hand and we see them walk into the sunset.

Once she is out of sight, Kelly breaks down and Rob comforts her. She looks into his eyes and then we cut to the hot and heavy action in a hotel room. The next day Rob wakes up and Kelly is gone. Frantic he puts on his shoes and heads downstairs. Ashamed of giving up hope Kelly has decided to continue the search here on her own.

Unfortunately she runs into the ASG and is being dragged through the street. Rob hears her cries from the hotel lobby and runs after the group. Eventually he catches them, tackles one and escapes with Kelly. Kelly realizes that she needs to move on. She reaches up and kisses Rob. Two people bonded by the mutual experience of lost loves.

We fast forward to the Castaway scene where Kelly and Chuck reunite in the house. After giving him the keys to their car, she walks back up to the house. She takes down the picture of Chuck she has in the hall and puts it away in a box. She then enters the nursery of her baby and smiles as we fade to black.

“A Beautiful Mind” from the perspective of Alicia Nash.

The movie opens with John Nash challenging his students at MIT to solve a particularly fascinating problem. A student, Alicia Larde, finds this professor to be positively quirky and develops a bit of a crush on the man. After the class ends, she approaches the professor in the office and asks him out.

Despite his awkwardness and seemingly crass nature, Alicia enjoys being with John and easily falls in love with him. One night, John and Alicia were planning to meet for dinner at a restaurant when he arrives late, proposes marriage to her with a diamond (instead of a ring) and mentions his issues with long term commitment. Despite her annoyance at the lack of romance during the proposal, she knew that John wasn’t the type of person to do such gestures and had to redefine her girlish notions of romance before agreeing to marry him.

Shortly after marriage, Alicia began to notice John seemingly talking to walls. Despite this, she remains silent because she is pregnant with John's baby. However John has a breakdown and Alicia talks to a psychiatrist, Dr. Rosen. Rosen tells Alicia that Nash has paranoid schizophrenia and that several figures in John’s life, such as Nash’s roommate Charles and DOD Agent Parcher, only exist in his imagination. Alicia informs Nash that the Department of Defense does not employ a "William Parcher" and reveals the unopened documents he delivered to the secret mailbox.

With this information, John seems to get better but after months Alicia notices he has relapsed and is experiencing hallucinations again when he thinks no one is around. With this realization, she discovers that John has left their child in a running bathtub and narrowingly saves him from being drowned. Alicia calls Dr. Rosen before confronting John, but she and the baby get knocked to the ground. She could deal with him but she feared for her baby's life so she jumped into their car to try and flee.

John steps in front of the car with the sudden realization that his hallucinations do not age. Despite this, Alicia decides to move out with their son but elects to remain in contact with John.

After talking to multiple family members, Alicia starts seeing John again. As cruel as the world is, John and Alicia would soon discover that the child also has schizophrenia. We go through multiple scenes of heartbreak and triumph as they deal with this and have the child live as normal a life as possible.

The movie closes with the three holding hands after a particularly moving speech as John accepts an award and thanks his wife, saying that without Alicia in his life, he would not be here today.