Warrants issued for DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar

CBears019

Dont get why players need to resort to this mentality. If you had a party why is 70k laying around. If it was in jewelry or other items why is that not in a safe. You are making millions get yourself an accountant or someone who can take care of your finances. If you are having a party get some type of bouncer in there to protect your stuff. Also why go after someone to take it back, if you know who the people are get the police involved and let them deal with it. You may not get it back but your not going to lose more then 70k or your freedom. The thug mentality is ridiculous and needs to be left at the door the day you sign your contract. It amazes me how idiots just cant follow simple rules in society in order to make millions. Even if it is vet min it still 1% Americans making that much so why waste it all in order to act hard. Follow societal laws and you will be set for life. 

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

Okay so after reading this post article provided to me by @Gmen19851 Idk if I am ready to condemn them yet. 

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/deandre-baker/

Which is why both teams should wait and let the justice system and NFL do the investigating.  But both teams should be preparing for not having either player right now.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CBears019 said:

As a current LEO...

- It’s not uncommon for people to wait odd lengths of time to call. 45 minutes is a longer time than you’d expect, but not red-flag worthy. Especially if they were doing anything...”fugazi” and needed to clean it up. Baker and Dunbar were ID’d and not on scene - there’s less urgency than your typical robbery on the sidewalk. 

- Poster thought it was odd that the parties could possibly have been playing for a couple hours (which isn’t a definite, the party started at 2000 & incident occurred around 2300, doesn’t mean they were there for the whole time), but that’s not really red-flag worthy either.

- Poster was skeptical about the victim throwing a party without knowing all the guests, especially one with a mask. Well first off, the former is not weird at all. Like even a little. The latter certainly isn’t odd in today’s environment, with many people wearing masks. Second, is the poster going to pretend like this guest - wait for it - couldn’t have put the mask on during the party? Crazy stuff, but I think it’s possible. 

- Anyone in this profession knows - or SHOULD know - how inconsistent witness testimonies are (which I realize is a major problem given how many steps get taken based off strictly accounts by the CV/witnesses). If they took 45 minutes to draw up a plan, they’d have a similar story. In the affidavit, it pretty clearly tells a story of three perps with some ambiguity on how many were armed. It’s not surprising when people are in high adrenaline situations to misremember details as if they were 100% facts. 

Getting a little off the beaten trail here and I don’t want the thread locked, so to wrap it up I’ll say even if they skate by on reasonable doubt or plea it down, I think it’s pretty safe to say these two won’t be playing for awhile. Baker might have a shot coming back if he beats the charges because he’s young, Dunbar I think will be a bit older trying to make a comeback and will end up like a recent Sam Shields or something.

We’ll see how it plays out, anything can happen and we don’t know the facts. But that article doesn’t really present anything exceptional from my perspective.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

As a current LEO...

- It’s not uncommon for people to wait odd lengths of time to call. 45 minutes is a longer time than you’d expect, but not red-flag worthy. Especially if they were doing anything...”fugazi” and needed to clean it up. Baker and Dunbar were ID’d and not on scene - there’s less urgency than your typical robbery on the sidewalk. 

- Poster thought it was odd that the parties could possibly have been playing for a couple hours (which isn’t a definite, the party started at 2000 & incident occurred around 2300, doesn’t mean they were there for the whole time), but that’s not really red-flag worthy either.

- Poster was skeptical about the victim throwing a party without knowing all the guests, especially one with a mask. Well first off, the former is not weird at all. Like even a little. The latter certainly isn’t odd in today’s environment, with many people wearing masks. Second, is the poster going to pretend like this guest - wait for it - couldn’t have put the mask on during the party? Crazy stuff, but I think it’s possible. 

- Anyone in this profession knows - or SHOULD know - how inconsistent witness testimonies are (which I realize is a major problem given how many steps get taken based off strictly accounts by the CV/witnesses). If they took 45 minutes to draw up a plan, they’d have a similar story. In the affidavit, it pretty clearly tells a story of three perps with some ambiguity on how many were armed. It’s not surprising when people are in high adrenaline situations to misremember details as if they were 100% facts. 

Getting a little off the beaten trail here and I don’t want the thread locked, so to wrap it up I’ll say even if they skate by on reasonable doubt or plea it down, I think it’s pretty safe to say these two won’t be playing for awhile. Baker might have a shot coming back if he beats the charges because he’s young, Dunbar I think will be a bit older trying to make a comeback and will end up like a recent Sam Shields or something.

We’ll see how it plays out, anything can happen and we don’t know the facts. But that article doesn’t really present anything exceptional from my perspective.

The framing of the whole "mask" point made me disregard the article.  We are in the middle of a global pandemic in which it is recommended that masks are worn in public and for gatherings.  Yet, the author is incredulous that a man could wear a mask to a party that would have the added effect of partially concealing his identity.

• Like 3