CBears019

Warrants issued for DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

He's also forgetting about Julian Love, who played well last year in a new position and is being officially moved back to corner this year, per the Giants website depth chart.

I liked Julian Love coming out of college - great to hear he's doing well.

7 hours ago, minutemancl said:

He's also forgetting about Julian Love, who played well last year in a new position and is being officially moved back to corner this year, per the Giants website depth chart.

I didn't forget about Julian Love. I left him out because I assumed moving him back to corner would be something of a last resort. He was settling in well at safety.

If Love goes back to corner in place of Baker, then does McKinney step right in at FS? 

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

I didn't forget about Julian Love. I left him out because I assumed moving him back to corner would be something of a last resort. He was settling in well at safety.

If Love goes back to corner in place of Baker, then does McKinney step right in at FS? 

Not necessarily a last resort. With a new coaching staff, changes like this are much more likely to happen. Love played his entire college career at outside corner. While Shurmur and co saw him as a safety, Judge and his team may see it differently. Also, the change in position may end up not meaning much; all offseason, Judge and the coaching staff have preached versatility. It's very possible Love plays all over the secondary, including safety and corner. He did play well last year at safety.

To answer your other question, yes, absolutely Mckinney is the starting FS from day one. He's going to be a good one too. Mckinney and Peppers are going to be the starting safeties. Bradberry is starting outside corner 1, and I think Holmes takes the slot job. There is going to be a huge battle for the 2nd outside corner job.