Warrants issued for DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar

CBears019

No way does this fall on the Giants or DC or the GMs that drafted or signed these turds. This is not Minority Report.

I heard nothing about Baker being a bad egg in college.

You draft talented guys out of the first round because they are scum. It happens all the time.

See Aaron Hernandez, Larry Phillips, and Tyreek Hill. They are the same scumbag coming out of college.

The Chiefs are not smarter than the Patriots or Rams. They got lucky. (that the league invented some bizarre burden of proof for Hill that did not exist for Brady)

Pound Gettleman all you want for drafting a mediocre to bad DB in round 1. Don't nail him for not seeing into the guy's soul.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 2

IIRC, after the Giants bye, they switched from more zone(which Baker wasn't good at) to more man and he was very good.

I think this hurts them a lot.

I didn't know about his apparent laziness though, so it might save the Giants money in the end.

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

no good look for the Giants scouts imo. This stuff probably doesn't happen out of the blue.

To take that guy in the 1st round... sheesh.

The worst part is that Gettleman traded up to do it when all of the DBs were basically still on the board. You could argue it was for the 5th year option (so it wasn't the worst trade) but yeah its a big oof there.

42 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

No way does this fall on the Giants or DC or the GMs that drafted or signed these turds. This is not Minority Report.

You draft talented guys out of the first round because they are scum. It happens all the time.

See Aaron Hernandez, Larry Phillips, and Tyreek Hill. They are the same scumbag coming out of college.

The Chiefs are not smarter than the Patriots or Rams. They got lucky. (that the league invented some bizarre burden of proof for Hill that did not exist for Brady)

Pound Gettleman all you want for drafting a mediocre to bad DB in round 1. Don't nail him for not seeing into the guy's soul.

Is this supposed to be Lawrence Phillips (the guy that essentially ended Steve Young’s career)? If so, he was a top ten pick. 

I do agree with the fact that in a lot of cases it is impossible to tell what someone is going to do when they get a bunch of money and a little fame. That being said Tyreek Hill was a POS in college and that was pretty well documented and imo should never been allowed to play in the NFL after what he did. Seems like a lot of the Hernandez legal stuff was kept kind of under wraps until years later; the immaturity was a known factor though and the reason he dropped.

• Like 1

Yeah, if I'm Logan Ryan, I am so baling on the Jets and telling my agent to get my butt to Seattle...but would happily slow down the process with them in hopes of driving the price up.

Could care less about Baker, but Dunbar is someone I have targeted in simulated league expansion drafts/signings. On the field, I like what I've seen from him. This definitely shows that game day skills have absolutely nothing to do with the kind of person one is.

14 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Yeah, if I'm Logan Ryan, I am so baling on the Jets and telling my agent to get my butt to Seattle...but would happily slow down the process with them in hopes of driving the price up.

Could care less about Baker, but Dunbar is someone I have targeted in simulated league expansion drafts/signings. On the field, I like what I've seen from him. This definitely shows that game day skills have absolutely nothing to do with the kind of person one is.

Yeah, he was a fantastic story coming out of college as a UDFA wide receiver, and going ahead and changing positions to cornerback because his chances of making the roster were slim. A lot of credit has to go to Perry Fewell for starting that transition, and Torian Gray for finishing it up.  Redskins fans really liked him, as anyone could identify with how he worked his way up the depth chart.  With a healthy 2020, Dunbar was poised to cash in big in free agency.  Now that's probably out the door for something extremely stupid.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Yeah, as a Georgia fan I didn't expect this, nor did I expect it as a Redskins fan out of Dunbar.  I'm sure a lot of teams were talking to the UGA staff about their players, and none of them probably predicted it either.  A lot can change when you've secured your millions.  

Gonna give you a football for this post for the Minority Report reference.  Well done.