Warrants issued for DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar

CBears019

2 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Lol how so? You really have no idea what you’re talking about

I shouldn’t get into it because it’s not football related. 

But your point makes about as much sense as your points usually do ;)

Feel free to PM me if you feel it’s an important discussion.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

lol you have no idea the environments these people grew up in. 

I know people who were drafted and went to war when they were 18.  After they survived that hell, they got jobs, provided for their families and stayed out of trouble.

• Like 8

The lawyer has changed his story yet again. Now he says okay, Baker was there at the party, but he was just playing Madden (as if being signed in to a PS4 account proves you were sitting there using it at the time). The charges against Baker and Dunbar are baffling, but the defense's theories are just as ridiculous.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 3

On 5/19/2020 at 3:33 PM, blizofoz45 said:

I couldn't believe it when Chris Jones of the Chiefs was complaining about being tagged and said he had "Stayed out of trouble".  I'm thinking WTF is so hard about staying out of trouble??  When did THAT become a marketable skill??

Irrelevant to the topic at hand, but worth noting that Chris Jones was very likely juxtaposing his situation to that of Tyreek Hill's after seeing him get the money he was after. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 5:51 PM, Webmaster said:

Discuss football or don’t post.  Drop all the other garbage.

Wouldn't it be great if crime weren't an integral component of football???  It affects roster management, draft choices, free agency and the outcome of games every week.  It's as much a part of the equation as coaching and injuries.  

When was the last time your job was affected because a coworker was arrested?  Be honest.

11 hours ago, blizofoz45 said:

Wouldn't it be great if crime weren't an integral component of football???  It affects roster management, draft choices, free agency and the outcome of games every week.  It's as much a part of the equation as coaching and injuries.  

When was the last time your job was affected because a coworker was arrested?  Be honest.

...today

This issue looks like it could become a war of words and a court battle between Baker and Dunbar and/or their lawyers and/or the state of Florida that goes on longer than anyone cares to follow. So, going back to the football aspect, this obviously throws a wrench into the Giants' plans at secondary.

Baker was not going to be handed anything. But given the investment in him, the expectation was he would at the very least compete with Sam Beal for a starting job opposite free-agent acquisition James Bradberry.

If you take Baker out of the equation that leaves Beal who gets injured more than Evel Knievel, Corey Ballentine who is in over his head and got torched repeatedly, and Darnay Holmes the 4th-round rookie to fight over that second CB spot--assuming they don't pick up a veteran to stabilize things, which I really hope they do. On the bright side, though...

The new system put in place by defensive coordinator Patrick Graham is expected to feature more man coverage than the Giants played last season and this should work well with the skill-sets of the players involved.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/24/deandre-bakers-armed-robbery-charges-have-giants-in-flux/

On 5/27/2020 at 12:05 AM, y*so*blu said:

and Darnay Holmes the 4th-round rookie to fight over that second CB spot--assuming they don't pick up a veteran to stabilize things, which I really hope they do. On the bright side, though...

Don't sleep on this Holmes kid being the #2 behind Bradberry. He's building up alot of hype

On 21-5-2020 at 5:42 AM, y*so*blu said:

The lawyer has changed his story yet again. Now he says okay, Baker was there at the party, but he was just playing Madden (as if being signed in to a PS4 account proves you were sitting there using it at the time). The charges against Baker and Dunbar are baffling, but the defense's theories are just as ridiculous.

OJ Simpson got away with murder bc of the craziest conspiracy theory off all time. Don't sleep on the stupidness of the jury system lol.

1 hour ago, Killashaw said:

OJ Simpson got away with murder bc of the craziest conspiracy theory off all time. Don't sleep on the stupidness of the jury system lol.

As much as I would love to hear your scholarly arguments regarding the merits of the jury system, can we please keep it to football?

Despite being a first rounder, does Baker have less leeway given the coaching change in NY between 2019 and 2020?

1 hour ago, Shockey1979 said:

Don't sleep on this Holmes kid being the #2 behind Bradberry. He's building up alot of hype

He's also forgetting about Julian Love, who played well last year in a new position and is being officially moved back to corner this year, per the Giants website depth chart.

• Like 3