Australian Survivor!! Now - Tribal!! Final!! Congratulations to our Sole Survivor - Outpost31!!

34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And to counter your point, you’ve got 15,000 likes on 64,000 posts.

I’ve got 9,300 likes on 29,000 posts.

Remember - post counts from the old site were carried over upon migration to the new site. I had roughly 40,000 posts on the old site, and HorizontoZenith (the name you carried over) had 6,000.

So, the real math is 24,000 for ET... 23,000 for HorizontoZenith/Outpost. 😉

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@gopherwrestler, @MookieMonstah, @The Orca, @ET80, @TedLavie, @bcb1213

I have not received any formal questions from any of you.  I’m not lying at this point.  If your mind isn’t made and you have a question (s), I’ll answer it.

Power rank everyone who played - non jury and jury, along with commentary on each player.

@Outpost31 congrats on getting there. From what I got from swoosh in the jury convo, which was confirmed after, you dominated this game throughout. And I have no issue with you taking me out when you did, unlike @ET80 to whom I wish a lifetime of Romeo Crennel (would have been more effective 2 weeks ago). So I am not going to ask anything gameplay related because there's no question you outplayed mission, since you actually played. 

I think, like others in the jury, my sole issue is that you used inactives as a shield (gopher), as a voting block (mission, finn) and now as a ticket to what was supposed to be a guaranteed win (mission again). It was undeniably very effective for the first two parts, the third remaining to be seen. It also, in my honest opinion, reduces the appeal of the game for everyone involved since challenges go uncontested and there's little possibilities for drama.

My question is this, now that you got this negative feedback from some people, would you do anything different and why? 

• Like 1

Just now, The Orca said:

Explain Missions activity from start to finish and why he should win?

Early on, Mission was really active.  He helped out intermittently in some of the group challenges (extensively in one of them that was a huge win for us, I just can't remember which one).  He reached out to a couple players to start an alliance with me, Finn, Gopher (who didn't show up), Daboyle and I think one more.  He was really active in that one. 

Then it was me, Swoosh, Mission and Finn.  Swoosh and I got those two together and those two henceforth did everything we told them to do.

I would say at about the jury portion is when Mission really kinda fell flat on participation.  To his credit I think he only missed one vote.  I told him what to do, he would do it.  He was a pawn at that point.  He still asked occasional questions and I was personally surprised at how well he knew what was going on in the game, so I know for a fact he was paying attention. 

Why he should win?  He latched himself onto me and let me do all the dirty work.  I would say that if he knew he was doing that, but the reality is I carried him.  And I protected him when he otherwise would have been voted out because I knew he wasn't going to make any big moves. 

But to answer your question fairly, if Mission should win he will have won for the following reasons:

1. Loyalty.  His loyalty never wavered.
2. Luck.  BCB decided to go against his code and target Swoosh instead of Mission with his ability. 
3. He was great at picking a partner.

Just now, ET80 said:

Remember - post counts from the old site were carried over upon migration to the new site. I had roughly 40,000 posts on the old site, and HorizontoZenith (the name you carried over) had 6,000.

So, the real math is 24,000 for ET... 23,000 for HorizontoZenith/Outpost. 😉

You post in the NFL General forum.  Traffic there is astounding.  Every time I make a post in there I get an average of 6 likes. 

I get the majority of my likes from the Entertainment forum, which is the deadest on the site.

Can't you just admit it would have been a close call? 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

You post in the NFL General forum.  Traffic there is astounding.  Every time I make a post in there I get an average of 6 likes. 

I get the majority of my likes from the Entertainment forum, which is the deadest on the site.

Can't you just admit it would have been a close call? 

I have several "administrative" posts which is nothing more than me locking a thread and posting a link to another thread. I also get a lot of likes in the Texans forum, which is one of the more quiet team forums.

It's closer than I'd admit, but I still believe I'd win.

