Warrants issued for DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar

CBears019

I don't think they could have chosen a worse location to commit these crimes.  Maybe Texas, but Florida is historically relentless on these types of charges.  All of the evidence for each charge is essentially the same, so I imagine it will be a scenario where either they're found innocent or they're going to prison for 30+ years, assuming charges are not altered.

Interested to see what the NFL does with this one.  I realize they took a hands-off approach with Tyreek Hill last year, and previously have indicated a willingness to allow the judicial process to play out... but if the facts check out, this was dangerously close to an Aaron Hernandez-like saga, and that is a relatively fresh nightmare for the NFL that they are determined to not repeat.

• Like 3

After reading through some of the comments, it feels necessary to clarify one thing that's actually football related here. 

Dunbar was more of a luxury for us than anything. A 5th round pick is not a steep price to pay for a guy of his talent and who fits the scheme. Dunbar was projected to be our starting RCB, but Tre Flowers is still a very useful starting CB in this league entering his 3rd season and was expected to push Dunbar at the very least. 

Do we miss out on the opportunity for Dunbar to potentially replicate his great 2019 season? Yes. Are we suddenly desperate for another starting perimeter CB? Absolutely not. Our two starters are on the roster and most fans are very comfortable with the guys we have. With that said, it really cripples our depth. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

The framing of the whole "mask" point made me disregard the article.  We are in the middle of a global pandemic in which it is recommended that masks are worn in public and for gatherings.  Yet, the author is incredulous that a man could wear a mask to a party that would have the added effect of partially concealing his identity.

Not to mention the fact that if they did nothing wrong, why have they not turned themselves in immediately to clear their name. Maybe it's not as bad as what was all said, but donuts to dollars they are guilty of something, and at a minimum, I can't see that there won't be suspensions of some kind, if for nothing else than 'tarnishing the shield'. I won't cry over spilled milk, but I would find it extremely biased, and suspicious, if some hefty suspensions weren't levied for this incident. A 1st Rd pick from just last year?? Definitely suspension worthy, and the two teams should be preparing for those two losses for quite a few games...

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Oh man .... what's more likely 

The cops made something up

Or

These guys convinced their buddies to recant

Option A, and it's not even close.

Though, this bodes pretty well for Dunbar and the Seahawks. Seattle's secondary is already pretty bad despite what Hawks fans tell themselves about Tre Flowers, so any help they can get, especially if Dunbar comes back in with a chip on his shoulder after being wrongly accused of something like this would be a huge boost for that team.

Still feels like the other guy is toast, though.

1 hour ago, chiefs82 said:

Surely having the alleged victims formally change/recant their statements to the police would be more valuable than some letters given to Dunbar's attorney.  If he wasn't involved, is there a reason why his attorney wouldn't have told them to do that?

6 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Surely having the alleged victims formally change/recant their statements to the police would be more valuable than some letters given to Dunbar's attorney.  If he wasn't involved, is there a reason why his attorney wouldn't have told them to do that?

Because he’s guilty as sin

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Option A, and it's not even close.

Though, this bodes pretty well for Dunbar and the Seahawks. Seattle's secondary is already pretty bad despite what Hawks fans tell themselves about Tre Flowers, so any help they can get, especially if Dunbar comes back in with a chip on his shoulder after being wrongly accused of something like this would be a huge boost for that team.

Still feels like the other guy is toast, though.

I thinks that's quite a bit overstated. Seattles defense had a leaky underneath, and teams feasted underneath, which was more in line with taking advantage of Seattles conservative bend don't break scheme. Average depth per target is 12th lowest, Air Yards in middle of the pack. Had the sixth worst YAC, that's the brutal part. Just a lot of WR, RBs running away from Linebackers.

Secondary really solidified once Diggs got settled in. In that last 9 games of the season, Seattle only gave up 235 yards passing per game. Would have been a lot better had Seattle not started playing prevent defense in the 3rd quarter of the Vikings and Panther games. 

• Like 1