Just now, TedLavie said:

@Outpost31 congrats on getting there. From what I got from swoosh in the jury convo, which was confirmed after, you dominated this game throughout. And I have no issue with you taking me out when you did, unlike @ET80 to whom I wish a lifetime of Romeo Crennel (would have been more effective 2 weeks ago). So I am not going to ask anything gameplay related because there's no question you outplayed mission, since you actually played. 

I think, like others in the jury, my sole issue is that you used inactives as a shield (gopher), as a voting block (mission, finn) and now as a ticket to what was supposed to be a guaranteed win (mission again). It was undeniably very effective for the first two parts, the third remaining to be seen. It also, in my honest opinion, reduces the appeal of the game for everyone involved since challenges go uncontested and there's little possibilities for drama.

My question is this, now that you got this negative feedback from some people, would you do anything different and why? 

Absolutely.  I second guessed getting rid of Gopher quite frequently.  I did, eventually, decide to get rid of him even though it was no benefit to me once I started feeling bad at who went out.  I just had to use whatever I could to my advantage in order to ensure I had the numbers. 

The reason I kept Mission was because I had a deal with him.  That's it.  Behind the scenes he was threatening to post pictures of cats and scantily clad women on Reddit.  Seeing how Reddit worked, I believed that would easily have beaten out thought and rationality on a site like Reddit.  And I want everyone to know that... @The Orca, @bcb1213, @Pickle Rick. @ET80,.. This is legit.  I took his deal and missed ET's. 

If I could do anything differently, I would have stopped being such a chicken ****, gotten rid of Finn as soon as he lost interest, gotten rid of Gopher before I blindsided Daboyle and let others compete longer.

I don't regret taking Mission because, at that point, it was a certain loss versus a possible win.  I take ET and ET wins.  He deserved it, but I wanted it.  I put the choice in the hands of the jury rather than giving ET an easy victory.  Vote out of spite and tarnish Shady's game, or let me win (which I feel I deserved). 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Absolutely.  I second guessed getting rid of Gopher quite frequently.  I did, eventually, decide to get rid of him even though it was no benefit to me once I started feeling bad at who went out.  I just had to use whatever I could to my advantage in order to ensure I had the numbers. 

The reason I kept Mission was because I had a deal with him.  That's it.  Behind the scenes he was threatening to post pictures of cats and scantily clad women on Reddit.  Seeing how Reddit worked, I believed that would easily have beaten out thought and rationality on a site like Reddit.  And I want everyone to know that... @The Orca, @bcb1213, @Pickle Rick. @ET80,.. This is legit.  I took his deal and missed ET's. 

If I could do anything differently, I would have stopped being such a chicken ****, gotten rid of Finn as soon as he lost interest, gotten rid of Gopher before I blindsided Daboyle and let others compete longer.

I don't regret taking Mission because, at that point, it was a certain loss versus a possible win.  I take ET and ET wins.  He deserved it, but I wanted it.  I put the choice in the hands of the jury rather than giving ET an easy victory.  Vote out of spite and tarnish Shady's game, or let me win (which I feel I deserved). 

I think you'd have easily won against ET imho. I obviously didn't have a complete picture of what ET did in this game, but I don't think anyone did which would have worked greatly in your favor. 

Edited by TedLavie

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This is legit.  I took his deal and missed ET's. 

OK. That's honesty. I can reward this with my vote.

I will be voting for @Outpost31. This is equal parts an appreciation of his effort in what was a war of attrition as well as a mutual respect for his style of game in our last few runs. 

Games like this only thrive when activity is action driven; Someone has to push the ball downfield, and - for all of his flaws (and there are many flaws, that you can take to the bank) Outpost pushes the ball like Derrick Henry from the Wildcat. His assertive, he's cerebral, he's never resting on his laurels for action to come to him.

I don't like the end result - because it cost me a spot in the final two. I don't like that I was victim to a swerve - it's going to impact future engagement. But, I'll respect it with a vote for you.